2018 SEC All-Freshman Football Team

AirForceDawgAirForceDawg Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA led the conference in players selected: P Jake Camarda, DL Jordan Davis, QB Justin Fields, OL Cade Mays, and OL Isaiah Wilson

http://www.secsports.com/article/25469217/2018-sec-all-freshman-football-team-announced

The team was voted on by the SEC's head coaches, who were not permitted to vote for their own players.

Comments

  • benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Stokes got robbed but I understand that it was a small sample size

  • Herschel_TalkerHerschel_Talker Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited December 6

    Were we in it for Jaycee Horn? Curious if we took N. Joseph over him. Horn is going to be a star
    Also, we passed on Dean, was his inclusion on this list more of a quantity of PT? Or would we maybe take him with a do-over? I haven't really watched much of him.

  • texdawgtexdawg Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    It's a little telling what the other coaches thought of Canpbell

  • Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 204 ✭✭✭ Junior

    We had 5 selected and with just a little more playing time could have had 4 more who played outstanding - Stokes, Adam Anderson, Channing Tindall and Trey Hill.

  • BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 6

    Trey Hill saved our a$$e$ stepping in for Gailliard at center when needed. The headlines Fields is getting for being the pick at QB is ridiculous. Front of ajc dot com, too.(or was) Those other guys made much bigger contributions, but because of the so-called QB controversy (that never really existed) that was fueled by even our own dawgnation writers doing their best to keep the embers burning, he gets the big headline. No problem with the kid getting press, but it shouldn't be "Fields Among Five selected". There were only two freshmen QBs who threw more than 20 passes - Fields and Corral at Ole Miss. Big whoop!

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I find it interesting comparing who got on this list to who didn’t for all sec 1st and second team.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Bankwalker said:
    Trey Hill saved our a$$e$ stepping in for Gailliard at center when needed. The headlines Fields is getting for being the pick at QB is ridiculous. Front of ajc dot com, too.(or was) Those other guys made much bigger contributions, but because of the so-called QB controversy (that never really existed) that was fueled by even our own dawgnation writers doing their best to keep the embers burning, he gets the big headline. No problem with the kid getting press, but it shouldn't be "Fields Among Five selected". There were only two freshmen QBs who threw more than 20 passes - Fields and Corral at Ole Miss. Big whoop!

    QBs always get the headlines, I’m not saying it’s right. They play the most talked about position.These outlets are going for what the average viewer will click on (we on this forum are not the “average viewer”). I’m excited for all the freshmen, even the ones redshirting.

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Teddy said:

    @Bankwalker said:
    Trey Hill saved our a$$e$ stepping in for Gailliard at center when needed. The headlines Fields is getting for being the pick at QB is ridiculous. Front of ajc dot com, too.(or was) Those other guys made much bigger contributions, but because of the so-called QB controversy (that never really existed) that was fueled by even our own dawgnation writers doing their best to keep the embers burning, he gets the big headline. No problem with the kid getting press, but it shouldn't be "Fields Among Five selected". There were only two freshmen QBs who threw more than 20 passes - Fields and Corral at Ole Miss. Big whoop!

    QBs always get the headlines, I’m not saying it’s right. They play the most talked about position.These outlets are going for what the average viewer will click on (we on this forum are not the “average viewer”). I’m excited for all the freshmen, even the ones redshirting.

    I hear ya Teddy bro, but it is a little wierd. Even the freshman punter got recognized over some others

  • donmdonm Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JRT812 said:

    @Teddy said:

    @Bankwalker said:
    Trey Hill saved our a$$e$ stepping in for Gailliard at center when needed. The headlines Fields is getting for being the pick at QB is ridiculous. Front of ajc dot com, too.(or was) Those other guys made much bigger contributions, but because of the so-called QB controversy (that never really existed) that was fueled by even our own dawgnation writers doing their best to keep the embers burning, he gets the big headline. No problem with the kid getting press, but it shouldn't be "Fields Among Five selected". There were only two freshmen QBs who threw more than 20 passes - Fields and Corral at Ole Miss. Big whoop!

    QBs always get the headlines, I’m not saying it’s right. They play the most talked about position.These outlets are going for what the average viewer will click on (we on this forum are not the “average viewer”). I’m excited for all the freshmen, even the ones redshirting.

    I hear ya Teddy bro, but it is a little wierd. Even the freshman punter got recognized over some others

    Wonder how many freshmen punters there were.

  • DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 256 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @benjaminwgregg said:
    Stokes got robbed but I understand that it was a small sample size

    Good call. Hindsight and all, but I wish Stokes had started earlier.

Sign In or Register to comment.