Jeff Sentell - Aaron McLaughlin

Jeff
You talked today on DND about how the recruiting of Lawrence (or miss thereof) was partially on account of how late UGA was to the table under Richt. With another elite passer seemingly growing in the state, Aaron McLaughlin, is Kirby engaged early here and is there any growing traction for him ending up at UGA?

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

QB, Buford, Class of 2021.

https://247sports.com/Player/Aaron-McLaughlin-67159/

On one hand it's a good question since there are apparently offers from Bama, Michigan, and USC, but not us. On the other hand, what happened with Lawrence under the prior regime wouldn't happen now, in a million years.

If CKS is interested, I'm sure he's engaged. No idea if he's interested.

If @JeffSentell doesn't see this maybe others can weigh in.

• WDawg30004WDawg30004 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

I mean, you can watch the tape. The kid can throw the ball and throw it accurately. Maybe the next T.L. And he is home grown. What is the hold up ?

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FYI, unless you're responding to the OP, you have to @ the poster or use the "Quote option to engage in discussion.

As to your question, I have no inside info and nothing to offer.

• donmdonm Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WDawg30004 said:
    I mean, you can watch the tape. The kid can throw the ball and throw it accurately. Maybe the next T.L. And he is home grown. What is the hold up ?

You are assuming he is better than those we may be pursuing.

• skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

That bout sums it up then Gwtt Dawg

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WDawg30004 said:
    Jeff
    You talked today on DND about how the recruiting of Lawrence (or miss thereof) was partially on account of how late UGA was to the table under Richt. With another elite passer seemingly growing in the state, Aaron McLaughlin, is Kirby engaged early here and is there any growing traction for him ending up at UGA?

I think Vandergriff, Sanders, and Buchner probably are viewed as better prospects

• Gwinnett_DawgGwinnett_Dawg Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Calzada was just as bad at Lanier

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So Georgia has 50% of his WAY TO EARLY Crystal Ball Predictions which is a good start but we'll c because Georgia just generally doesnt fare well with elite in state signal callers. Fromm is an exception to the rule.

What's the hold up? I dont know. Maybe Brice Ramsey has a little brother that Georgia's staff is smitten with. I mean who really needs a pocket passer with protypical size and arm strength? By the way does Grayson Lambert have a little brother?

• Sparky_DAWGSparky_DAWG Posts: 129 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MeR3htid said:
    What's the hold up? I dont know. Maybe Brice Ramsey has a little brother that Georgia's staff is smitten with. I mean who really needs a pocket passer with protypical size and arm strength? By the way does Grayson Lambert have a little brother?

Ramsey and Lambert were brought in by the previous regime. The current regime is about as similar to the previous regime as black is to white, when it comes to recruiting. I don’t think we need to worry about our QB recruiting. We MAY, however, need to worry about talent retention, MAYBE.

Man this kid is built like an NFL QB right now with an NFL arm to match. Now I dont expect him to b the next T.L. because T. L. is a rare breed man, but dang Im hoping our staff is on this kid hard.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:

@WDawg30004 said:
    Jeff

I think Vandergriff, Sanders, and Buchner probably are viewed as better prospects

It is believed Vandergriff is top of board for 21.

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great prospect; had all of the tools. Wowed at camps all over the country where he was the youngest amd best quarterback - even with jet lag

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Gwinnett_Dawg said:
    Attitude and locker room issues- grew up in California and coached as a kid at QB guru- moved to North Gwinnett cluster to play in SEC- repeated 8th grade even though he has physical make up of a HS Junior- then enrolled at Buford instead of North for Frosh year- Buford brings in new coach and is fired after 2 years because lost locker room and pissed off Buford good 0l' boys

The above is marked up for what may be pertinent. Nonetheless Aaron is a Sophomore this year (technically a junior per your 'repeated 8th grade' comment). He was the starting QB as a Freshman (Sophomore) of a very good team.

What bothers me is why not give him an offer - show some love? Even if he is world class prima donna, he could change betwix now and when it matters. Must be something not said. Perhaps he hates English bulldogs? The only good news: Clemson hasn't offered him yet. (Maybe he hates the color orange?)

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Lord that kid is for real.