Odds we finish #1 in recruiting, again.

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited December 6 in Football

I know this has been talked about before but it has been a while. With ESD approaching I was just curious how much has changed and if we have a legit shot at finishing #1 expecially with Tucker gone? What would need to happen for that to occur?

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haselwood, Webb, Stevenson, Elam, Neal or Wright, Cain and player X should do it

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We finish 1st or 2nd, I am feeling more confident about 1st now

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 339 ✭✭✭ Junior

May be tough this go round if the reports on Bama's class size of 28-29 are accurate. They could potentially sign 6-7 more and those will all likely be blue chippers. If they were only signing 25 I would give us a great chance at finishing#1.

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 6

Nakobe Dean too would help a lot especially since it between uga and bama

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 8,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

20%
    If we land Webb this coming Monday our odds will improve.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m 99% we will have the #1 class by player average rating. Which is how it should be done.

It keeps teams that sign 30 players and teams that sign 19 on an even field and shows what actually matters. I’d rather have 1- 5 star than 3- 3 stars.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 8,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RobbieRob14 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    We will have the higher player avg. I’m certain. Webb and Dean likely secure #1 as they’re head to head with Bama. 319 projected class.

If we lose those guys, Bama has Alfano, Dean, Webb, Sanders, and Neal. They’re still in it for Dent and Thibs too. Obviously this wouldn’t be good. I think they get 3 additional in Dent, Sanders, and Neal and finish with 4 five stars unless Quick gets bumped up to a 5 star, for 5 total.

I believe we finish with Smith, Haselwood, Walker, Dean, Webb, Wright, and Blaylock. Stevenson is our boarderline 5 star, and there’s been chatter that the industry believes Blaylock will lose his fifth. It’ll be fun to see how it all plays out.

It’s a shame that the industry sometimes punishes guys who have a “boring” recruitment.

If we land Smith, Haselwood, Walker, Dean, Webb, Wright and Blaylock I won't care if it's deemed the #1 class or the #3 class. I think it's highly unlikely we land them all though.

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’d like to see what our coaches rate each player based on their own evaluations.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Raiderbeater1 said:
    I’m 99% we will have the #1 class by player average rating. Which is how it should be done.

It keeps teams that sign 30 players and teams that sign 19 on an even field and shows what actually matters. I’d rather have 1- 5 star than 3- 3 stars.

what if you need 3 players ?

• dawgOf2002dawgOf2002 Posts: 473 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kasey said:
    Haselwood, Webb, Stevenson, Elam, Neal or Wright, Cain and player X should do it

Neal 😂😂

@Kasey said:

That one has been over.

• dawgs18dawgs18 Posts: 51 ✭✭ Sophomore

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

That one has been over.

Then tell that to miami who just offered his brother who hasnt played football since 2016 if its OVER lol (not saying bama wont end up getting him but it isnt completely over) - so why did you pick 2002 for your generic dawgs username? just wondering how a bama troll thinks??

@dawgs18 said:

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

That one has been over.

Then tell that to miami who just offered his brother who hasnt played football since 2016 if its OVER lol (not saying bama wont end up getting him but it isnt completely over) - so why did you pick 2002 for your generic dawgs username? just wondering how a bama troll thinks??

Not the 1st or last person that will call me a bama troll I'm sorry I don't sunshine pump for you b*tch. Idgaf who miami offered that one is over.

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

Neal 😂😂

Remember in July when you would’ve said that about Clay Webb? And how he was visiting us to recruit for Bama?

Now we may not get him, but we aren’t out of anything until they put pen to paper

@Kasey said:

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

Neal 😂😂

Remember in July when you would’ve said that about Clay Webb? And how he was visiting us to recruit for Bama?

Now we may not get him, but we aren’t out of anything until they put pen to paper

Bc I was wrong on one guy that makes me incorrect on everyone else?
    Ask any one close to the IMG kids or with knowledge of there recruitments that one is over.

@dawgs18 said:

@dawgOf2002 said:

@dawgs18 said:

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

That one has been over.

Not the 1st or last person that will call me a bama troll I'm sorry I don't sunshine pump for you b*tch. Idgaf who miami offered that one is over.

its not about sunshine pumping you lil b**** its the totality of your posts - no true fan would revel in negativity as much as you do it defies fandom - its the way your word things its the way it all comes across that is different than any other obvious fan on here but eerily similar to obvious trolls

I've explained why I'm so negative and yes I totally admit I am so Carry on. Idgaf if you think I'm a troll or not.

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

Neal 😂😂

Ask any one close to the IMG kids or with knowledge of there recruitments that one is over.

I’m just saying it’s within the realm of possibility for you to be wrong

@Kasey said:

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

Neal 😂😂

I’m just saying it’s within the realm of possibility for you to be wrong

Fair Enough.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 6

I have 23 recruits with a composite score of 311 which will be #1 or 2 at the end of the day. I would say 50/50 at this point. Clay Webb commitment is not included. If he picks UGA my projected score would be 316.15 which I think is good for #1.
    Overall chances of #1 is around 85% if that happens.

FYI the "adds" included are Jadon, Stevenson, Elam, Dean and Cain in the 23.

• dawgs18dawgs18 Posts: 51 ✭✭ Sophomore

its not about sunshine pumping you lil b**** its the totality of your posts - no true fan would revel in negativity as much as you do it defies fandom - its the way your word things its the way it all comes across that is different than any other obvious fan on here but eerily similar to obvious trolls

I've explained why I'm so negative and yes I totally admit I am so Carry on. Idgaf if you think I'm a troll or not.

And no one here gaf if you gaf that we KNOW your a troll!! BTW you haven't nailed a lot of predictions to date (since you have only been around since May 1) so if the Webb one turns out to be wrong your average is going to take a dive!! Its tough when one of the first few stone cold lock predictions which happened to favor bama (like most do from you) ends up being wrong its going to take quite a few right ones to gain anyone's trust

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    We will have the higher player avg. I’m certain. Webb and Dean likely secure #1 as they’re head to head with Bama. 319 projected class.

If we lose those guys, Bama has Alfano, Dean, Webb, Sanders, and Neal. They’re still in it for Dent and Thibs too. Obviously this wouldn’t be good. I think they get 3 additional in Dent, Sanders, and Neal and finish with 4 five stars unless Quick gets bumped up to a 5 star, for 5 total.

I believe we finish with Smith, Haselwood, Walker, Dean, Webb, Wright, and Blaylock. Stevenson is our boarderline 5 star, and there’s been chatter that the industry believes Blaylock will lose his fifth. It’ll be fun to see how it all plays out.

"We will have the higher player avg"

really, the only ranking that matters to me

quality over quantity

a quantity of quality is preferred, of course but having the highest average rating will do

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 180 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BarkingDawg1987 said:
    I am an Alabama alumnus and have some connection inside the program. I have a passion for recruiting and have a very good friend that is a big UGA booster. He asked me to come on the board to provide some clarity on different recruiting topics. If you would like me to leave I can. If you would like updated information on targets like Nakone Dean and Clay Webb I can provide those.

Would love to hear what you have to say. In general I don’t think you’ll find much animosity on this site.

From what I’ve heard ppl on this site say we think dean is 50/50 ish with us and y’all and Webb may be leaning our way, for what it’s worth.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BarkingDawg1987 said:
    I am an Alabama alumnus and have some connection inside the program. I have a passion for recruiting and have a very good friend that is a big UGA booster. He asked me to come on the board to provide some clarity on different recruiting topics. If you would like me to leave I can. If you would like updated information on targets like Nakone Dean and Clay Webb I can provide those.

Your user name is a bad start there, one poster. Looks deceptive/is deceptive.

• BarkingDawg1987BarkingDawg1987 Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

I was going to pretend to be a Dawg, and felt it would be better to just identify myself so everyone understands where the information is coming from and be able to use it as a data point.