Dan Enos to Miami... Jalen Hurts to follow?

JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How dare you create a thread with only a single source to back you up.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You'd have to think Hurts would go with him

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 501 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is great news if true, Dan Enos did wonders for the Alabama QB room

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 505 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 11

I am really surprised that Enos is not being promoted to OC at Alabama. Who is getting that job? Gattis, Enos and Butch Jones have left.

• Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

They got so lucky

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 82 ✭✭ Sophomore

@MIghtydawg said:
    I am really surprised that Enos is not being promoted to OC at Alabama. Who is getting that job? Gattis, Enos and Butch Jones have left.

Does bring some truth to the rumors floating...seems as if they just want to reshape their staff and try to bring back more harmony.

• dogbiscuit34dogbiscuit34 Posts: 54 ✭✭ Sophomore

Enos to Miami official.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hate to hear that. Was holding out hope we might get him. Enos was supposedly who Smart wanted for OC initially. He obviously helped Hurts develop a good bit. The guy we saw in December looked very different than the guy we saw in January.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Meaning Bama is in the market as well. Could Saban be trying to poach Cooley, both for his coaching and for the South Florida recruiting connections? Could explain the delay in us announcing anything.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Miami will likely finish with a 10 win season with Hurts at the helm. Just the respect he would command in that locker room would raise their stock quite a bit. Also theres talent there because its Miami and with Hurts pointing the way I c them winning 10 games next year. IF this is all true.

• josh31533josh31533 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dang, Kirby didn’t go after Enos? He must be thinking he’s got a home run in his back pocket. You all know more about the DC/OC searches and candidates than I do, after reading some comments from other posters, I was really hoping we could snag Enos.

• donmdonm Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@josh31533 said:
    Dang, Kirby didn’t go after Enos? He must be thinking he’s got a home run in his back pocket. You all know more about the DC/OC searches and candidates than I do, after reading some comments from other posters, I was really hoping we could snag Enos.

A little surprising since Enos is who he originally wanted when he was first hired. However, I think he's had Coley in mind since last year, at least, and would likely have lost Coley if he hired Enos as OC. I guessing of course.

• ColumboColumbo Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looks like even Saban’s Bottle of Coke has left him and entered “The Portal”

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That would work. No good QBs I’m miami currently

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 11

@Columbo said:

That is some butt ug ly carpet

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why didn't we go after Enos? Anyone know??

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, that would make some waves along the Miami coast!

• icebuddyicebuddy Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nick Saban has lost control of Bama.

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 433 ✭✭✭ Junior

@donm said:
    A little surprising since Enos is who he originally wanted when he was first hired. However, I think he's had Coley in mind since last year, at least, and would likely have lost Coley if he hired Enos as OC. I guessing of course.

Enos could have been a good fit but I like the fact that Kirby showed some loyalty to Coley after he turned down bigger money and a promotion to go to Tx A&M last year

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 11

We all know the drama in Athens over the past couple of months, but, in a way, Bama has had it, too. 1. Loses key coaches, 2. Loses to Clemson, 3. Loses key recruits to others including UGA, 4. Players going pro, 5. Major QB transfer, and 6. The night-shift waitress at Waffle House has been spreading a certain rash around Tuscaloosa.

I wonder if their fan base is just used to it, happy because of all the success, or if they are upset, too?

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 266 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Columbo said:

Hope he doesn’t retire before we beat Alabama

• donmdonm Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JKFlyfish said:
    Why didn't we go after Enos? Anyone know??

Coley was hired last year but with a deferred start day.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgsince76 said:

@Columbo said:

Hope he doesn’t retire before we beat Alabama

I'll accept an asterisk for a win.