Where do we stand after today?

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Question for @Denmen185 - after a quick glance of prior roster and adding the 19 class - I find 84 schlorship players. Is this correct?

I also show 64 blue chip and 20 3* or lower for a 76% blue chip ratio. Is this close to being correct?

(Although Stokes, Rice, Reed, Blankenship, Kindley, Marshal, Crowder and Jordan Davis are not part of that blue chip group)

Comments

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I counted 85 (Seither), but I could be wrong.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@texdawg said:
    Question for @Denmen185 - after a quick glance of prior roster and adding the 19 class - I find 84 schlorship players. Is this correct?

I also show 64 blue chip and 20 3* or lower for a 76% blue chip ratio. Is this close to being correct?

(Although Stokes, Rice, Reed, Blankenship, Kindley, Marshal, Crowder and Jordan Davis are not part of that blue chip group)

That list of 3 star players says a lot regarding the ability of the staff as talent evaluators.

Yes. And I ignorantly forgot to mention Herrien.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe it's now time to finally stick a fork in it (I think) and (maybe?) we're done for 2019 now?

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My question would be: when does grad transfers scholarship run out? Is Jay Hays counting against the 85 right now?

@christopherules said:
    I believe it's now time to finally stick a fork in it (I think) and (maybe?) we're done for 2019 now?

Maybe, but there could still be 1-2 grad transfers added.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is Marshall long still on scholly? He may be a candidate for medical DQ to get back to 85, amongst others after spring ball that may transfer if they’re still 3rd or 4th string.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I still have Long on scholarship in the absence of information to the contrary. I expect a few to enter the portal after spring practice especially DB and OL as the depth chart solidifies. The transfers won't be finalized until Spring semester grades are published and academic eligibility known. This occurs mid May

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe you are correct and that Long will be a rs jr next season. It’s possible he is the punter in 2020 after Hot Rod is gone if Camarda takes over placekicking duties. (Not saying that will happen) I doubt the staff wants the same guy handling both punts and placekicking. I have wondered why Long wasnt already Med DQ’d. He either refuses to take one or the staff thinks he has value. He should be on path to graduate next year, too.

edited February 8

I'd love to know who I'm missing. I only have us at 84. You didn't count Wyatt or Walthour twice @Denmen185 ? Since they signed but never enrolled, then enrolled the following year? Just trying to figure out where I've gone wrong.

• FuzzyDawgFuzzyDawg Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

UGA with Big Bad Wolf and Long gone...85

Roster breakdown...(from our friends at 24/7)

Just for the heck of it, here is how the Bulldogs' roster, as it stands, is broken down by position. We've included the 24 signees and Wolf.

Quarterback (3): Jake Fromm (Jr.), Stetson Bennett (RSoph.), Dwan Mathis (Fr.)

Running Back (5): Brian Herrien (Sr.), D'Andre Swift (Jr), James Cook (Soph.), Zamir White (RFr.), Kenny McIntosh (Fr.)

Tight End (5): Eli Wolf (Grad), Charlie Woerner (Sr.), John FitzPatrick (RFr), Ryland Goede (Fr.), Brett Seither (Fr.)

Wide Receiver (10): Tyler Simmons (Sr.), Demetris Robertson (RJr.), Jeremiah Holloman (Jr.), Trey Blount (Jr.), Matt Landers (RSoph.), Kearis Jackson (RFr.), Tommy Bush (RFr.), Makiya Tongue (Fr.), Dominick Blaylock (Fr.), George Pickens (Fr.)

Offensive Tackle (7): D'Marcus Hayes (RSr.) Andrew Thomas (Jr.), Isaiah Wilson (RSoph.), Cade Mays (Soph.), Owen Condon (RFr.), Warren McClendon (Fr.), Xavier Truss (Fr.)

Offensive Guard (4): Ben Cleveland (RJr.), Solomon Kindley (RJr.), Justin Shaffer (Jr.), Jamaree Salyer (Soph.)

Center (3): Trey Hill (Soph.), Warren Ericson (RFr.), Clay Webb (Fr.)

Defensive Tackle (11): Michael Barnett (Grad), Tyler Clark (Sr.) Julian Rochester (Sr.), Michail Carter (Sr.), Devonte Wyatt (Jr.), Netori Johnson (RSoph.) Jordan Davis (Soph.), Tramel Walthour (Soph.), Travon Walker (Fr.), Zion Logue (Fr.), Tymon Mitchell (Fr.)

Defensive End (4): Justin Young (RSr.), David Marshall (Sr.), Malik Herring (Jr.), Bill Norton (Fr.)

Outside Linebacker (7): Walter Grant (Jr.), Jermaine Johnson (Jr.), Robert Beal (RSoph.), Adam Anderson (Soph.), Brenton Cox (Soph.), Azeez Ojulari (RFr.), Nolan Smith (Fr.) 

Inside Linebacker (9): Tae Crowder (RSr.), Monty Rice (Jr.), Nate McBride (Jr.), Jaden Hunter (RSoph.), Channing Tindall (Soph.), Quay Walker (Soph.), Nakobe Dean (Fr.), Trezmen Marshall (Fr.), Rian Davis (Fr.)

Cornerback (8): Mark Webb (Jr.), William Poole III (Jr.), DJ Daniel (Jr.) Ameer Speed (RSoph.), Eric Stokes (RSoph.), Tyson Campbell (Soph.), Divaad Wilson (RFr.), Tyrique Stevenson (Fr.)

Safety (7): J.R. Reed (Grad), Tyrique McGhee (Sr.), Richard LeCounte (Jr.), Latavious Brini (RSoph.), Otis Reese (Soph.) Chris Smith (Soph.), Lewis Cine (Fr.)

Place-Kicker (1): Rodrigo Blankenship (Grad)

Punter (1): Jake Camarda (Soph.)

Offense: 37

Defense: 46

Special Teams: 2

• SouthGA_DawgSouthGA_Dawg Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

I read this article and there saying that Tray Bishop will not be on scholarship for next season.

• FuzzyDawgFuzzyDawg Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

Correct. Bishop is (allegedly) in the Portal and likely gone. He's NOT included in above numbers...

The article also referenced a couple of players who may ultimately medically retire or move on. I don't want to wish anything bad on any of the Dawgs, so let's let that play out with spring ball.

As much as I hate to admit, I wasn't counting Blakenship because he was a former walk on. Someone slap me

Consider yourself slapped......on the face. Wanted to be clear.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FuzzyDawg They are just STACKED!!! Georgia Head Coach Kirby Smart and Co. are JUST STACKING TALENT, DEPTH, SIZE, and SPEED like club sandwiches!!!!

My list. Let me know if you see an error

Scholarships by class/position and blue chips similarly. Note I Have Tongue at TE and some may be counted as Soph but are RFr