Nolan Smith!! My new fave Dawg😊

BucktoothEwokBucktoothEwok Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Noone knows what the future holds for kids like Nolan Smith and Justin Fields on the field, but one things for sure, their futures are golden regardless of what happens on the playing field. Im very, very sad to see Fields go and i truly hope he dominates at ohio st. Of course i was initially so excited for us to sign Fields because of his athletic ability. Im a lifelong Dawg fan i just cant help that. But immediately after learning we were the frontrunner to land him i did some research and saw that he was even BETTER in the classroom!!! He had full rides to all the ivy league joints and that aint no joke lol. Smart cookie. It was quite refreshing to see such a heralded superior athelete take school even more seriously. I was crushed when we lost him but will forever be his fan. So fast forward to Nolan Smith. Im not one who stays in the loop on the internet so i usually dont know much til the players arrive but i just read a piece on Mr Smith! Keep in mind fields was the #1 player coming out, he leaves, that hurts so then we sign #1 player this yr...that kind of alleviated the sting of fields leaving but not fully. Then i read the piece on Nolan today and it took any pain i had AWAY!!!! He basically said that hell know hes a dawg when CLASS starts haha. Now if im being honest here, i wouldnt know i was a Dawg until i went to my 1st practice and broke both knees from getting juked by DAndre Swift lol. Then i hear of his love of engineering and how hes so thrilled to be accepted into our new engineering program!!! Im so happy for kids like this these days we live in an instant gratification society and this kid is a flat out WORKER. Im not knocking anyone else i just find this so refreshing after losing Fields amd hopefully some of dawg nation dpes as well😊 hes going to be special. Anyhoo, im overly excited as u can tell. Forgive me also...im new here, its my 1st post amd i KNOW its 'too long, didnt read' but im just THAT EXCITED for nolan!!! Go Dawgs. Its been a rough week for us dawgs but HEADS UP people...we got this😊 Lets SIC'EM baby!!

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BucktoothEwok said:
    Noone knows what the future holds for kids like Nolan Smith and Justin Fields on the field, but one things for sure, their futures are golden regardless of what happens on the playing field. Im very, very sad to see Fields go and i truly hope he dominates at ohio st. Of course i was initially so excited for us to sign Fields because of his athletic ability. Im a lifelong Dawg fan i just cant help that. But immediately after learning we were the frontrunner to land him i did some research and saw that he was even BETTER in the classroom!!! He had full rides to all the ivy league joints and that aint no joke lol. Smart cookie. It was quite refreshing to see such a heralded superior athelete take school even more seriously. I was crushed when we lost him but will forever be his fan. So fast forward to Nolan Smith. Im not one who stays in the loop on the internet so i usually dont know much til the players arrive but i just read a piece on Mr Smith! Keep in mind fields was the #1 player coming out, he leaves, that hurts so then we sign #1 player this yr...that kind of alleviated the sting of fields leaving but not fully. Then i read the piece on Nolan today and it took any pain i had AWAY!!!! He basically said that hell know hes a dawg when CLASS starts haha. Now if im being honest here, i wouldnt know i was a Dawg until i went to my 1st practice and broke both knees from getting juked by DAndre Swift lol. Then i hear of his love of engineering and how hes so thrilled to be accepted into our new engineering program!!! Im so happy for kids like this these days we live in an instant gratification society and this kid is a flat out WORKER. Im not knocking anyone else i just find this so refreshing after losing Fields amd hopefully some of dawg nation dpes as well😊 hes going to be special. Anyhoo, im overly excited as u can tell. Forgive me also...im new here, its my 1st post amd i KNOW its 'too long, didnt read' but im just THAT EXCITED for nolan!!! Go Dawgs. Its been a rough week for us dawgs but HEADS UP people...we got this😊 Lets SIC'EM baby!!

I thought Ivy League schools didn't offer athletic scholys.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was with ya until you said you hoped Fields dominates at Ohio State. But I agree about Nolan...has immense DGD potential.

• BucktoothEwokBucktoothEwok Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

@scooterdawg i shouldve worded that better haha. I would never want him dominating us or anyone in the sec except maybe florida haha. Itd be nice though to see him rip his new conference up and perhaps set up a matchup with us!! If that ever happens i hope we make him wish hed have stayed!!!

• SaltDawg1515SaltDawg1515 Posts: 51 ✭✭ Sophomore

Nolan Smith is a class act. Got to know him well at Calvary Day, before he transferred to IMG. He will be a DGD.

• James13James13 Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

That's also why I like my boy Hot Rod.

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

TLDR

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Quit reading after the first lol

• mRNAmRNA Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

Most private schools do not offer scholarships. They do offer financial aid to
    Those students whose parents make less than $110,000 or so(depending on where they live). So it is true that Ivy League schools do not offer scholarships but many students go for free or have reduced cost of admissions

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 11

I hear Fields is a really bright dude. After watching him play though, his football IQ is questionable. Guess it is the ole book smart but no common sense...I mean no football sense in this case.

Ohio State's Day better be the wh!z kid he is made out to be or the Buckeyes will lose 4 games next year.

Who knew wh!z was a bad word nowadays?

• athensjohnathensjohn Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

I like the interview Jeff had with Nolan. When asked what he wanted to do at Georgia, one of the first thing Nolan mentioned was giving back to the community. He seems like someone who really has a great perspective on life - education, helping those in need, and taking advantage of his opportunities.

The future of Georgia if very bright with people like him coming in - and I think he can play a little football too.

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 191 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 11

@BucktoothEwok said:

Might want to get on the internets and see how the Fields camp is handling this transfer before you lock in that fuzzy feeling you have for him. I personally hope he has a decent career. Also hope we play them in the playoffs and stomp his ass. Sh*t slinger.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nolan Smith is already DGD, & since he’s been committed to the G? He’s been THE #1 recruiter of his peers for the class of 2019 DAWGS too. I feel pretty sure he’s got the work ethic needed to maximize his opportunities to see some playing time this coming season as a true Freshman. I believe he will potentially take his place among other truly legendary defensive STUD UGA DAWGS that there have been throughout the years!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

T-Mazz, were u actually born in 2009? Fields NEVER, EVER got a chance to run Georgias regular offense in games. He was only given token opportunities here and there but never allowed a full series with maybe a couple of exceptions so the sample size is too small to draw ANY conclusions about his Football IQ. Thats just laughable. 😂😂😂

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mRNA said:
    Most private schools do not offer scholarships. They do offer financial aid to
    Those students whose parents make less than $110,000 or so(depending on where they live). So it is true that Ivy League schools do not offer scholarships but many students go for free or have reduced cost of admissions

Yep. Or they offer academic scholarships in lieu of athletic. Hence, the student-athletes going for free.