Comments

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good size. Looks like he likes to hit. Looks like he reads the qb's eyes really good. I just saw the film against Creekside, but looked good.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wonder if that’s ILB or OLB ?

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ATLANTA - Class of 2020 Grayson quarterback CJ Dixon had an eventful summer, collecting offers from top schools across the nation.

When the season came around, however, he was relegated to QB2 duties with the Rams, but he won't be dissuaded him going forward.

“It wasn’t tough, because a good leader has to learn to be a great follower. Since [J'Kori Jones] got the starting job, I had to be a good teammate and make sure I keep him on his craft.”

The schools recruiting the four-star signal caller haven't exactly lost interest, either.

“I’d say Florida, Alabama, and Georgia [are the most consistent]," Dixon said. "They always keep it real with me. They don’t treat me like a VIP. They keep it as, 'Stay on your toes, because there’s a man working just as hard as you.'”

Does he harbor the same feelings toward the Bulldogs as he did initially upon picking up the offer?

“Always," Dixon said. "I’m a Georgia boy.”

The lure for Georgia did hinge somewhat around the recently departed Justin Fields, however.

“I like the way they run the offense. It’s not more passing or more running. It’s a flip-flop with the game. I’m comfortable with it. I wanted to see how Justin [Fields] adapts to it, because he’s more like me. I like the balance. I don’t like keeping it off balance.”

But a decision is nearing.

"I plan on committing before the spring. I’ll sit down with the family and do the pros and cons of each team," he said.

The Bulldogs are squarely in the mix.

”I’m a Georgia boy, so they’re pretty strong," Dixon said of Georgia's chances.

Meanwhile, programs continue to pour in.

“My last offers were from Minnesota, LSU, and Baylor."

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Call me old-fashioned, but a twitter handle of "David X Dope" is not endearing.

• Big_PruneBig_Prune Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

Love hearing I'm a Georgia boy and that it means something to these young men

• Jsteven82Jsteven82 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

@AnotherDawg said:

A little old fashioned — saying Dope is like saying Cool for the younger generation.

• DawgforeverDawgforever Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Already sporting Clemson colors. Maybe he'll stay home

IMO if we want Dixon, Ferguson and Walker they will ALL be DAWGS. Watched Ferguson's film last nit and that big boy is a stud! Loves Pittman and, has a cousin that should start the next 2 years, and loves the DAWGS. I'm POSITIVE Pitt boss brings in Ferguson.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MacDawg15 said:
    IMO if we want Dixon, Ferguson and Walker they will ALL be DAWGS. Watched Ferguson's film last nit and that big boy is a stud! Loves Pittman and, has a cousin that should start the next 2 years, and loves the DAWGS. I'm POSITIVE Pitt boss brings in Ferguson.

Not really high on Dixon atm. Think he needs to have a great senior year.

I agree @SoFL_Dawg . Just meant IF we didn't get our guy/guys, he'd be a backup plan.

@Jsteven82 said:

@AnotherDawg said:

A little old fashioned — saying Dope is like saying Cool for the younger generation.

Yes, I'm aware. That only makes it slightly less annoying.

@AnotherDawg said:

@Jsteven82 said:

@AnotherDawg said:

If this were the 1940's, 1960's, 1980's, or 2000's, and a high school player named Jim Smith made himself a t-shirt that he wore around with "Jimmy Cool Breeze" printed on it, he would be laughed at, probably get his @$$ beat, and no major program would recruit him. But we live in a different era.

If this were the 1940's, 1960's, 1980's, or 2000's, and a high school player named Jim Smith made himself a t-shirt that he wore around with "Jimmy Cool Breeze" printed on it, he would be laughed at, probably get his @$$ beat, and no major program would recruit him. But we live in a different era.

That sounds like a very 70s thing to do. I am picturing a 6’3 starting QB with a feathery blond mullet wearing Ray Ban Aviator knock-offs and a ringer t-shirt or sweatshirt with those iron-on letters on it where the color combo doesn’t quite match, “J Kool Breeze” on the front.

DUDE I am signing that guy up! Might even take him in the 1st round of the DRAFT. He’s confident, has a keen, yet frugal, fashion sense. Gets all the girls. Got a posse of sycophants who wear the same style. Hence no beatings. Arm built like a cybernetic Lockheed Martin prototype. Might even be able to climb the pocket under pressure. Probably even kisses his mom on the cheek after getting home from school.

I am picturing Ronnie “Sunshine” Bass of T.C. Williams/ USCjr fame crossed with the entire cast of Dazed and Confused. About right!?!

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2021 TE Cane Berrong- Hartwell, Ga
    6'4.5 220lb
    LSU just offered, his first
    http://www.hudl.com/video/3/8132880/5bad8e127bd2a308e44021d1

@Jsteven82 said:

That sounds like a very 70s thing to do. I am picturing a 6’3 starting QB with a feathery blond mullet wearing Ray Ban Aviator knock-offs and a ringer t-shirt or sweatshirt with those iron-on letters on it where the color combo doesn’t quite match, “J Kool Breeze” on the front.

DUDE I am signing that guy up! Might even take him in the 1st round of the DRAFT. He’s confident, has a keen, yet frugal, fashion sense. Gets all the girls. Got a posse of sycophants who wear the same style. Hence no beatings. Arm built like a cybernetic Lockheed Martin prototype. Might even be able to climb the pocket under pressure. Probably even kisses his mom on the cheek after getting home from school.

I am picturing Ronnie “Sunshine” Bass of T.C. Williams/ USCjr fame crossed with the entire cast of Dazed and Confused. About right!?!

You have persuaded me! Would be funny if this kid turned out to be my favorite player. Well done sir.

@AnotherDawg if we could only grow’m in a test tube. Less stress for us fans.

I’ve followed recruiting for a long time, but there is something about these recent recruiting cycles that rubs me the wrong way. Kids trolling other schools. Players talking excrement about other schools after they sign. 5⭐️ QBs transferring at the drop of a hat. Coaches leaving programs after building relationships with kids since the 8th grade.

We are swimming in deep waters as a fanbase with these recruits, but the badmouthing and drama should cease.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:
    6'4.5 220lb

Hartley was just named TE coach and he was also the lead recruiter on Berrong for Miami. Still a long way to go but a lot of positive signs there

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:

@Acrum21 said:
    6'4.5 220lb

Hartley was just named TE coach and he was also the lead recruiter on Berrong for Miami. Still a long way to go but a lot of positive signs there

I LOVE the Hartley hire!