Tate Martell is in...

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You guessed it, the transfer portal

Comments

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow, just wow. Wonder if he can get immediate eligibility.

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    I GROW STRONGER WITH EVERY PASSING DAY

is that stargate lol

• LincolnParkDawgLincolnParkDawg Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior

That didn’t take long!

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably a long shot, but would be great for him to come to Athens to sit a year behind Fromm and start in 2020. Doubt he'd have a case for immediate eligibility anyway.

At the same time, this puts O$U in quite the situation if Fields doesn't win his case

• destindawg1destindawg1 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Does anyone wonder now if J F will be eligible next year? You can infer from this news that he ain't sitting out and OSU knows it.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well Felicia gonna get what she wants. Something handed to her lol what a joke. I hope he’s a bust.

• Herschel_TalkerHerschel_Talker Posts: 61 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wonder if TM's comments forced OSU to process him

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Herschel_Talker said:

I wondered that myself. He may have burned some bridges.

@Herschel_Talker said:

I highly doubt that

• josh31533josh31533 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

@AgDawg said:
    Probably a long shot, but would be great for him to come to Athens to sit a year behind Fromm and start in 2020. Doubt he'd have a case for immediate eligibility anyway.

At the same time, this puts O$U in quite the situation if Fields doesn't win his case

TPTB at tOSU will do whatever it takes to make sure he’s eligible, especially now.

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    That settles it...

OSU is racist against white QBs.

They lost two (potentially) to get one so I hope they really like the guy

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

If i were him I’d be in the portal as well highly rated recruit waits patiently and the this top guy comes in ... I’m not taking that risk and I’d probably even do it out of spite lol

Okay ... I lied... I’d battle it out but I understand the risk too.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol talk about getting punked out. Martell let that bulldawg mouth out talk that puppydog a$$ of his. Wow what a lame.

• Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 289 ✭✭✭ Junior

O$U better hope that QB2 doesn't get hurt and can learn how to read a defense real fast..

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tathan Martell is going to apply for hardship waiver when he goes to a new school. Grounds are mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete's control and directly impact the health, safety, and well-being of the student athlete.

• njdawg81njdawg81 Posts: 103 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe he was referring to himself in his tweet?

word of advice:
    ———————

• don’t swing and miss

... especially not your second time

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can understand Martell's position. He is no slouch of a QB--highly recruited and very gifted. He waited his turn behind an established starter. Now some kid comes in who doesn't have a day in that system--and everybody is predicting he will win the job.

The difference between the two might be the difference between Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson--so it could go either way. It is fair to assume that JF is not going to sit two more years behind Martell. So the writing is on the wall.

• Herschel_TalkerHerschel_Talker Posts: 61 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Tate Martell ever takes his douchebaggery on a trip to Gainesville, FL.....he will have found heaven on earth. And not a bad offense and coach for his skill set as well.

• tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As much of a Dbag he is, i dont blame him. Fields didnt want to sit behind Fromm, he wouldnt go to OSU if he wasnt going to get the nod. If it were me id do the same thing and pray fields didnt get his eligibility and deuce out and leave them in a mess.

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Herschel_Talker said:
    If Tate Martell ever takes his douchebaggery on a trip to Gainesville, FL.....he will have found heaven on earth. And not a bad offense and coach for his skill set as well.

Don't give Cousin Eddie any ideas.

• HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DawgsofWar said:
    Tathan Martell is going to apply for hardship waiver when he goes to a new school. Grounds are mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete's control and directly impact the health, safety, and well-being of the student athlete.

Justin Fields has been bullying him...it's a tragic state of affairs and an unhealthy environment for a young college qb...waiver time baby!

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 10

Dang, was really pulling for him to win the starting job due to “certain” circumstances. He just made himself look like a female dog after the tweets he posted. I guess he can get a waiver because he’s butt hurt that fields transferred in. The NCAA is becoming a joke. They ought to make a league that HS players can opt to go to as a gateway to the NFL while getting paid vs going to college.

Edit: sorry if this post is all over the place, I just took pre workout.

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Whenever somebody runs their mouth like he did it comes out of fear. That kid was packing his bags and running away as soon as Fields transfer to OSU was officially announced.

Not the type of kid I would want in a foxhole with me and definitely not the kid I would ever want to see leading our offense.