Cager

joeyww12000joeyww12000 Posts: 115 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dude looks like a beast. His stats were decent given he’s coming from Miami. He seems to be very motivated on the field from the looks of his highlights. Seems to have that edge I like to see from a wide reciever. What do you all think? I believe we are going to be just fine at WR.

Comments

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

solid WR. solid but unproven WR corp. someone is going to have to step up. someone WILL step up. don’t know who it’s going to be yet in addition to D-Rob and Holloman.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 9

I'm pulling for Holloman AND D-Rob to step up. I hope they can both can get atleast 700 yrds.

• MiddleDawgMiddleDawg Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore

It feels like we're in great shape - better than most think.

• Great experience with Fromm
    • Holloman, Simmons are leaders that know the system
    • DRob to come on strong after a year in the program (S&C)
    • Now Cager with Power 5 experience. He looks the part
    • Swift, Herrien, Cook can all catch and Coley will use the backs in passing game this year
    • Woerner is solid..someone else at TE will emerge
    • Jackson, Bush, Landers should be ready to contribute
    • Freshman studs in Pickens, Blaylock, Tongue
    • O-line that will be better than last year

A little light on experience, but how can you say we're not elite? The Clemsons and Bamas are playing underclassman...I think Coley will too as needed.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 9

Cager is a great addition and will definitely get some red zone targets.

I think Holloman is the real deal. Wouldn't be surprised to see him lead the team with 800 yds and 8 TD's.

I have high hopes for D-Rob but zero expectations.

We have crazy depth with Simmons, Jackson, Bush, Landers, Blount. Not enough balls in the air to keep all those guys happy, but I guess it's a good problem to have.

Honestly don't see how the freshmen can break into the rotation, unless one of them turns out to be a generational player (like AJ Green).

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

what is the most interesting is his first 5 games of 2018

9 receptions for 207 yards and 6 touchdowns in the first 5 games

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 79 ✭✭ Sophomore

He looks like a Dawg to me. I am happy we were able to get him.

• DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

You go Mr. Lawrence Cager!!! This is UR path to the next level. Here's wishing you good health, and keep UR nose clean :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xoqfyY_ud8

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If DRob buys in on the blocking he'll be targeted enough to make some noise.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Casanova_Flatulence I hope you're right. A break-out year for D-Rob and a healthy year for Zeus are two of the very best things we can hope for this season.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 404 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think we are to hung up on experience. There's only one way to get experience. Got to let these guys have a chance to prove themselves.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Am I the only one that thinks WR blocking is over-rated. It seems to me that going downfield and taking the CB and sometimes the S with you creates more space for the runner/receiver out of the backfield. Even in goal line situations I feel that keeping receivers wide gives the runner room rather having 22 players inside the hash marks. I found it very frustrating last season to see Stanley in at WR knowing it mean't run 100% of the time.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Idk if it’s CKS or CJCh but I don’t know if I can make it one more year with our offense not performing to it’s potential. Idc what the numbers say blah blah, if you think that our offense was as good as it should have been last year you’re crazy.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭ Junior

While I understand Stanley and his use in our offense, man am I glad to see his type of receiver be a thing of the past.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Receiver blocking is incredibly important. You don't want a receiver on the field that can't block.

If it's a willingness issue, you don't want that kid on the team.

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So many in the video game age simply don't understand the details of winning football....

• DawgforeverDawgforever Posts: 283 ✭✭✭ Junior

Receiver blocking is extremely important on run plays but I completely agree with @DawgNut