Quinnen Willams says Georgia is the best offensive line they have face this year...

EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Comments

  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

  • Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

  • Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    Looked that way didn’t it?

  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @Raiderbeater1 said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    Looked that way didn’t it?

    No one wants to think we flopped and didn’t want to play. No one wants to use that excuse....but it’s a fact.

    I think that excuse has been used a ton. In fact, I think it has been the primary excuse used by fans and media alike

  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    @BrettGarr must be an Alabama fan

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Raiderbeater1 said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    Looked that way didn’t it?

    No one wants to think we flopped and didn’t want to play. No one wants to use that excuse....but it’s a fact.

    It's not an excuse, it's shameful.
    We didn't try is not something to take pride in. It's sort of like being a quitter.

  • judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @WCDawg said:

    @Raiderbeater1 said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    Looked that way didn’t it?

    No one wants to think we flopped and didn’t want to play. No one wants to use that excuse....but it’s a fact.

    It's not an excuse, it's shameful.
    We didn't try is not something to take pride in. It's sort of like being a quitter.

    It’ll be good for our players though. Make them realize nothing is guaranteed. Not even a rematch against Alabama unless we sweep the east and beat 1/2 of auburn and A&M.

  • levanderlevander Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Texas’s d-line was much smaller than our o-line. They used a bunch of stunts and shifts to confuse our d-line.

    Pittman needs to work with his guys on that this off season. Because now that Texas And LSU have shown everybody how to do it, everyone and their mother is going to be trying it on us.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @judasdurant said:

    @WCDawg said:

    @Raiderbeater1 said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    Looked that way didn’t it?

    No one wants to think we flopped and didn’t want to play. No one wants to use that excuse....but it’s a fact.

    It's not an excuse, it's shameful.
    We didn't try is not something to take pride in. It's sort of like being a quitter.

    It’ll be good for our players though. Make them realize nothing is guaranteed. Not even a rematch against Alabama unless we sweep the east and beat 1/2 of auburn and A&M.

    We said that just a few weeks ago after not showing up in Baton Rouge.
    I'm sorry but this shouldn't be something players need reminded of.
    To me it's now an open question whether we can sustain excellence till it's proven over time.

  • WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    I think the "we flopped" excuse has definitely been used a lot...and yes it may be a fact, but certainly not something to be proud of. Just like winning is a habit, laying an egg can be a habit too.

    I also think people forget how young our OL is...Texas (Orlando specifically) took full advantage of that with multiple looks, shift, stunts on just about every play. CSP will have the guys looking at that film all spring, I have no doubt.

  • RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    I feel like I said a few weeks ago that UGA's OLine was better than Oklahoma's and was called names like delusional and homer. Hrrrmm. :p

  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @RandomFan said:
    I feel like I said a few weeks ago that UGA's OLine was better than Oklahoma's and was called names like delusional and homer. Hrrrmm. :p

    Sunshine pumpers unite.

  • donmdonm Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Raiderbeater1 said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    Looked that way didn’t it?

    No one wants to think we flopped and didn’t want to play. No one wants to use that excuse....but it’s a fact.

    I think that excuse has been used a ton. In fact, I think it has been the primary excuse used by fans and media alike

    Just curious. What do any of you think the difference is between an excuse and a reason? Was lack of motivation an excuse for or a reason for our SB loss to Texas?

  • Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @donm said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Raiderbeater1 said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    Looked that way didn’t it?

    No one wants to think we flopped and didn’t want to play. No one wants to use that excuse....but it’s a fact.

    I think that excuse has been used a ton. In fact, I think it has been the primary excuse used by fans and media alike

    Just curious. What do any of you think the difference is between an excuse and a reason? Was lack of motivation an excuse for or a reason for our SB loss to Texas?

    It’s in the eye of the beholder. We know it was a reason. Everyone outside of the program, Texas included, will say it’s an excuse. It says they weren’t the better team.

  • donmdonm Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I like that.

  • FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Needs to be said: Quinnen is a stand up guy for speaking about a rival like that. Props.

  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @FirePlugDawg said:

    Needs to be said: Quinnen is a stand up guy for speaking about a rival like that. Props.

    Game recognize game. He was quick to “almost” downplay Tyler Murray so he must really respect UGA OL.

  • BrettGarrBrettGarr Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    @BrettGarr must be an Alabama fan

    Nope -- not at all. But you also have to know that UT's defense isn't even close to as good as Alabama's.

  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @BrettGarr said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    @BrettGarr must be an Alabama fan

    Nope -- not at all. But you also have to know that UT's defense isn't even close to as good as Alabama's.

    you are one big dummy

  • BrettGarrBrettGarr Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @BrettGarr said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    @BrettGarr must be an Alabama fan

    Nope -- not at all. But you also have to know that UT's defense isn't even close to as good as Alabama's.

    you are one big dummy

    That really hurts -- I doubt I'll ever recover. :'(

  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @BrettGarr said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @BrettGarr said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:

    @Dawg1419 said:

    @tfk_fanboy said:
    makes you wonder a little more about the Sugar Bowl then

    Not really

    maybe Texas has a much better defense than Alabama

    @BrettGarr must be an Alabama fan

    Nope -- not at all. But you also have to know that UT's defense isn't even close to as good as Alabama's.

    you are one big dummy

    That really hurts -- I doubt I'll ever recover. :'(

    Sshhh

  • RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Well that's not much of a stretch. We were the only team to even compete with Bama all year.

  • deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 295 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @RxDawg said:
    Well that's not much of a stretch. We were the only team to even compete with Bama all year.

    Never forget Citadels stand against the mighty tide

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    We can list reasons for the UTex loss all day and we can name every one of them an excuse. The truth is all losses are bad. In the end, they were more physical, they had a better game plan, and we didn't adjust well. Georgia is the stronger, deeper team so, why didn't we play like it? If we had a let down or some other psychological issue like distractions--that is no less valid a reason to lose than any other. It is no more an excuse than any other. It is what it is--teams lose like that all the time.

  • donmdonm Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JayDog said:
    We can list reasons for the UTex loss all day and we can name every one of them an excuse. The truth is all losses are bad. In the end, they were more physical, they had a better game plan, and we didn't adjust well. Georgia is the stronger, deeper team so, why didn't we play like it? If we had a let down or some other psychological issue like distractions--that is no less valid a reason to lose than any other. It is no more an excuse than any other. It is what it is--teams lose like that all the time.

    I like the idea of not labelling things....they are what they are and we can work to improve in that particular area.

  • MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Betcha Texas's front 7 would beg to differ.

Sign In or Register to comment.