UGA Getting Webb

ClemTownClemTown Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heard today from Clemson insiders that Dabo cancelled his in-home with Clay Webb scheduled for today. All signs point to UGA. Sam Pittman is a monster on the trail, and Clemson’s O-Line recruiting continues to worry me

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ClemTown said:
    Heard today from Clemson insiders that Dabo cancelled his in-home with Clay Webb scheduled for today. All signs point to UGA. Sam Pittman is a monster on the trail, and Clemson’s O-Line recruiting continues to worry me

Thanks for the 411. Hope you guys can get someone you like soon

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ClemTown said:

Why would Dabo cancel an in-home with someone like Webb? If so it's because something came up and not because he's throwing in the towel. That's not how he rolls.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 201 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Bankwalker said:

@ClemTown said:

Why would Dabo cancel an in-home with someone like Webb? If so it's because something came up and not because he's throwing in the towel. That's not how he rolls.

Only thing I can guess at is Clay said he’s going to UGA and that the visit would be a waste of time and they should use that time to pursue other recruits. Probably said it in a much nicer way if that’s what happened though.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 5

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@ClemTown said:

Or Webb told him he’s no longer in it...2 horse race, maybe?

That was my thought. You aren't holding out on us, are you?

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 8,839 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@ClemTown said:

On rare occasions recruits decline to accept visitors, it's their right to do so. I'm amazed how tolerant most of these kids are to intrusions, of course in social media driven period in history many people will post pictures of their a-holes with running commentary to complete strangers.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't jinx us. FINGERS CROSSED!

• ClemTownClemTown Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@ClemTown said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Hey man, kudos to you. You called it over a week ago. I have some inside knowledge here and there, but I wish I had the inside sources you do. You’re all over it

Brother...I didn’t call anything. I shared what I heard but to be matter of fact, I shared this right after the reveal which took place this summer. Been 90% wrapped up since then. I’m sure there’s a buried thread on reveal somewhere here...

The Clemson side kept trying to get everyone to hold out false hope all the way up until now

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 5

"Oh what a dangled Webb we leave when first we practice to Recieve"

(apologies to Sir Walter)

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@ClemTown said:

I would never! Been saying this for 5 months. Ask @dawgOf2002. I’m sure he’s all over this.

Yeah where’s @dawgOf2002 and wasn’t it @Shula?

I remember asking who we made headway with after Gday and reclusive insider @HunkerDown10 said Clay Webb. I knew we had a shot then. Do you guys think our resident Bama insiders will show up on dec 10?

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@ClemTown said:

I would never! Been saying this for 5 months. Ask @dawgOf2002. I’m sure he’s all over this.

Pretty sure they’re one in the same. He knows where to find me on the 19th though.

Didn’t he offer to delete his account?

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@judasdurant said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@ClemTown said:

Pretty sure they’re one in the same. He knows where to find me on the 19th though.

Nah he bet me but I didn’t accept. I’m too cowardly and like you guys too much. Besides I get my info third person, can’t take a bet off hearsay.

• dawgOf2002dawgOf2002 Posts: 473 ✭✭✭ Junior

@judasdurant said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@ClemTown said:

I offered to delete my account if I'm wrong on dean he declined tho.

@dawgOf2002 said:
    This is gonna haunt me forever lol.

It won’t just be you. Anyone seen @thebamaway2 recently?

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@ClemTown said:

@Bankwalker said:

@ClemTown said:

Same thing happened with Cade Mays last year. Right before the Early Signing Period, he cancelled a last minute in home. My guess was Mays, and Webb this year, just flat out told Dabo Clemson was basically out. If true, I admire the honesty of those guys by not dragging Clemson along, but it doesn’t make it any better that we keep missing on O-Lineman.

On one of the Clemson message boards they're accusing of Georgia of having a bagman. That seems to be the go to excuse when student athletes chose to go somewhere else. "Gee that other team must have paid him." In this case Clay Webb has publicly stated that he is close to Sam Pittman.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Casanova_Flatulence said:

@ClemTown said:

@Bankwalker said:

@ClemTown said:

Same thing happened with Cade Mays last year. Right before the Early Signing Period, he cancelled a last minute in home. My guess was Mays, and Webb this year, just flat out told Dabo Clemson was basically out. If true, I admire the honesty of those guys by not dragging Clemson along, but it doesn’t make it any better that we keep missing on O-Lineman.

On one of the Clemson message boards they're accusing of Georgia of having a bagman. That seems to be the go to excuse when student athletes chose to go somewhere else. "Gee that other team must have paid him." In this case Clay Webb has publicly stated that he is close to Sam Pittman.

Remember how we paid Emory, too? I didn't see anyone on the forum accuse lsu of paying players when he left us for them

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 98 ✭✭✭ Junior

@ClemTown said:

@Bankwalker said:

@ClemTown said:

"accusing" lets not act like both programs do some under the table dealing, but the real immorality comes from the NCAA and the players deserve comp so who cares

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YaleDawg said:

@ClemTown said:

@Bankwalker said:

@ClemTown said:

Remember how we paid Emory, too? I didn't see anyone on the forum accuse lsu of paying players when he left us for them

This really makes sense too. I can only think of three really miserable places in the SEC to attend college (the towns) in no particular order:

1. Starkville, MS
    2. Auburn, AL
    3. Fayetteville, AR

Why wouldn't any kid just be thrilled at simply just being in the town of Athens? A "bagman"? That isn't needed in anyway at all, when CKS has the red and black train rolling better than it ever has, like as in, ever!!!!