What is Kirby's hiring plan?

donmdonm Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Many folks, even a large majority? seem to believe that Jim Coley will get the call at OC. IF...in fact, Kirby has decided on Coley, what sort of strategy might he be employing in delaying the announcement? Is it related to the other position coaching spots he has to fill? Might it be connected to something else?

How about the DC position? I've heard lots of names, including Schuman and Lanning, mentioned, but not as assuredly as Coley's. Is it likely he's trying to bring in an "outsider" for the DC job?

guess I'm just puzzled by the delay and what it might mean, other than he isn't ready to announce it - which I guess could mean so many different things.

Comments

• OroValleyDawgOroValleyDawg Posts: 135 ✭✭✭ Junior

There is a good article on this on the front page. He is assessing available coaches and you sometimes throw in the ole ‘co-coordinator’ title to land them. So he is not going to name anyone as THE coordinator on either side yet.

• Dawg88Dawg88 Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby just tweeted. It's Coley! B)

• dogbiscuit34dogbiscuit34 Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

ChangeTheGame

• donmdonm Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg88 said:
    Kirby just tweeted. It's Coley! B)

Dang. So now I'll likely never get an answer to my question. Drat.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm I believe that it was Coley all along. I don't believe that Smart ever floundered. I credit the delay to working out all of the details of the contract.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck said:
    @donm I believe that it was Coley all along. I don't believe that Smart ever floundered. I credit the delay to working out all of the details of the contract.

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great choice...he is a super recruiter, coach, and while he will likely have a few tweaks, there will not be a whole new system for everyone to adjust to. So often that transition screws up a whole season.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Plan is, Mark Richt is NOT going to lose control of Kirby's Plan.....