George pickens is a dawg!

judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is where Kirby’s at his best, it’s closing time. Come on down george Pickens!

Also never doubting Kirby again (even though we shouldn’t have in the first place)

Comments

• Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beat you to it

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like @joe_n_stef was the winner.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Mia_Dade06 said:
    Beat you to it

Your cookie should be coming out of the oven any minute..

• Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

@judasdurant said:

@Mia_Dade06 said:
    Beat you to it

Your cookie should be coming out of the oven any minute..

Medium chip , not too close to the edges

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 11,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How did we let Bo Nix get away ?
    We landed 2 out of the 3 Alabama 5 star players, Nix needs to jump in the portal..pronto.

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is he JUCO bound

• ColumboColumbo Posts: 178 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 6

• RednBlackinCantonRednBlackinCanton Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Love this, anything today is just extra icing on the cake. Looks like Kirby swiped a big ol scoop off auburn's dessert.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    How did we let Bo Nix get away ?
    We landed 2 out of the 3 Alabama 5 star players, Nix needs to jump in the portal..pronto.

He’s a five star QB if he’s not handed starting job halfway through spring practice he needs to do what’s best for him and his family

• orlandoorlando Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So no academic concerns with Pickens ?

• RobbieRob14RobbieRob14 Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior

Even if he is JUCO bound, does this help our chances with Ashford?

• ColumboColumbo Posts: 178 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He might be a JUCO for a year, but a year from now he won't be playing for Auburn.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 287 ✭✭✭ Junior

@jay_kubzz said:
    Is he JUCO bound

That’s what the word has been for a few months. We should all wait to hear reactions from SoFlo and the DN journalists before getting too excited here. There is a genuine chance he never matriculates at UGA.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was definitely thinking this was a miss with all the experts saying he was going ot Auburn. What a pleasant surprise.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daaaaaaaam! Kirby is Jedi.

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope it doesn’t pan out the same way Nadab has

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BOOM!

• SECFan13SECFan13 Posts: 113 ✭✭ Sophomore

He could not qualify academically at Florida-can he get into Georgia?

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hmmmm. This might get a lil interesting after all. I thought ESD had taken the joy out of today. I'm on cloud nine now! Need some DBs!!

• RDDawgRDDawg Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is he signed or committed?

• ClemTownClemTown Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

@RDDawg said:
    Is he signed or committed?

I believe he signed, but he will probably have to go the JUCO route for a year in order to qualify. I can’t confirm this, though, just heresay

• TBbenTBben Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

This is no different than Nadab Joseph last year. Its just a recruiting rankings stat booster. Hope i'm wrong, but who knows if hell ever be a Dawg.

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@TBben said:
    This is no different than Nadab Joseph last year. Its just a recruiting rankings stat booster. Hope i'm wrong, but who knows if hell ever be a Dawg.

A little different...Nadab had NO chance to qualify, but George does if he puts in the work...plus, even if he doesn't qualify, I would think he would be a candidate to do what Wyatt & Walthour have done...1 semester JC and back to Athens...then there are the optics of going into Alabama and taking 2 of it's top prospects, with Robbie Ashford now having someone he is close with heading to UGA...the recruiting rankings bump is just cherry topping

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would have loved to been a fly on Pappoe's wall when he heard the news of Kirby's huge flip of Pickens.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@superdawg said:

@TBben said:

A little different...Nadab had NO chance to qualify, but George does if he puts in the work...plus, even if he doesn't qualify, I would think he would be a candidate to do what Wyatt & Walthour have done...1 semester JC and back to Athens...then there are the optics of going into Alabama and taking 2 of it's top prospects, with Robbie Ashford now having someone he is close with heading to UGA...the recruiting rankings bump is just cherry topping

Yep, no one has seen nor heard of Nadab's whereabouts. Not enrolled in any schools either I don't believe.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just watched his highlights for the first time, if he qualifies...woo baby he looks like a stud.

Just based off the 30 second snippet, he didn't seem dumb, so I'd lean toward it being an effort problem. He kinda alluded towards Georgia being his school of choice but he didn't think he was going to qualify until recently. So maybe it isn't like the Nadab situation and is more like he can get in at the last minute or just go to JC for one semester.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Need to get Brian Herrien in his ear....