Mekhail Sherman 2020

tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can we pull him away from OSU?

Comments

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Possible. So much change so quickly

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell right now what are the odds we land this young stud ?

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Adding this guy to our OLB room would be AMAZING. He looks like and absolute animal not just getting to the qb, but shedding blockers and BLOWING UP rb's. The talent depth with this guy to go with JJ, Nolan, Anderson, Cox, Ojulari, Grant, Dean, Walker, Davis, Marshall, Tindall etc is just INSANE! We are gonna put so many guys in the league just from THIS group that it will set some kind of record.

Almost 35% of his tackles last year WERE FOR A LOSS!!! With 18% of those BEING SACKS!! That's just scary good! And like Jeff said he runs a legit 4.5 at 6'3 235! In our S & C program he can without doubt run a 4.4. After watching his tape, he is my #1 want for the '20 class without question. Obviously we need a pair of stud rb's but this kid is thru the roof good! I just can't fathom us getting this kid in the same class with Bresee, Murphy, Jones etc.

Being from Maryland obviously the dirty buckeyes will have a really good shot. But @JeffSentell @SoFL_Dawg realistically what are our chances to land him as of now. Obviously with us offering only a month after osu it feels like he wouldn't have more "love" for them based on when who offered. Wilson being on him about coming to UGA certainly doesn't hurt. I'm sure this kid is a competitor. But does it matter to him that we have a room full of future pros at OLB?

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MacDawg15 said:
    Adding this guy to our OLB room would be AMAZING. He looks like and absolute animal not just getting to the qb, but shedding blockers and BLOWING UP rb's. The talent depth with this guy to go with JJ, Nolan, Anderson, Cox, Ojulari, Grant, Dean, Walker, Davis, Marshall, Tindall etc is just INSANE! We are gonna put so many guys in the league just from THIS group that it will set some kind of record.

Almost 35% of his tackles last year WERE FOR A LOSS!!! With 18% of those BEING SACKS!! That's just scary good! And like Jeff said he runs a legit 4.5 at 6'3 235! In our S & C program he can without doubt run a 4.4. After watching his tape, he is my #1 want for the '20 class without question. Obviously we need a pair of stud rb's but this kid is thru the roof good! I just can't fathom us getting this kid in the same class with Bresee, Murphy, Jones etc.

Being from Maryland obviously the dirty buckeyes will have a really good shot. But @JeffSentell @SoFL_Dawg realistically what are our chances to land him as of now. Obviously with us offering only a month after osu it feels like he wouldn't have more "love" for them based on when who offered. Wilson being on him about coming to UGA certainly doesn't hurt. I'm sure this kid is a competitor. But does it matter to him that we have a room full of future pros at OLB?

Early stages. See how next season goes and which OLBs emerge/leave.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Any favorites right now? I know CU, PSU, Bama and OSU are in it for him. But I was just curious if he has a top 5 @SoFL_Dawg .

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Any favorites right now? I know CU, PSU, Bama and OSU are in it for him. But I was just curious if he has a top 5 @SoFL_Dawg .

Def big 10 right now. Havent heard much on him and UGA. I think we’d have to lose two OLBs for it to make sense. Let’s see what happens with Beal, Grant, and Johnson this year.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Def big 10 right now. Havent heard much on him and UGA. I think we’d have to lose two OLBs for it to make sense. Let’s see what happens with Beal, Grant, and Johnson this year.

Same thoughts on Bresee? I've always felt really good about our chances with him. With what I've read, heard or interpreted; we're in his top 5 without question. What you think @SoFL_Dawg ?

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Same thoughts on Bresee? I've always felt really good about our chances with him. With what I've read, heard or interpreted; we're in his top 5 without question. What you think @SoFL_Dawg ?

No, different situation. I believe Bresee will be a Dawg.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Great news. The tea leaves I've always seen pointed to him becoming a DAWG. You got Murphy and Burton as DAWGS too as of now @SoFL_Dawg ?

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Great news. The tea leaves I've always seen pointed to him becoming a DAWG. You got Murphy and Burton as DAWGS too as of now @SoFL_Dawg ?

Yes. None of them are silents but believe all will be a Dawg. Would watch Clemson on Murphy as greatest comp. Creamsicles on Burton

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Yes. None of them are silents but believe all will be a Dawg. Would watch Clemson on Murphy as greatest comp. Creamsicles on Burton

You the man @SoFL_Dawg . I know following recruiting there's always those guys we haven't been on for at least a year or 2. Guys that end up with us and it kind of comes out of left field. You got anybody in mind that falls in there? I know alot of those things happen on or very near ESD or NSD. But was just curious if there's a stud or 2 that we are really in it for that we weren't a month or 2 ago?

And lastly, what arms are we in the best shape for?

edited January 12

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

You the man @SoFL_Dawg . I know following recruiting there's always those guys we haven't been on for at least a year or 2. Guys that end up with us and it kind of comes out of left field. You got anybody in mind that falls in there? I know alot of those things happen on or very near ESD or NSD. But was just curious if there's a stud or 2 that we are really in it for that we weren't a month or 2 ago?

One darkhorse...local event turned me on to this.
    https://247sports.com/Player/Bryan-Robinson-46047673/

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

One darkhorse...local event turned me on to this.
    https://247sports.com/Player/Bryan-Robinson-46047673/

I appreciate it brother!

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He sure is a great looking prospect for whoever lands this one. WOW!

We need offensive guys for sure in the '20 class. Not much film on BR. Good route runner and good hands but didn't look to have blazing speed. But again I only saw the 2 clips. He'd definitely be in that darkhorse category lol. Seems like it'd be tough to flip him from the U (with him making the U sign after a td.) Looks like he's almost lived on campus there as much as he's visited. Are we recruiting Gunnar Gundy?