GiT going "All Bama."

BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 339 ✭✭✭ Junior

The news on North Avenue the past few days has the geeks heading for a program that strictly emulates the Crimson Tide. Starting with recruiting. New coaches and administrators, trained by Nick Saban, will be focusing on sharing the talent in the state of Georgia by providing "opportunities" for Georgia kids at GiT that have not been available in the last couple of decades. Anybody know what that means?

Comments

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It means they aren’t running the option.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

😴😴

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

it means that they will still be our B.I.T.C.H.!!!

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It means our OOC schedule is getting tougher and tougher but The DAWGS still run this stare.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I means 2 years of **** followed by 5 years of mediocrity

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I find this insteresting since they generally badmouth all things SEC related and call UGA a dirty program. I guess big brother made them have to rethink their moral high ground

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia Tech’s Problems are all just so numerous. The lack of their facilities to compete with any of the other ACC schools, & IMO no “real money” on the horizon coming in to the North Avenue Trade School isn’t too promising either. Add to that the pride that the “Techies” have in their academic standards (although that standard is nowadays being called in question too) and I do not see much in the improvement for their recruiting classes going forward in any real way. In other words? The new head coach there has a seriously huge uphill battle in becoming a quality team in any real form. Becoming like Alabama??? That’s as much of a delusional thing as anything that’s ever been said over at Tech. They. Are. All. Simply. Losers.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It means that Georgia still runs the state.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just keep beating them into submission and the rest will take care of self.

• 21oz21oz Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

tech sucks. tuck fech.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I could photoshop you'd see what I see when I think about the trade school.

Picture this in your mind's eye: Forrest Gump in a Tech sweatshirt.

Mowing grass.

Go, Dawgs!

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, Tech attracted some pretty good...bah!

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Bulldawg1982 said:
    It means our OOC schedule is getting tougher and tougher but The DAWGS still run this stare.

Hope they don’t stare to long.😂

• UGAJ0EUGAJ0E Posts: 115 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 12

@BEACHDAWG said:
    The news on North Avenue the past few days has the geeks heading for a program that strictly emulates the Crimson Tide. Starting with recruiting. New coaches and administrators, trained by Nick Saban, will be focusing on sharing the talent in the state of Georgia by providing "opportunities" for Georgia kids at GiT that have not been available in the last couple of decades. Anybody know what that means?

Its just a PR move to try to build intrigue and sale more season tickets for a team that is going to be absolutely awful next year.

I went to the tech game last year and they are the worst D1 defense that I've ever seen. I thought UMass was better on D. They aren't fixing that anytime soon and their offense is just an assortment of tight ends and fullbacks.

They are terrible.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 339 ✭✭✭ Junior

Remermbering back to the days of cigarette advertising, the cute yellow jacketed fans used sing "You can take Georgia out of the country but......they were smug and they beat us more often......then.