Draft Postion

Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 239 ✭✭✭ Junior

With the recent declarations by the Juniors, are any really projected to go in the first 3 round? Obviously the more guys drafted helps recruiting, but I don’t see any of these guys as a sure fire bet to be a high draft pick. Also, what about the seniors, any high drafts picks outside of Gaillard?

Comments

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

a draft position breakdown would be interesting, though it could change drastically after the combine

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My order would be
    Baker
    Nuata
    Ridley
    Mecole
    Holyfield

Baker is a sure thing and I think Nauta has shown enough to get in the first 3. I have no idea about the other guys.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tfk_fanboy said:
    a draft position breakdown would be interesting, though it could change drastically after the combine

None of these guys are getting drafted!!

None!!

Round 8!!!! UDFA!!!!

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm trying to look for the thread where we talked about this around the bye week but can't find it :|

• RDDawgRDDawg Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

I actually saw a mock draft that had RIDLEY as the 28th pick of the first round to Oakland. I was very surprised. I don’t claim to know everything about the draft but this is what I do know. The NFL is full of guys that can run but need work on their receiving skills (Mecole), as is there RB with average speed who can run hard( Holifield). The NFL TEs are moving more toward hybrid WR type TEs who can run and spread the field, not throw back types ( Nauta). Ridley is the only Jr who I think will translate to the NFL. Fellas, for most college players playing in a big time program those years are going to be the best time of your life and you should enjoy it before you move on to the BUSINESS of playing in the NFL.

• Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 239 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 10

Just read an article on UGA 24/7 and there was a handful of mock drafts that had Ridley going in the 1st round. If so, A) justifies him leaving early and B. gives us another position that we can recruit by saying “we produce 1st round talent”

I hope so but I’ll be shocked if Riley goes in the first round

@Kasey said:
    I hope so but I’ll be shocked if Riley goes in the first round

Agreed, but we’ve seen crazier things in the draft

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Article/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Georgia-Football-Deandre-Baker-Riley-Ridley-127661882/

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 10

I honestly don't think any of them go before the late second round, but we'll see. I mean...this is the league that took Russell as the overall first-round pick based on one pass in a bowl game, so I've seen crazier things happen.

Okay, okay, to be fair. that was the Raiders at the end of Al Davis' ownership, but geez.

• DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ridley will go top 3 for sure.

Holyfield and Hardman 4th or 5th.

I think Nauta is 5th or later. I think he's a lot closer to Trenton Thompson than folks want to admit. I know we love him because he is homegrown and a DGD but he feels like just a guy. I don't see an elite skill that separates him from the field.

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 11

I will take a shot....

Baker - 1st round

Ridley - more than likely 3rd...maybe late 2nd

Lamont - 3rd...may fall if he doesn't test well

Nauta - 4th...could fall to 5th if he doesn't test well.

Holyfield - 4th...can't see him falling further than early to mid 5th

Walker - 5th...should test well and someone may reach depending on needs

Ledbetter - mid to late 6th to early 7th range depending on testing...

Mecole - the head scratcher of the bunch....he could have made a lot of money by coming back. But as it sits....he will put up impressive 40 but his route tree is suspect. The fact he could be an elite returner helps his stock. Crazy raw in the nuances of playing WR. He will hang his hat on his athleticism....he better bring it at combine and pro day. Depending upon those results, he could rise
    Into the 5th....I will project it as 6th. But it would not be shocking if he falls in the 7th or even UDFA

Godwin - late 6th to 7th....if he can run in the 4.4s then it will help him tremendously as he has upside as a returner. I expect him to run 4.5s which puts him in the danger zone.

I'll try this too...

Baker...1st round
    Ridley, Lamont...3rd round
    Walker...4th round
    Nauta, Holyfield, Mecole...5th/6th round. Mecole could have a team with an extra pick take a flyer on him

Led, Godwin UDFA or 7th round
    Could see Kendall Baker get some love

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Baker - 1st round
    Ridley - late 2nd round
    Holyfield - 3rd round
    Nauta - 4th round
    Walker - late 4th round
    Mecole - 5th round
    Gaillard - 7th round (possibly UDFA)

Ledbetter, Godwin, Baker and Natrez UDFAs (not saying they'll stick on a roster)

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Baker 1st round
    Ridley 2nd round
    Nauta 4th round - he will look the part
    Lamont 5th round - Centers can be under valued on draft day
    Walker 5th round
    Holyfield - 5th round
    Hardman 7th
    Godwin - UFA

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 11

Baker - 1st
    Ridley - 2nd - 3rd
    Walker - 3rd
    Nauta - 4th
    Hardman - 4th - 5th
    Holyfield - 5th - 7th
    Godwin - 6th
    Ledbetter - 6th - 7th
    Gilliard - 6th - 7th

@TNDawg71 said:
    Baker 1st round
    Ridley 2nd round
    Walker 5th round
    Holyfield - 5th round
    Hardman 7th
    Godwin - UFA

That’s why I put Gaillard in the 7th round, possibly UDFA. About 6 centers/draft are taken. I’ve seen most lists have Gaillard outside their top 6. Also, a lot of guards will be seen as center prospects too, which devalues true centers as well.

@Teddy said:

@TNDawg71 said:
    Baker 1st round
    Ridley 2nd round
    Walker 5th round
    Holyfield - 5th round
    Hardman 7th
    Godwin - UFA

That’s why I put Gaillard in the 7th round, possibly UDFA. About 6 centers/draft are taken. I’ve seen most lists have Gaillard outside their top 6. Also, a lot of guards will be seen as center prospects too, which devalues true centers as well.

And yet UDFA center and guards do pretty well, David Andrews for sure.

@TNDawg71 said:

@Teddy said:

@TNDawg71 said:
    Baker 1st round
    Ridley 2nd round
    Walker 5th round
    Holyfield - 5th round
    Hardman 7th
    Godwin - UFA

They can at times. I said it before/maybe early in the season, that I see him going the Andrews route in the league.

I always figured Gaillard would be drafted because he's been a 3 year starter in the SEC. Not the most glamorous position, but solid.

@Teddy said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@Teddy said:

@TNDawg71 said:
    Baker 1st round
    Ridley 2nd round
    Walker 5th round
    Holyfield - 5th round
    Hardman 7th
    Godwin - UFA

They can at times. I said it before/maybe early in the season, that I see him going the Andrews route in the league.

Very possible, the general rule now is not to spend high dollar or draft picks on Guards or Centers.