I'm stoked about 2019 UGA

deplorabledawgdeplorabledawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

After all the seniors left at thee end of the 2017 season, I was very concerned about how the 2018 season would play out. We struggled (because of our youth) but still managed to have a remarkable season and just missed going to the CFP after a disappointing loss to Bama. But I really believe that we are going to be off the chain this year and are going to be a completely dominating force!! I am 100% behind our coach!! Can't wait!! GO DAWGS!!!

Comments

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm scratching my head on your user name........

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

(i think it's a political statement)

Oh Lord...another political thread in the works. Please shoot me now........

• deplorabledawgdeplorabledawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

@ghostofuga1 said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

(i think it's a political statement)

Oh Lord...another political thread in the works. Please shoot me now........

Relax everybody! I'm not here to talk politics!!

• Big_PruneBig_Prune Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah I'm excited too. I can't wait to see what kind of defense we have with all that young talent.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Me too. This is "the year" according to many prognosticators early on in Kirby's tenure. Almost pulled it off 2 years early.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just don't turn into one of those basket of deplorables that show up when something bad happens around here.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia top to bottom has 1 of the 2 most talented rosters in CFB for 2019 as things currently stand including our money placekicker and a third year starter and veteran of 4 playoff games (Yeah the SEC Championship Game is a playoff game) in Jake Fromm and the nations best O Line and what will b a dominant defense from November on. What does this all mean? Honeymoon is officially over for CKS and this year is a Championship or bust year for Georgia. PERIOD.

• cory430cory430 Posts: 433 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beast year. Offense is going to cook and that defense is going to be nasty.

• LincolnParkDawgLincolnParkDawg Posts: 92 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fromm is going to be even better, the OL will dominate and I think the run game will be better too. The defense loaded up nicely with Walker, Smith and Dean. We should get good pressure on the QB and even without Baker I love the way the secondary is shaping up. Beating ND will be a huge national statement game. Can’t wait to kick gator tail!!

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

We will be strong in the trenches, especially the OL, but the DL should be pretty solid as well. Davis established himself as a solid force at NG and we still have depth, Rochester and Clark have shown flashes of greatness, Herring and Wyatt are solid contributors and this is where some of the young guns might step in. Walker and the trio of big DLmen from Tennessee that we landed and if they let Jermaine Johnson play DE, instead of moving him to OLB, we are going to really have a deep core of players. You have the kind of OL and DL we have and you can beat any team even without fantastic skill people. But it so happens, our skill people ARE fantastic. So, the ingredients are there for success.

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ Junior

@deplorabledawg said:
    After all the seniors left at thee end of the 2017 season, I was very concerned about how the 2018 season would play out. We struggled (because of our youth) but still managed to have a remarkable season and just missed going to the CFP after a disappointing loss to Bama. But I really believe that we are going to be off the chain this year and are going to be a completely dominating force!! I am 100% behind our coach!! Can't wait!! GO DAWGS!!!

Going to be a very good year

• SaltDawg1515SaltDawg1515 Posts: 51 ✭✭ Sophomore

Yes it should be a great one. I'm expecting DRob to break out and have an All SEC season at WR/Slot

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 550 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just saw Trezman Marshall, Nakobe Dean, and Nolan Smith at a bar dt. Can confirm they still have a lot to learn about talking to women lol

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:
    Just saw Trezman Marshall, Nakobe Dean, and Nolan Smith at a bar dt. Can confirm they still have a lot to learn about talking to women lol

The only thing 18yr old semi-well known kids will find at a bar is trouble.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

The only thing 18yr old semi-well known kids will find at a bar is trouble.

Sweet! I thought I was the only one who called poon tang “trouble” but i see you do it too.

• RSDawgRSDawg Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited January 13

@TheSmartWay said:

Which bar? You will note it is 8 in the morning and I am not going or anything. I'm old as dirt, I'm just curious what bars the FB patron versus back in my day (late 90's).

@RSDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Which bar? You will note it is 8 in the morning and I am not going or anything. I'm old as dirt, I'm just curious what bars the FB players patron versus back in my day (late 90's).

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

U don't have to do much talkin when you're built like they r. Those Southern Bells just want plenty of muscle and plenty of testosterone.

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 550 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RSDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Which bar? You will note it is 8 in the morning and I am not going or anything. I'm old as dirt, I'm just curious what bars the FB patron versus back in my day (late 90's).

The athletes all go to silver dollar bar. There were > 5 future NFL draft picks there last night, maybe 10+

@TheSmartWay said:

@RSDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

The athletes all go to silver dollar bar. There were > 5 future NFL draft picks there last night, maybe 10+

Thanks man, I don't even remember what that was in my day, but as I recall most of the FB hit the bars on Clayton Street back then.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:

@RSDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Are they not chasing freshman and sophomore girls at bourbon anymore?