Jadon Haselwood's latest....

Herschel_TalkerHerschel_Talker Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

“Do you see who is at this game tonight?” Haselwood said. “Do you see? Look around. That should tell it all.”

Yep, tells me that Miami and FSU coaches have a little bit of free time on Championship weekend.

«134

Comments

  • TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Herschel_Talker said:
    “Do you see who is at this game tonight?” Haselwood said. “Do you see? Look around. That should tell it all.”

    Yep, tells me that Miami and FSU coaches have a little bit of free time on Championship weekend.

    exactly what I was thinking. Surely Jadon realizes that our coaches had something else going on this weekend..?

  • imagadawg62imagadawg62 Posts: 32 ✭✭ Sophomore

    Ditto. Come on Jaden, think before ya yap.

  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    And didn't UGA do an in-home visit earlier this week?

    Certainly he can't feel slighted because no one came Friday night considering what UGA had going on Saturday

  • 12ed12ed Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I'm clutching my pearls

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I don't know to what he was referring. Was he talking about the game in which he was playing?
    If so, I too am wondering what his point was in fact.

  • Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    He hasn't been one to just blatantly praise any one school...might I smell smokescreen?

  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JeffSentell is going to report what’s being said. Is it possible that Miami staff is going at Haselwood harder? Sure.

    I doubt Haselwood isn’t feeling the love from staff. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see flicks of a home visit that includes the entire Dawg staff (similiar to Sandidge last year). Before the glass half empty guys @ me with how that turned out for us, remember the “early bird gets the worm.” That was an interesting ending... Haselwood knows he’s wanted, period. He needs to better understand his fit and I’m sure staff will paint a picture for him.

  • SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

    There's one thing I simply don't get about Jadon's reasoning for decommiting. He has consistently said, "ball in the air" or he wants to "see how they use the WRs" or something along those lines. Well, who do we have that warrants throwing the ball to at the expense of running it? We don't have a receiver of his caliber on the roster, so why is he looking for a comparison?

    It's reasonable to think that Chaney will gear the gameplan to his best players. It's the one thing he's proven over the years. When running the ball gave us the best chance to win, we ran it. When Fromm was our best chance to win (like Saturday), we threw it 39 times.

    Come to UGA and be a part of passing game that gives us the best chance to win and that's what we'll do. You have your proof that the ball will be in the air.

  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Bankwalker said:
    I dont care where he signs. Why even continue to interview someone when the reporter already knows he will get a bunch of nonsense mystery answers? If he commits to UGA then great. I will welcome his prima donna athleticism to the Dawgnation. If he goes elsewhere then I will hope to see him matchup against the Dawgs in the CFP.

    I think you’re misguided here bro.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 3

    Jadon wants an NFL career. If he is as good in college as he seems to be right now--I don't doubt he will make it no matter where he signs. I believe UGA will prepare his as well as any team could yet better than most. If he can come and not worry about touches--trusting in the process--then I want him here. Ultimately, I want what's best for Jadon and UGA. If he has the wrong attitude--maybe Jadon would be a poor fit. I don't know him so I can't draw any conclusions here.

  • BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @SoFL_Dawg said:

    @Bankwalker said:
    I dont care where he signs. Why even continue to interview someone when the reporter already knows he will get a bunch of nonsense mystery answers? If he commits to UGA then great. I will welcome his prima donna athleticism to the Dawgnation. If he goes elsewhere then I will hope to see him matchup against the Dawgs in the CFP.

    I think you’re misguided here bro.

    Perhaps. He's not a bit Dez Bryant to you? Talent is always welcomed. Its the other stuff I dont value. By now the coaches have gotten to know him pretty well. Since they continue to pursue him I can only assume that means they also like him as a person amd think he will make a great teammate.

  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Jadon had just finished a playoff game, according to Jeff’s article. I’m going to assume his comments are fueled in part by post game emotions and adrenaline. I very seriously doubt he takes the absence of UGA staff members at his playoff game on the eve of the SEC title game as a serious slight. Maybe he does. I somehow doubt it.

    Here’s a question for @JeffSentell on Jadon. Seems like we focus on how MUCH the ball is in the air with him. That’s fair, but does he consider the overall stability of the passing game? What I mean is, say UGA puts it in the air less than FSU and Miami (I don’t know if they do or not). UGA undeniably has a better line to protect the QB (see Saturday) and better talent at the QB position. Seems like he has a better chance to actually get the ball at Georgia because the QB actually has the time and talent to deliver it.

  • orlandoorlando Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    UGA can put receivers in the NFL. If he wants to be Dawg, then c’mon and do it
    If not good luck young man.

  • BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 3

    @Herschel_Talker said:
    “Do you see who is at this game tonight?” Haselwood said. “Do you see? Look around. That should tell it all.”

    Yep, tells me that Miami and FSU coaches have a little bit of free time on Championship weekend.

    Soon, if not at Georgia or some other school, he will realize that he is not special , he’s talented but not special. Receivers have come before him and many will come after. The game is bigger than this kid. He has a lot of maturing to do.

  • Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Jadon doesn’t seem to want to be a team player. “Blocking? I want to catch TD passes” type.

  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Raiderbeater1 said:
    Jadon doesn’t seem to want to be a team player. “Blocking? I want to catch TD passes” type.

    I won’t turn into you know who, parading around barking my position at others, but the games I watched, I saw a physical kid who was more than a willing blocker.

    The distinction here is that he doesn’t want to be an exclusive blocker, and not get opportunities down field. And those “shots”...we’re talking 2-3 a game. That’s not difficult to manage at all imo.

  • dawgs43dawgs43 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

    To be honest it’s getting a little old . If he doesn’t want the spot there is others that do . A drama queen can disrupt what we have cooking . Let’s go Dawgs . Let him do him !

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    If he puts pen to paper for the dawgs it’ll all be worth it (this is what I tell myself). If not I’ll wish him the best and hope Dom and Makiya are the next wave

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @SoFL_Dawg said:

    @Raiderbeater1 said:
    Jadon doesn’t seem to want to be a team player. “Blocking? I want to catch TD passes” type.

    I won’t turn into you know who, parading around barking my position at others, but the games I watched, I saw a physical kid who was more than a willing blocker.

    The distinction here is that he doesn’t want to be an exclusive blocker, and not get opportunities down field. And those “shots”...we’re talking 2-3 a game. That’s not difficult to manage at all imo.

    I want the kid to be happy wherever he chooses. Hopefully that is Georgia.

  • dawgs43dawgs43 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

    No 1 recruit that has never played a snap in the SEC should dictate our offense . He knew we ran the ball when he committed! I think he got embarrassed when told to pipe down bashing our defense on the sideline . (The take the ball and go home syndrome )

  • GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Jadon is all Dawg. @JeffSentell is an accomplice in the fake narrative Jadon wants everyone to see. It's why the kids talk to Sentell. He's not going to leak anything and will go along with the narrative the kids want to portray. Sentell will probably have a hand in his reveal in some way, too. Let Jadon have his fun. He only gets to pick his school once and he wants it to be a surprise. Ultimately, we'll just be glad he ended up in Athens.

    (This post is 100% my speculation)

  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @GrayDawg said:
    Jadon is all Dawg. @JeffSentell is an accomplice in the fake narrative Jadon wants everyone to see. It's why the kids talk to Sentell. He's not going to leak anything and will go along with the narrative the kids want to portray. Sentell will probably have a hand in his reveal in some way, too. Let Jadon have his fun. He only gets to pick his school once and he wants it to be a surprise. Ultimately, we'll just be glad he ended up in Athens.

    (This post is 100% my speculation)

  • texdawgtexdawg Posts: 270 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Also keep in mind, there is a reason most college coaches don't let their freshman and sometimes other underclassman speak to the media - they aren't mature enough.

    So there is no way a 17-18 year old high school player - who has heard nothing but how great he is - is going to react to media questions. As @JeffSentel can tell you, some of these young men are better at answering questions or controlling their filter than other players. Doesn't make one a better kid, or less a prima donna, than another. Kids are exposed to different things and handle things differently.

    In my experience, kids do handle questions much differently shortly after a game than they do at other times. Takes time to come down from so much Testosterone and emotions .

«134
Sign In or Register to comment.