Luke Ford

dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Im interested in seeing him get on the field next year, is he as good as nauta in pass catching and running routes? @JeffSentell

Comments

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 4

3:39PM edited 10:20PM IPv6

Sophomore year goals:: Master his assignments in the playbook.

Really loves Georgia. There will be a pretty good story to share about Mr. Ford one day. I will save it for his first big game.

Thanx @JeffSentell
    I guess my next question is who is our next isaac nauta?

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 440 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@dawgy10 said:

@JeffSentell said:
    Strengths right now:: Physicality and blocking. Might be the short-yardage H-Back or fullback type in the years ahead.

Really loves Georgia. There will be a pretty good story to share about Mr. Ford one day. I will save it for his first big game.

Thanx @JeffSentell

Ford has great hands and get his feet moving in open space. He's going to be really, really good for Georgia. The kid is a stud and IMO was the best TE coming out of HS in his class.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:

@JeffSentell said:
    Strengths right now:: Physicality and blocking. Might be the short-yardage H-Back or fullback type in the years ahead.

Thanx @JeffSentell

Probably Ryland Goede. They're both similarly built, except Goede is listed as 2 inches taller than Nauta. I've seen his highlights and if you put him and Nauta in the same screen, you couldn't even tell who is who (except Nauta has that tattoo on his right arm haha).

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@dawgy10 said:

@JeffSentell said:

Thanx @JeffSentell

It’s eric nauta🧐

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Dawg1419 said:

@dawgy10 said:

@JeffSentell said:

Thanx @JeffSentell

It’s eric nauta🧐

I always pronounce it Nowta since Verne did it like 2 years ago in the WLOCP

@DawgsofWar said:

@dawgy10 said:

@JeffSentell said:

Thanx @JeffSentell

Probably Ryland Goede. They're both similarly built, except Goede is listed as 2 inches taller than Nauta. I've seen his highlights and if you put him and Nauta in the same screen, you couldn't even tell who is who (except Nauta has that tattoo on his right arm haha).

Is goede thick enough to take a beating right away or he need time?

Makiya tongue could take up nauta role i believe

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Charlie Woerner.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:
    Makiya tongue could take up nauta role i believe

Very interesting thought.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 180 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JeffSentell said:

@dawgy10 said:

@JeffSentell said:
    JeffSentellJeffSentell

3:39PM edited 10:20PM IPv6
    Strengths right now: Physicality and blocking. Might be a short-yardage H-Back or fullback type in the years ahead as well as a go-to TE. Practiced with great effort and intensity. That’s why he played in nine games this year.

Thanx @JeffSentell

Think the better player parallel to make is he is on his way to being the first Luke Ford.

Absolutely 0 respect to one of the greats https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Ford_(blogger)

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,493 admin

For the Luke Ford fans out there .....

Ford is also 6 feet, 7 inches tall. Right around 255. And he's shorter than his roommate John FitzPatrick by about a half-inch.

All that said, I still have to give a lot of respect to Nauta, though.

He was the rare 5-star tight end for a reason. Hard to find a better all-around TE in college football. Was a reason why Harbaugh said he'd be picked from No. 7 to No. 15 or so in the first round when he's ready for the NFL Draft.

Still remember him shaking the 4 and 5-star safeties in coverage at the Nike Opening.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:

@DawgsofWar said:

@dawgy10 said:

@JeffSentell said:

Thanx @JeffSentell

Is goede thick enough to take a beating right away or he need time?

He'll need time for sure. If Nauta leaves, Woerner and Ford/Fitzpatrick might be in a time share.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 700 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah Im a huge fan of Nautas. Would love to c him stay another year but its probably not likely. But if he does go Georgias TE Room led by Charlie Woerner will b exceptional still.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:
    Good grief.... looking at those young men makes me feel like I need to replace this frozen sloppy joe and side of onion rings with a protein shake

Nah....

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:
    Good grief.... looking at those young men makes me feel like I need to replace this frozen sloppy joe and side of onion rings with a protein shake

Nah....

I was reading your response and noticed frozen happened somehow showed up before sloppy joe. For the record, it was cooked and not sure how it showed up haha

@JRT812 said:

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

Nah....

I was reading your response and noticed frozen happened somehow showed up before sloppy joe. For the record, it was cooked and not sure how it showed up haha

My "nah" was encouraging to go against the grain and eat/drink what is enjoyable.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Big_Prune said:

@JeffSentell said:
    Ford is also 6 feet, 7 inches tall. Right around 255. And he's shorter than his roommate John FitzPatrick by about a half-inch.

That pic reminds me of A Night at the Roxbury lol.

What is love? Lady don't hurt me...

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Big_Prune said:

@JeffSentell said:

That pic reminds me of A Night at the Roxbury lol.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 8,835 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think he has more NFL upside than Nauta because he has prototype size for a modern TE. He should be really easy to get the ball to with his length and frame.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

Nah....

My "nah" was encouraging to go against the grain and eat/drink what is enjoyable.

I hear ya, I was just stating I saw that in my post and it made me laugh because I wasn’t sure why I didn’t notice it yesterday.

Yeah, I think Ford and Fitzpatrick r gonna b a K. A. Duo in Chaneys 2 TE Packages.

@MeR3htid said:
    Yeah, I think Ford and Fitzpatrick r gonna b a K. A. Duo in Chaneys 2 TE Packages.

Glad JC dusted them off this year a little bit.

And they're fortunate to have big brothers Woerner and Nauta to show them the ropes.