Alabama Juniors leaving early to NFL

Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

After looking at the post earlier about our juniors that could be headed out I’m curious to know what our competition next year (Bama) is going to look like? I know that they always have a good bit of underclassmen leave and I wanted to see what the draft guys are sayin. I couldn’t find much recent info online and looked at their roster. Another question I had was whether a RS Soph is eligible for the draft? Such as Q. Williams.
Bama is losing Jalen and could lose a good bit of Juniors as well. Who do you guys see as leaving early for them?

Comments

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 5

Mack Wilson tweeted about coming back for a Butkus Award... I wouldnt mind if that helps us with Dean

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Midnite_Train said:

Mack Wilson tweeted about coming back for a Butkus Award... I would mind if that helps us with Dean

I also wouldn’t mind it if Zeus had a little something for him next year too

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes, RS Sophomores are eligible for the draft. Rule is 3 yrs removed from high school.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PTDawg said:
    Yes, RS Sophomores are eligible for the draft. Rule is 3 yrs removed from high school.

Knowson Moreno left after his RS Sophomore year. Richt stated later that RS 'ing Moreno his freshman year was a mistake.....

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Quinnen Williams is gone even though he's a RS Sophomore

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@ghostofuga1 said:

@PTDawg said:

Knowson Moreno left after his RS Sophomore year. Richt stated later that RS 'ing Moreno his freshman year was a mistake.....

Yessir. He was the first example of a RS Soph going pro that popped into mind. Going a little further back, Michael Vick would be another.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

From what I can tell Jacobs is getting a lot of praise as well as Dionte Thompson, Irv Smith, Anfernee Jennings, and Raekwon Davis. I assume Jonah Williams as well as Quinnen Williams are also gone. I think Buggs stays.

• Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 25 ✭ Freshman
    edited December 6

@Raiderbeater1 said:
    From what I can tell Jacobs is getting a lot of praise as well as Dionte Thompson, Irv Smith, Anfernee Jennings, and Raekwon Davis. I assume Jonah Williams as well as Quinnen Williams are also gone. I think Buggs stays.

Buggs is a senior . Him, Q Williams and R Davis are all gone early in the draft

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Mia_Dade06 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

Those 3 being gone is imo why we have our way with Bama next year.

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ Junior

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Mia_Dade06 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

I agree but Labryan Ray and Phildarin Mathis are no cakewalk..

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Jonah is projected as a 1st rounder.

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 6

@EastAtlDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Mia_Dade06 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

Dammit, these dudes just spit out 6'4" 300lbs linemen like its nothing. I thought we would never see another Daron Payne or Jonathan Allen again

• donmdonm Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Midnite_Train said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Mia_Dade06 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

Dammit, these dudes just spit out 6'4" 300lbs linemen like its nothing. I thought we would never see another Daron Payne or Jonathan Allen again

nyc's idea of heaven.

@Midnite_Train said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Mia_Dade06 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

I know man I know the only thing we can hope is Saban to retire..We can beat them with Saban but it’s really hard...

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Midnite_Train said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Mia_Dade06 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

They always have TALENT waiting to step in to a guys spot that’s leaving. I’d much rather have that talented (yet unproven) player stepping in then a top 10 NFL puck coming back.

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

I don't want Saban to retire until we beat them at least twice and regular season doesn't count.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only one who knows when Saban will retire is Saban. I’m not going too far out on a limb when I say he wants to beat Bear’s record at Bama for NCs. He still dominates. I don’t know Bama we’ll enough to know if it is the school’s money, if they protect their players (grades, pay them, or from arrests). Who knows how they got so much better. However, we are about to overtake them, and they know it. So close...

• BarkingDawg1987BarkingDawg1987 Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Leaving early for the NFL Draft (Bama)
    Josh Jacobs
    Q Williams
    Deonte Thompson
    Raekwon Davis
    Jonah Williams

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have more seniors starting than Bama does, so I hope they have a mass exodus of jrs and rs sophomores. If Satan convinces some of those guys to come back we might have to wait till 2020 to have a superior roster.

• SECFan13SECFan13 Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

It does not matter how many leave, they are more loaded that a VOL fan on pay day!

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SECFan13 said:
    It does not matter how many leave, they are more loaded that a VOL fan on pay day!

they are loaded with talent. however, the question will be do they have experienced depth. Georgia has to deal with this problem this year by giving more freshmen more playing time than normal.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 700 ✭✭✭ Junior

This narrative about Bama having to slip for Georgia to ascend to their rightful place atop the SEC and College Football world is amusing to me. Georgia has absolutely handled Bama in an 8+ qtr sample size in the last calander year but evidently that is not enough to convince DAWG fans that we r now NOSE to NOSE, CHEST to CHEST with these guys. In fact I'll even go so far as to say that if we're even we're leavin. Bye Felicia.

• poohbearpoohbear Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

@EastAtlDawg said:

@Midnite_Train said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Mia_Dade06 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

I know man I know the only thing we can hope is Saban to retire..We can beat them with Saban but it’s really hard...

@EastAtlDawg said:

@Midnite_Train said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Mia_Dade06 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

We need to beat Saban or they will say we were never good enough to beat a Saban team

• donmdonm Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@Midnite_Train said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Mia_Dade06 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

They always have TALENT waiting to step in to a guys spot that’s leaving. I’d much rather have that talented (yet unproven) player stepping in then a top 10 NFL puck coming back.

You'd rather Nick and Sony bypassed their senior years for the NFL instead of coming back?

@poohbear said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

@Midnite_Train said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Mia_Dade06 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

@Midnite_Train said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Mia_Dade06 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

We need to beat Saban or they will say we were never good enough to beat a Saban team

We will I don’t know when but the talent we are bringing in crazy talent and on campus we will.

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior

@deutcshland_dawg said:
    If Bama has proven anything over the years its that it doesn't matter who leaves they've always got good talent behind them. We are just beginning this ourselves

Agreed, and our offensive line handled their guys with the exception of a few plays, Alabama should be more worried about our young oline more than we're worried about their d line. We are going to mow people over next year.

• a_rattlera_rattler Posts: 149 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agreed, and our offensive line handled their guys with the exception of a few plays, Alabama should be more worried about our young oline more than we're worried about their d line. We are going to mow people over next year.

Namely ... all the ones that decided the game. Seriously, UGA's OL will be much better next year. They will have Cleveland and Mays back and most of them will be at least 3rd year players, plus there will be good depth.

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That’s what all I can get excited about next year for. We played musical chairs with our Oline most the year . Swift injury hampered him and we lost Zeus before he could get started. We are loaded at TE, WR room is going to be the best eve and then that defense with all the freshman playing this year. All those reps this year is going to pay off huge next year. We are going to route a lot of folks and let it be known that
    “We aren’t going anywhere”