Who are you pulling for to win the national title?

tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is not who you think will win or who you would put money on. Who do you want to win out of the 4 teams in the playoffs

Who are you pulling for to win the national title? 109 votes

Alabama
55%
DawgsaucedonmBamaDawgBigGAdawgDirtDawgdradcliffczaxsbakJoelSidneyKellyGBALsuperblackeagleTomGroseCharlestowneDawgmontez32pippin888HotDawgsAndMustardbooneyspenceThelordjohnsonchub4Chubboldon42sarcean 61 votes
Clemson
14%
tfk_fanboyTdub0199josh31533willpruden3EastAtlDawgWCDawgSteve_Zissoujh30906ClemTownVALDOSTADAWGLowcountryDawg21Dooleymanateedavea_rattlercschuler13jglazern 16 votes
Notre Dame
15%
Dawg88amjadawgsBiggerBadDawgDawg14jc30116Dawgsince76gadawginpagreshamdiscochinadawgBankwalkerjudasdurantSoFL_DawgAtlanta_DawgAnotherDawgAaronUTSECFan13HunkerDown1MoreTime 17 votes
Oklahoma
13%
DakotaDawgFanCZCashvilleDawginsertusernamehereAgDawgHenley79tymoon31UpstateSCDawgpgjacksonlaw_dawg35coastaldawgMentokBrotatoChip88RxDawgMountainDawgCaromeclark 15 votes

Comments

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Clemson

I posted this in another thread but copy/pasting here:

I am pulling for Clemson to win vs ND. Fiancée is an alum and we are season ticket holders and I live in SC. Plus, anyone who beats USCe regularly is good for me

But from a UGA-centric perspective, I would think ND winning the title, then coming to UGA next season and losing to UGA would be our best-case scenario.

Does not help Clemson or Alabama in recruiting. Don't have to hear about the Big 12 offenses. And we will play the defending national champ at home week 2 (I think it is week 2)

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Oklahoma

I think OU can beat Bama. I think the championship game will be OU vs Clemson

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 8,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Clemson

Clempscum, but the smart choice would be ND or Oklahoma since we don't compete for recruits much and we have to play both Clempscum and The Gumps in the future.

Clemson

@law_dawg35 said:
    I think OU can beat Bama. I think the championship game will be OU vs Clemson

I think it will be Clemson vs Bama.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

None of the above

• levanderlevander Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It seems silly to pull for anyone. Short of their being a short circuit in the system somewhere, it’s pretty obvious Bama is gonna win.

They didn’t even play as well as they could have the first 3 quarters of the SECCG. BUt they’ve been woken now. They know they can’t play like that through the playoffs.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Alabama

Also posted in another thread...

I hope Alabama runs up the score on Oklahoma's sorry defense and shuts their offense down. I hope ND kills Clempsom then gets boat raced by Alabama. The dawgs will have been the only team to have given Bama a game and everyone else looks second rung. Georgia can use that scenario well on the recruiting trail. Georgia is pushing Bama. Clempsom is a paper tiger. Notre Dame and Oklahoma are years behind.

Clemson

@GrayDawg said:

I hope Alabama runs up the score on Oklahoma's sorry defense and shuts their offense down. I hope ND kills Clempsom then gets boat raced by Alabama. The dawgs will have been the only team to have given Bama a game and everyone else looks second rung. Georgia can use that scenario well on the recruiting trail. Georgia is pushing Bama. Clempsom is a paper tiger. Notre Dame and Oklahoma are years behind.

Using a similar logic then why not pull for Notre Dame? We are 100% guaranteed to play Notre Dame next year. Same cannot be said for playing Alabama next year. We recruit directly against Alabama, why give them another advantage of a 15-0 national title, the first ever, to hang their hat on? We rarely recruit directly against Notre Dame

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2
    Oklahoma

Don’t really care. Part of me wants Bama to steamroll everyone so we can say we probably should have been in there. Part of me wants OU to steamroll everyone because I am sick of Bama and Clemson. ND is the weak sister in the group, so I hope they get steamrolled no matter what...but then it will be cool to beat the defending NCs in the first game next year.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Alabama

@tfk_fanboy said:

@GrayDawg said:

Using a similar logic then why not pull for Notre Dame? We are 100% guaranteed to play Notre Dame next year. Same cannot be said for playing Alabama next year. We recruit directly against Alabama, why give them another advantage of a 15-0 national title, the first ever, to hang their hat on? We rarely recruit directly against Notre Dame

I could roll with that too.

• 12ed12ed Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm pulling for Armageddon just as the semifinals commence.

On a side note, as the zombies surround fat man Jim and Kirby and begin feasting on their innards I want them to have flashbacks of Rodrigo dancing around like a doomed, helpless gazelle at the LSU game while thinking to themselves "so this is what it felt like...."

YEAH KIRBY NO MORE TRICK PLAYS PLS

• GBALGBAL Posts: 59 ✭ Freshman
    Alabama

Dogs..... you gotta pull for the SEC in any all games we play as hard as it may be. SEC opponents are 2/3+ of our schedule every year and we need to keep our strength of schedule element strong. To pull for any opponent outside the SEC (against an SEC opponent) hurts us DAWGS. **** it up.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2
    Alabama

@greygoose01 said:
    I’m pulling for the committee to be fired and expand the number of playoff teams

I think those are two separate and unlikely outcomes , at least for the foreseeable future.

Clemson

About where I expected it to be, around 50-50

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Notre Dame

@corai3 talked me into my vote.

Would make our game next season that much bigger- facing the defending champs- and that much sweeter, when we run them off the field.

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Notre Dame

I would love for them to be on that high horse when they come to town next year. On another though if Bama was to win, would Lil St. Nicky be ready to ride out into the sunset at that time if he has beaten the Bears record for most NC’s?

• Henley79Henley79 Posts: 32 ✭ Freshman
    Oklahoma

None of the above. UCF. hahaha

• Dawgs1333Dawgs1333 Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

@BiggerBadDawg said:
    I would love for them to be on that high horse when they come to town next year. On another though if Bama was to win, would Lil St. Nicky be ready to ride out into the sunset at that time if he has beaten the Bears record for most NC’s?

Satan better not leave from coaching the elephants until we beat him 50-0.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 284 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Alabama

Alabama, they beat us, it shows how close we were.

Clemson

I can't believe so many of you feel like Bama's beeches now.
    I want the whole stinking Gump **** lot of them to rot with anal warts in a Dickensian debtors' prison.

• YK_DAWG24YK_DAWG24 Posts: 96 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Alabama

I hate Bama, but I want them to blow EVERY body out and win it all this year. I want them to sit nice and fat next year when we carve them up next year I the sec championship. I hope that we give them they're only loss and that there's 3 other undefeated power 5 teams that makes the playoffs. So Bama misses the playoffs for the first time thanks to Kirby and our football team. I want Saban to watch at home as we win the natty next year. Go DAWGS!!!!

edited December 4
    Clemson

@YK_DAWG24 said:
    I hate Bama, but I want them to blow EVERY body out and win it all this year. I want them to sit nice and fat next year when we carve them up next year I the sec championship. I hope that we give them they're only loss and that there's 3 other undefeated power 5 teams that makes the playoffs. So Bama misses the playoffs for the first time thanks to Kirby and our football team. I want Saban to watch at home as we win the natty next year. Go DAWGS!!!!

A stronger Bama is in no way beneficial to our cause.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Alabama

I don't consider Alabama our enemy. They have a great program. Our failure to win last year and this year was because we didn't do what was required of a winning team. We made mistakes; in my view, our mistakes were mostly coaching mistakes, particularly mistakes in fundamental coaching decisions.

There is nothing less helpful to our ability to win than playing to not lose, but we've done it twice against Alabama. Squandering opportunities is never a good plan, but we did it at the end of the first half as if that was garbage time. Let's not even talk about 4th and Terrible.

I'm pulling for the Dawgs to win the championship, but they weren't a choice.

I'll get over it someday. Maybe.

Go, Dawgs!

• YK_DAWG24YK_DAWG24 Posts: 96 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Alabama

@WCDawg said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

I respect your point of view. As fans we all have different pulls and triggers. I want Georgia respected as a national power. Because we're in the sec, we're seen as Bamas little brother. I want everybody to know that we're the only one that can beat and unseat them. Plus I don't want Clemson winning ANOTHER championship before we do. Nor do I want Oklahoma who we beat last year beat Bama when we didn't. And I really don't want notre Dame coming to Stanford Stadium as defending champions. No Bama is the lesser evil in those scenarios. Plus, those other squads are not beating Bama so why waste my energy cheering them.

Clemson

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@WCDawg said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

I respect your point of view. As fans we all have different pulls and triggers. I want Georgia respected as a national power. Because we're in the sec, we're seen as Bamas little brother. I want everybody to know that we're the only one that can beat and unseat them. Plus I don't want Clemson winning ANOTHER championship before we do. Nor do I want Oklahoma who we beat last year beat Bama when we didn't. And I really don't want notre Dame coming to Stanford Stadium as defending champions. No Bama is the lesser evil in those scenarios. Plus, those other squads are not beating Bama so why waste my energy cheering them.

I don't see any of that as much of a consideration.
    This is the beauty of sports, do it on the field and nothing anybody says matters, as long as you're not caught cheating that is.
    Bama winning will give them an advantage in recruiting, especially when we're going toe to toe with them for some very important players like Dean, Webb and Smith.

• TxDawg412TxDawg412 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman
    Alabama

SEC

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 700 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Alabama

I want Bama to win so that our returning players will feel like Bama stole (or we gave away) the last 2 National Championships so they'll b seeing Crimson all thru the offseason. But if u gave me some truth serum I'd also have to admit to being a SEC homer.