Who replaces Nick Saban when he retires?

deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 404 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My vote is Jeremy Pruitt

Who replaces Nick Saban when he retires? 89 votes

Jeremy Pruitt
22%
BamaDawgUGADAWG4LifeCZCashvilleDawgtfk_fanboylevanderMidnite_TrainGaJoe1950AgDawgAndersonDawgJoshJStanbrentwilsonefreeman3SquillDawgBengalDawgWCDawgHumbleYourselfbenjaminwgreggdeutcshland_dawgDoubleDanelCVegasDawg 20 votes
Jimbo Fishcer
7%
GAFANINTNpgjacksonjay_kubzzClemTownThisDawgMeR3htidsanforddawg 7 votes
Dabo Swinney
31%
RetiredRedcoatamjadawgsBullyDawgColaDawg86BiffLowmanTheSmartWayDenmen185MarkBoknechtDawgsofWarBigDawg747christopherulesgreshamdiscoPeachCoDawgJRT812Goldawg86WildDawgjudasdurantPharmDawg2054allywsflanagan21 28 votes
Kirby Smart
1%
DuckDawg25 1 vote
Lane Kiffin
2%
manateedaveBlessYourHeart 2 votes
Someone Else
34%
donmbull68dawgAcrum21JoelSidneyKellyPalm_City_Dawgwillpruden3insertusernameherebigdawg2223DawgBonesMIghtydawgDawg0924Dawgsince76Kaseyugafan396MiddleDawgSoFL_DawgRed_N_BlackMuffingodRazor2027RobbieRob14 31 votes

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Someone Else

Won't be Dabo. Dooley never went home to Auburn, can't see Dabo going home to Bama. They will make him an offer, but can't see him taking it.

Not Kirby either. Not Jimbo. Pruitt is probably the next call if he actually accomplishes something at Tennessee. Maybe Kiffin if they get desperate enough

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 12
    Jeremy Pruitt

I think JP will turn alot of heads at UT and come into his own. Unfortunately for the Vols, he will be the hottest name on the market right when Saban steps down

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 12
    Someone Else

I would certainly not rule out the potential hire of a current or ex NFL coach. And I don't necessarily mean HC.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 404 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Jeremy Pruitt

Good point, I don't follow the NFL closely enough to know who's good and who's not but I do know enough to hope Jeff Fishcer becomes the next coach at Bama

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Dabo Swinney

I think dabo. I would imagine it would be hard to turn down bama money and the bama package

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Someone Else

Of those listed I think Pruitt would be most likely. But, as @corai3 pointed out, nobody wants to be the first three loss Bama coach post Saban. It may depend on whether or not Saban loses some shine before retiring, a la Bobby Bowden->Jimbo Fisher.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jeremy Pruitt

Pruitt will do well enough at UT to get the call when Saban retires. However, his agonistic style will not set well with the Bama power brokers and he will slowly drag the program down.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Kirby and company and Dabo and company will dominate college football for the next 10-20 years.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Someone Else

I wonder if Saban might find someone that he would groom as his replacement, still not sure I'd want that job.

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 327 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Someone Else

He’s currently coaching for UGA

• donmdonm Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Someone Else

Todd Hartley?

• skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Dawg76 was meaning Kirby,

as in Kirby was HCIW @ Bama , he did stay longer than any other assistant....

they will come after him hard no doubt

• mmoondawgmmoondawg Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

It doesn’t matter who it is, Bama when come back down to reality. Looking forward to seeing that happen, along with everyone else across the country other than Bama fans.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 11,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jeremy Pruitt

Swinney and Kirby will get feelers. If both turn down the job I think Pruitt will get the call.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree that Dabo and Kirby stay where they are now. I'm doubtful anyone of those named would want to follow Saban. Fisher to me would be the most likely of the bunch. I guess it depends on when Saban retires. If TAM has not taken off, or has plateaued, I can see Jimbo jumping ship for the money they will throw at him. But man, which big name, currently successful coach would want to follow Saban?

• brady01brady01 Posts: 137 ✭✭✭ Junior

Butch Jones...

😂😂😂

• Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 235 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Someone Else

Here's the way I see it:

July 23rd 2020 - Saban hires a now recovered Urban Meyer as an analyst

Feb 7th 2021 - Saban names Urban Meyer as new Ala. Offensive Coordinator

Dec 11th 2021 - Saban announces his retirement to be effective Immediately after the Tides upcoming Birmingham Bowl game against Kennesaw State

Dec 18th 2021 - After an intensive nationwide search Alabama selects Urban Meyer as It's new Head Coach

Jan. 3rd 2022 - Head coach Urban Meyer announces that recently fired Florida Head Coach Dan Mullen will rejoin Meyer as new Ala. Offensive Coordinator

Jan. 4th 2022 - Head Coach Urban Meyer announces that recently fired Tenn. Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt will return to Tuscaloosa as Ala. Defensive Coordinator

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Someone Else

That's gonna be hard when Urban Liar is coaching at USC in 2020

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not Dabo or Kirby

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 12
    Jeremy Pruitt

Won’t be Dabo. How he runs things would be too much of a culture shock to a spoiled Bama program. They’ll have no desire to turn things on their head to run things the way Dabo runs things.

Wont be Kirby. Kirby is home. And UGA will match anything Bama will offer.

Fisher is a candidate. But TAMU will match anything Bama offers. And it seems like Fisher could be happy long term at TAMU.

Pruitt doesn’t seem home. Doesn’t seem like he could be happy anywhere long term. And assuming he can improve UT over the dumpster fire they currently are, that will give him the needed minimum resume. And if the UT program can consolidate into some kind of functional institution while he’s working under Fulmer, that will serve to distance Pruitt from his reputation of being hard to work with. Plus he’s an Alabama native and played football at Bama. Plus, is UT going to be willing to match what Bama will pay just for a guy who all he’s done is pull them out of the dumpster fire? Fulmer will feel like he can get another guy who’s even better. In Fulmer’s mind, nothing is too good for Tennessee.

Right now, Pruitt is the most likely guy to be the patsy who has to run the Bama program for a few years before getting fired after the legend Nick Saban completes his run.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Somebody will become coach at Bammer, nobody will "replace" Saban, ever.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jimbo Fishcer

Whatever u do leave Kirby Smart out of this!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Jeremy Pruitt

I was going to toss out Mel Tucker if things go well with the Buffs. Then I remember something about Alabama.

• WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Dabo Swinney

Dabo will be the first call Bama makes. And as much as Dabo loves Clemson, there's truly no place like home. Not sure whether CDS would take it, but he'll absolutely get the right of first refusal.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It wont be Kirby.

But I just hope it's not pretty and I get to witness it. Complete meltdown by the fanbase would be nice.

• Dawg94Dawg94 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Someone Else

Dan Quinn

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Someone Else

I think Willie Martinez replaces Saban!

• LORLOR Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Someone Else

Hard to say considering new coaching names pop up every year or two. No disrespect, but who can say they heard of Lanning 3 years ago? As hard as it will be to replace Saban I would bet the team he leaves behind will be loaded. There will be no shortage of interested coaches.