'Surging Florida, reeling UGA headed in opposite directions for 2019' BWAHAHA!!

DCochranDCochran Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man, it's obvious this writer is a Florida fan, but gees, how pathetic...
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/surging-florida-reeling-georgia-enter-2019-heading-in-opposite-directions-how-quickly-can-gators-completely-erase-the-gap/

So, Florida beats Michigan to end the season, we lose to Texas by one TD without 2 future NFL players on our D and our starting NG, and we are reeling?

Oh, we lost Holyfield to the draft...we sure are in big trouble! We lost Chubb and Michel and then followed that up with not ONE but TWO 1000+ yard rushers the next season. And of course he thinks losing Chaney to UT is a huge blow to us. Yeah, whatever you say guy. This guy needs his journalist licensed revoked.

Mullen is doing good things down there, but come on man....we had one of, if not THE most dominant OL in CFB this past season, even with injuries and youth. Now we got almost all of our two deep back, with our starting QB and 1000+ yard Heisman trophy candidate RB. My wife could play QB behind this OL and beat Florida and we're going in opposite directions?

Comments

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Each opinion piece on SBS are done by each ones homer writers...even ours.

Kinda like the Tennessee guys saying Chaney came back to “win it all” this next year.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These Florida (and Tennessee) folks headed for some disappointment.

• LORLOR Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Outside looking in, I could see how another program would see cracks in the foundation. Lost both coordinators, our famed qb transferred under dubious circumstances and the offense lost 3 of its playmakers. I get it. What that ignores is all the young playmakers that got a lot of experience while cruising to winning the East. It also ignores the recruiting wins and impact players waiting in the wings. Florida has reasons to be optimistic compared to the last decade, but they’re still way behind.

• ghostghost Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

whatever he's on "STAY AWAY" that's some potent s h i t

• Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 289 ✭✭✭ Junior

As long as Feliepe Stanks is passing the rock i am not that nervous

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They’re gonna come in with so much confidence next year and I wanna crush their dreams again

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I cant wait for BA's "Gator hater updater" to reach the 1000 day mark.

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I actually think this past year and next year will be "peak UF" under Mullen.

The reality is Mullen is a great X's and O's coach but he's never been great at the recruiting side.

I don't see evidence of their talent level increasing. At best it's static and it may be decreasing somewhat. And while Mullen can coach players up... he'll likely be coaching lesser talent players up then he had this year (and will have next year). I see the talent level evening out around where South Carolina's talent is.

Jim Mclewein was responsible for a top 10 class. Muschamp had 3 top 10 classes (2 in the top 5). Urban Meyer had lots of them.

So far Mullen has had a nbr 17 and a nbr 13 class. He's below McElwein level in recruiting and far below Muschamp. While he'll get his players to outperform their talent... the decrease in talent will likely cause that to net out to something similar to the last couple of Florida coaches.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bring it on Gators!!!😣😣😣 The East has stunk up the SEC long enough, and that includes Georgia in Richts last 7 yrs. Its about time for somebody (Florida) besides Georgia to make some serious noise Nationally so we can actually look forward to the GAME (Cocktail Party) and not just the tradition and folklore attached to it. Yeah, I wanna c Georgia win every single game until judgement day but itll b fun to consistently ruin the seasons of Gators or Vols top 10 Nationally ranked teams. I would love for Fla and Tennessee to b to us what LSU and Auburn has been to Bama the last decade which is for the most part a worthy bridesmaid but NOTHING MORE!!! But I want to watch competitive games on Saturday afternoons in the fall, and that should b the competitor in all of us and those teams pushing us will force us to stay on our toes for when the Bamas and Clemsons come calling. GO DAWGS!!!

• bhs11bhs11 Posts: 45 ✭ Freshman

@DawginSC said:

The reality is Mullen is a great X's and O's coach but he's never been great at the recruiting side.

I don't see evidence of their talent level increasing. At best it's static and it may be decreasing somewhat. And while Mullen can coach players up... he'll likely be coaching lesser talent players up then he had this year (and will have next year). I see the talent level evening out around where South Carolina's talent is.

Jim Mclewein was responsible for a top 10 class. Muschamp had 3 top 10 classes (2 in the top 5). Urban Meyer had lots of them.

So far Mullen has had a nbr 17 and a nbr 13 class. He's below McElwein level in recruiting and far below Muschamp. While he'll get his players to outperform their talent... the decrease in talent will likely cause that to net out to something similar to the last couple of Florida coaches.

Gators are at #11 now in recruiting and will end up in top 10. Fast start for 2020 and 2021 at #3 and #1. Mullen will recruit a lot better at Florida than he did at Miss. St.

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    Bring it on Gators!!!😣😣😣 The East has stunk up the SEC long enough

The east finished with a better record than the west this year. Only by one game, but still.

• bhs11bhs11 Posts: 45 ✭ Freshman

Mullen also pulled 4 transfers last year that did not factor in recruiting rankings. WR's Jefferson and Grimes. DT Shuler and TE Krull. All had a big impact. DE Jon Greenard has transferred to UF this week from Louisville. He was team captain, injured in first game this year. Last year he had 15.5 TFL and 6 sacks.

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is really just a journalist hoping for something. They don't want the East to be a foregone conclusion. It's boring for the casual fan and them. So writing what they really know, UGA is elite and Florida isn't, doesn't get people to come back to your site. It's the same reason we had to read stories about USCjr upsetting us last season. Basically, stories like this are sports writer fantasies. Now, if it gets Gator hopes up, so the inevitable defeat hurts more, then type away.

Go Dawgs

• OroValleyDawgOroValleyDawg Posts: 135 ✭✭✭ Junior

@bhs11 said:
    Mullen also pulled 4 transfers last year that did not factor in recruiting rankings. WR's Jefferson and Grimes. DT Shuler and TE Krull. All had a big impact. DE Jon Greenard has transferred to UF this week from Louisville. He was team captain, injured in first game this year. Last year he had 15.5 TFL and 6 sacks.

yall still gonna **** gator

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@bhs11 said:

@DawginSC said:

Gators are at #11 now in recruiting and will end up in top 10. Fast start for 2020 and 2021 at #3 and #1. Mullen will recruit a lot better at Florida than he did at Miss. St.

So far the evidence still suggests recruiting at the same level or slightly below of McElwain , significantly below Muschamp and WAY below Meyer.

Of course he'll do better at UF than MSU. That doesn't mean he's a good recruiter by UF standards.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@OroValleyDawg said:

@bhs11 said:

Don't be too harsh on @bhs11. Even though he is a UF fan, he's also very knowledgable with what's going on with their program, and in certain ways, ours too. Some of us from Dawg Post remember that he always posted very good information about both programs especially when it came to both schools recruiting the same players. In other words, he's a good Gator to have on board. He's not a troll, and pretty much tells it as he see's (and hears) it from both perspectives.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bhs11 said:

THIS

good to know

@ghostofuga1 said:

@OroValleyDawg said:

@bhs11 said:

Don't be too harsh on @bhs11. Even though he is a UF fan, he's also very knowledgable with what's going on with their program, and in certain ways, ours too. Some of us from Dawg Post remember that he always posted very good information about both programs especially when it came to both schools recruiting the same players. In other words, he's a good Gator to have on board. He's not a troll, and pretty much tells it as he see's (and hears) it from both perspectives.

how about 'thebamaway2' I wasn't nice to him earlier this week Hopefully he IS a troll because his board name is so obnoxious I would be bummed to have to apologize.

Its been a tough couple of weeks and I am salty still

@OroValleyDawg said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

@OroValleyDawg said:

@bhs11 said:

how about 'thebamaway2' I wasn't nice to him earlier this week Hopefully he IS a troll because his board name is so obnoxious I would be bummed to have to apologize.

Its been a tough couple of weeks and I am salty still

Lol! You can be salty with whoever you like, especially the trolls. I just know many folks here don't know @bhs11 like I and some others do, and really wanted to point that out more to the Board, than specifically towards you. All is good. Stay Salty my Friend!! ;)

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 339 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess he didn't hear about Emory Jones in the transfer portal. Mullen's ignance really showed after the Jax game when he said the game was closer than the score indicated AND, "BTW, our freshman qb played better than theirs did." What a piece of work!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BEACHDAWG said:
    I guess he didn't hear about Emory Jones in the transfer portal. Mullen's ignance really showed after the Jax game when he said the game was closer than the score indicated AND, "BTW, our freshman qb played better than theirs did." What a piece of work!

Wait is that for real? Emory in the portal?

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

@DCochran said:

My wife could play QB behind this OL and beat Florida and we're going in opposite directions?

I'm just trying to picture your wife, does she resemble Big Maude?

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

@dragonslayer said:

@DCochran said:

My wife could play QB behind this OL and beat Florida and we're going in opposite directions?

She's a UGA girl, and a little more attractive than Big Maude...

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Next year Florida will have around 32 four star recruits and zero five star recruits on roster. Georgia will have around 45 four stars and 15 five stars.

Last time Florida had zero five star recruits on roster? I have no idea, but they've had at least 4 five stars on roster every year between 2000 and 2015. They had at least a dozen in the mid 200's.

The point is: Georgia is trending up with tiny dips along the way, Florida is trending down with tiny bumps along the way. It would take at least four years for Florida to catch up to Georgia, but they don't have the staff to do it.

@DCochran said:

@dragonslayer said:

@DCochran said:

She's a UGA girl, and a little more attractive than Big Maude...

Well done Darin! Not sure how you manage that.....but well done Sir!

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 446 ✭✭✭ Junior

@dragonslayer said:

@DCochran said:

Reminds me of that lady I saw at the bowling alley. Yikes.