Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Tourney hopes?

Dawg94Dawg94 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seeing as how I was born in North Carolina I am a heels fan when it comes to bball so I was just wondering how you guys felt on UGAs tournament chances this year? Seems to me they are a bubble team this year and might make it next year.

Comments

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i think this team has waken up since the Arizona State loss, however experts have us starting SEC play 0-10. i think our front court is good enough to make the tournament.

Next year does look good for the Dawgs, especially if Claxton comes back. Hopefully the Dawgs can pull Anthony Edwards from ATL.
    a line up of
    Crump
    Edwards
    Claxton
    Hammonds
    Ngumezi

... would be good enough to compete for an SEC Championship imo

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Need a couple of quality upset wins in conference play aka beating tennessee of auburn. Just to have the quality wins look better.

@dbrown7494 said:
    Need a couple of quality upset wins in conference play aka beating tennessee of auburn. Just to have the quality wins look better.

if we get 1-2 wins of
    Auburn (2x)
    Kentucky
    Miss St.
    Tennessee

beat florida at least once

and then win against the average teams in the SEC i think we're in.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think at best we're a bubble team. We simply have to land our share of the elite instate players to get where we want to be.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NIT, but things are looking up

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If that happened another school would pay Crean's buyout.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our offense doesn’t look robotic like it did under Fox.
    Ogbede (sp?) looks like he has some finesse around the goal.

@bmauldin said:
    Our offense doesn’t look robotic like it did under Fox.
    Ogbede (sp?) looks like he has some finesse around the goal.

the UGA basketball account on IG has posted the improvement (statistically) of Claxton and Crump. I also have noticed that Derek Ogbeide looks a lot better down low offensively. Crean is definitely doing his job of coaching these guys up. It will be very fun to watch a few years from now when the team turns into HIS recruits vs Fox's

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Team if definitely more exciting under Cream. Ogbeide has some skills and could help us a lot more if he could catch the ball better in traffic. I would also like to see him not handle the ball out on the perimeter as much. Frontcourt play has been solid but we need someone to step up and help Crump and Hightower in the backcourt, Turtle Jackson hasn’t been able to knock down many shots in the games I’ve seen. Overall it’s been a good start, and would look a lot better if we had held on against Arizona St.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg94 said:
    Seeing as how I was born in North Carolina I am a heels fan when it comes to bball so I was just wondering how you guys felt on UGAs tournament chances this year? Seems to me they are a bubble team this year and might make it next year.

FYI my son went to UNC (in state) and we went to the final 4 in 2016 and 2017. Great time both years but for obvious reasons 2017 was the better of the 2.

@coastaldawg said:
    Team if definitely more exciting under Cream. Ogbeide has some skills and could help us a lot more if he could catch the ball better in traffic. I would also like to see him not handle the ball out on the perimeter as much. Frontcourt play has been solid but we need someone to step up and help Crump and Hightower in the backcourt, Turtle Jackson hasn’t been able to knock down many shots in the games I’ve seen. Overall it’s been a good start, and would look a lot better if we had held on against Arizona St.

it would've but i think that loss woke them up a little bit. they've played a lot better since the loss