Sarkisian back to Bama

greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s weird how quick Saban is running through coordinators. This year alone, two guys who coulda been his OC said no thanks, I’ll take the same position at another school.

Is Alabama just not paying their coordinators as much as other places?

• UgadawginbamaUgadawginbama Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

I live just across the state line in bama close to oxford. The bama fans are walking a little less tall now after the clemson game. They have been beat before but never like that under nick. Stark had some serious weapons with the falcons and regressed from the previous year each year he was oc. If we are ever to dethrone bama 19 is our year to do it. Alabama is going to be a mess on defense next year with as many as 7 starters going pro. I truly believe hurts is the better qb as well and he will be gone to. I hope we buckle up and dethrone the tide now os our time.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    It’s weird how quick Saban is running through coordinators. This year alone, two guys who coulda been his OC said no thanks, I’ll take the same position at another school.

I didnt think that was what happened. Is there a link to a story that says a single person turned down the chance to be a coordinator for Saban? I highly doubt it. Sarkisian reportedly turned down a chance to be the OC with the Az Cardinals to go back to Bama and Saban. That does not fit the narrative that people dont want to work for Saban. The opposite is true. No place is more of a stepping stone to being a HC.

I suggested Sark as our OC and it got down voted to oblivion by the same numbskulls who thought Chaney was bad. Sarkisian is also one of the best recruiters in the business. He is a great coach with a history of alcohol problems. That is his only downfall, but it appears he has control of thise issues.

If Enos turned down Bama for Miami then he also turned down Kirby. Should have never made Coley the co-OC. It made it so we couldnt offer full control of the offense to a new hire, and made the job less attractive to anyone with real championship credentials.

It was a Ray Goff/Jim Donnan type move.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

I didnt think that was what happened. Is there a link to a story that says a single person turned down the chance to be a coordinator for Saban? I highly doubt it. Sarkisian reportedly turned down a chance to be the OC with the Az Cardinals to go back to Bama and Saban. That does not fit the narrative that people dont want to work for Saban. The opposite is true. No place is more of a stepping stone to being a HC.

I suggested Sark as our OC and it got down voted to oblivion by the same numbskulls who thought Chaney was bad. Sarkisian is also one of the best recruiters in the business. He is a great coach with a history of alcohol problems. That is his only downfall, but it appears he has control of thise issues.

If Enos turned down Bama for Miami then he also turned down Kirby. Should have never made Coley the co-OC. It made it so we couldnt offer full control of the offense to a new hire, and made the job less attractive to anyone with real championship credentials.

Other than that though how was it?

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That bandwagon getting lighter.

• donmdonm Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

Interesting post. Thanks.

@Kasey said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

Other than that though how was it?

Im a little surly this morning. LOL

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, not very many people want to b openly berated in front of literally millions of people on National TV. Alabama is showing some cracks in the foundation. 😀😀😀

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I give Sark 2 years there until he is hire away as a HC.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope he’s working the steps, otherwise the steps will work him. Bama will potentially have one big (mid season?) mess on their hands. Isn’t that EXACTLY what happened back in his fall from grace at USC???

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All dynasties eventually crumble.

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can’t believe he turned down a pro offensive coordinator job for the Bama gig. Shows he doesn’t think the NFL game is a fit for him.

The only reason I can think of that he went to Bama over the NFL job is that he’s planning on being in line for the HC position when Saban retires. I’m not saying he will get it, but maybe he knows something we don’t?

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Ugadawginbama said:
    I live just across the state line in bama close to oxford. The bama fans are walking a little less tall now after the clemson game. They have been beat before but never like that under nick. Stark had some serious weapons with the falcons and regressed from the previous year each year he was oc. If we are ever to dethrone bama 19 is our year to do it. Alabama is going to be a mess on defense next year with as many as 7 starters going pro. I truly believe hurts is the better qb as well and he will be gone to. I hope we buckle up and dethrone the tide now os our time.

I live in oxford.

• finesse92finesse92 Posts: 71 ✭✭ Sophomore

@Jinx55 said:
    Can’t believe he turned down a pro offensive coordinator job for the Bama gig. Shows he doesn’t think the NFL game is a fit for him.

Or he thinks there’s far more benificial knowledge to be learned under Nick Saban. I mean it’s not like he’s one of the most accomplished coaches of all time or anything

• UgadawginbamaUgadawginbama Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

@BamaDawg said:

@Ugadawginbama said:

I live in oxford.

I live in heflin just right beside you.

• DuckDawg25DuckDawg25 Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Ugadawginbama said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Ugadawginbama said:

I live in oxford.

Ya'll should meet up and have a date...

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DuckDawg25 said:

@Ugadawginbama said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Ugadawginbama said:

I live in oxford.

When you are in enemy territory you need all the friends you can get.

• DuckDawg25DuckDawg25 Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BamaDawg said:

@DuckDawg25 said:

@Ugadawginbama said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Ugadawginbama said:

I live in oxford.

When you are in enemy territory you need all the friends you can get.

That's why I said that. I live in Chattanooga, so it's not too bad for me. UTjr fans are tucked up under their rocks.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Ugadawginbama said:

Depends on how well we adjust to losing our OC and our DC. If we don't really mess with the schemes all that much on both sides of the ball, then, yes...If we change both schemes and are learning something new both ways, then it will be a 'learning season' where we will probably lose some games.

Interesting to see how Sark does here. Will he be more inclined to passing than we saw with the Falcons? Will Bama still lose Harris? It would seem Sark wants back on the college HC role. This is his fastest path to get there with Bama on his resume. Can’t say he is wrong.

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

As a falcons guy Im not a huge fan but its pretty sad to see ppl make fun of his alcoholism. That shiit is no joke

@sauceddawg said:
    As a falcons guy Im not a huge fan but its pretty sad to see ppl make fun of his alcoholism. That shiit is no joke

I see no such post of anyone making even the slightest off color remark about his drinking problems.

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Bankwalker said:

@sauceddawg said:

I see no such post of anyone making even the slightest off color remark about his drinking problems.

this is the wrong thread, in the previous thread about it the starting post made a crack about it.

@sauceddawg said:

Agree. Btw, someone else had started a thread with the same heading a couple of days after this one was going. 🙄

• RoyGaffRoyGaff Posts: 25 ✭ Freshman

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

Indeed.