With WR in better shape...

BigDawgBrinkBigDawgBrink Posts: 52 ✭✭ Sophomore

How do we now see the Position of Need list for 2020?

QB
DT
OT
CB
Having a hard time thinking what would be at 5?

To see a room suddenly with Dom, Pickens, Tounge, Jackson, Holloman, Drob, and Bush it's really easy for me to see this as a strength.

Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭ Junior

TE is a big need. Will have Goede, Seither, and Fitzpatrick on scholarship.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/comment/193228#Comment_193228
    We get into position groups at the end of page 1. I'd probably rearrange mine like:
    DL
    QB
    RB
    OT
    DB/TE

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 6

@BigDawgBrink said:

QB
    DT
    OT
    CB

To see a room suddenly with Dom, Pickens, Tounge, Jackson, Holloman, Drob, and Bush it's really easy for me to see this as a strength.

Thoughts?

Landers, Blount, Simmons?

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Drob and Holloman could both be gone in 2012, Pickens may never get enrolled at UGA, and they rest of our WRs are unproven. Would still call WR a big position of need.

@coastaldawg said:
    Drob and Holloman could both be gone in 2012, Pickens may never get enrolled at UGA, and they rest of our WRs are unproven. Would still call WR a big position of need.

2012 was 7 years ago ;)

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 870 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgBrink said:

QB
    DT
    OT
    CB

Thoughts?

RB up there as well. Herrien will be gone, Swift likely gone. No idea what to expect from Zeus at this point.

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 6

I'd felt a little better about our QB depth if we could have held on to Plumlee. Now, if Fromm (God forbid) were to get hurt, we'll have a true freshman who has never taken a snap in a cfb and a former walk-on, scout team player to take us on a, supposed, national championship run. That's a little unnerving. Here's hoping that Fromm don't play with any fishing lures over the summer.

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DCochran said:
    I'd felt a little better about our QB depth if we could have held on to Plumlee. Now, if Fromm (God forbid) were to get hurt, we'll have a true freshman who has never taken a snap in a cfb and a former walk-on, scout team player to take us on a, supposed, national championship run. That's a little unnerving. Here's hoping that Fromm don't play with any fishing lure over the summer.

How many other programs out there would be in a similar situation with it being almost impossible to hold onto a solid back-up QB? Of the major contenders only Clemson comes to mind with Chase Brice, but even he has limited experience.

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DawgNut said:

@DCochran said:
    I'd felt a little better about our QB depth if we could have held on to Plumlee. Now, if Fromm (God forbid) were to get hurt, we'll have a true freshman who has never taken a snap in a cfb and a former walk-on, scout team player to take us on a, supposed, national championship run. That's a little unnerving. Here's hoping that Fromm don't play with any fishing lure over the summer.

How many other programs out there would be in a similar situation with it being almost impossible to hold onto a solid back-up QB? Of the major contenders only Clemson comes to mind with Chase Brice, but even he has limited experience.

True I suppose.

@DCochran said:
    I'd felt a little better about our QB depth if we could have held on to Plumlee. Now, if Fromm (God forbid) were to get hurt, we'll have a true freshman who has never taken a snap in a cfb and a former walk-on, scout team player to take us on a, supposed, national championship run. That's a little unnerving. Here's hoping that Fromm don't play with any fishing lures over the summer.

not going fishing is like telling a dog not to chew a bone though lol

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 327 ✭✭✭ Junior

I see the mailman is still not getting any respect

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Theres a lot of inexperience in that WR room so I wouldn't say it is a strength quite yet, but by seasons in it very well could b.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seasons end, sorry.