TE Coach - Suggestions

icebuddyicebuddy Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Any ideas? Didn't we have a GA that worked with Pittman who left to coach TEs at Miss. St - DJ Looney? Anything to make Pittman happy.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jeb Blazevich

• GAFANINTNGAFANINTN Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Ben Watson

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tom Melvin

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems to me that coaching the TEs is not a full time job. What else could this person do?

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@FirePlugDawg said:
    Seems to me that coaching the TEs is not a full time job. What else could this person do?

How bout another CO-OC? A splash hire from outside.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@Kasey said:

dam that joke is so good I wish it were mine

I'll trade you for rights to the Chicken Little gif...

You'll have to wait until after his "copyright infringement" case is settled against @christopherules .....

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 hahahahahaha

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bulldawg1982 said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

How bout another CO-OC? A splash hire from outside.

I'm sure that Coley would love to have another hand on the wheel. I was thinking along the lines of "TE Coach and trick play designer/analyst". As the analyst, wuld get down to the nuts and bolts of why a trick play blew up. Also historian/cataloger. Record when and where the trick play blew up. In fact, would be "TE Coach and trick play designer/analyst/historian/cataloger". That's one idea,

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brent Davis. Co offensive coordinator, TE coach and co offensive line coach

Brent is a Georgia native and UGA alumni and currently the OC for Army. Brent was the OC and OL coach at GA southern from 2010-2013

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 433 ✭✭✭ Junior

@FirePlugDawg said:

Wasn't Shane Beamer the ST/TE coach while he was here. Thought Kirby used that 10th position coach Scott on him. Did we even have a ST coach last season?

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 433 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Position coach spot"

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgNut said:
    "Position coach spot"

Scott Fountain

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bulldawg1982 said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

How bout another CO-OC? A splash hire from outside

Sounds like a great way to show Coley that CKS has some confidence in him. Im sure he would be thrilled.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 12

How many TE do we have now? Two fewer than we did last month. We need a coach whose sole job it is to veto stu pid trick plays.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 11,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 12
  • MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ Junior

I know he didn't coach TE but I wish we would have gotten former RB Thomas Brown as our TE coach. When Richt hired Kirby for that 1 year he coached RB & he never coached that position before either. It would have been a great move for UGA I think

@WCDawg said:

@icebuddy said:
    Any ideas? Didn't we have a GA that worked with Pittman who left to coach TEs at Miss. St - DJ Looney? Anything to make Pittman happy.

I prefer we hire a QB coach with an innovative resume and game planning experience, let Coley take TEs, that would also free him up to concentrate more on his OC duties..win win.

Seems more likely that Coley sticks with the QBs for at least a year, for what could be the same reason Chaney coached the QBs - the OC knows the offense. Bringing in a QB coach who doesnt know Coley’s offense and/or understand what he’s trying to accomplish sounds a bit less than ideal. Let the new guy coach a less important position.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO Hartley should be the favorite. But Fountain is a good TE coach and we have ties to Looney tunes. I'd honestly take the best recruiter of the 3.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 11,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@icebuddy said:

I prefer we hire a QB coach with an innovative resume and game planning experience, let Coley take TEs, that would also free him up to concentrate more on his OC duties..win win.

Seems more likely that Coley sticks with the QBs for at least a year, for what could be the same reason Chaney coached the QBs - the OC knows the offense. Bringing in a QB coach who doesnt know Coley’s offense and/or understand what he’s trying to accomplish sounds a bit less than ideal. Let the new guy coach a less important position.

I think it would be easy enough to let another coach work with Jake without even changing terminology.
    It seems yet more along the path of Kirby being overly conservative with the offense.

• DDubDDub Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Randy McMichael

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@icebuddy said:

I think it would be easy enough to let another coach work with Jake without even changing terminology.
    It seems yet more along the path of Kirby being overly conservative with the offense.

Then the guy brought in better be a QB wizard if he's going to be mentoring a player who knows the offense better than the coach. I don't see us getting that kind of guy, unless we're bringing in Mark Richt (joking).

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Unless the coordinator actually calls plays to the TE and creates mismatches with them doesn’t matter who coaches them. Chaney did neither.