DawgNation Daily 469: Will Nick Chubb and Sony Michel form the country’s best RB duo?

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 902 mod
edited June 15 in Football

On episode No. 469 (June 15, 2017) of the @DawgNationDaily podcast, Georgia Bulldogs fans can hear a discussion about an ESPN writer’s opinion that UGA running backs Nick Chubb and Sony Michel are the best pair of running backs in the country.

Georgia football podcast: Will Nick Chubb and Sony Michel form the country’s best RB duo?

Beginning of the show: I explain why an ESPN writer believes Nick Chubb and Sony Michel will combine to lead UGA’s rushing attack to a prolific performance this season, and I’ll share audio from former Georgia coach Jim Donnan who cautions fans to remember the one thing Chubb and Michel need to fulfill their full potential.

10 minute mark: SEC Country’s Mike Johnson joins the show. Some of the topics covered include…

• The outlook for Chubb and Michel
  • Whether outside linebackers Lorenzo Carter and Davin Bellamy can add significantly to their 2016 sack total
  • Kirby Smart’s chances of winning a national championship
  • And the strange comments from earlier in the week from former Auburn coach Pat Dye

25 minute mark: I take a look at some of the other SEC headlines including 4-star athlete Kyler McMichael announcing his top six, Tennessee Butch Jones defending his job performance in a radio interview, and an ESPN analyst predicting Mississippi State quarterback Nick Fitzgerald will become a first-round pick in the NFL draft.

End of show: I provide a programming note about next week’s shows

https://soundcloud.com/dawgnation-daily/episode-469-will-nick-chubb-and-sony-michel-form-countrys-best-rb-duo

Comments

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 344 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike's comments about the OL getting better by way of the weight was spot on. Kirby knew after his Bama D came to Athens & totally **** our OL, we had to get bigger & stronger. If I remember right, that was something Kirby spoke to at his intro press conference. We've heard during the spring how the team as a whole looked bigger & players talking about being stronger. Coach Sinclair seems to have taken it up a notch or two.
    Also, I really like hearing Coach Donnan. I know he's had some bad press in the past years, but I have always liked him. Every interview I've listened to w/him, he's always saying "our team" or "our state". Hope to hear more from him BA.

• DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophmore

Daddy Dawg, Thanks for the comment. I really enjoyed Coach Donnan this week too. And I thought Mike's comment was spot on as well. And of course, I really appreciate you listening to the show.

Ba.