Is there a Georgia - Clemson / McMichael - Monday Connection?

tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saw that Clemson offered Quindarious Monday this month. Given that Dabo and company have limited numbers, can they take both Kyler and Quindarious? Or, on the other hand, does this mean that Kyler is heading our way and informed the coaching staff in Death Valley? Perhaps Clemson has now prioritized Monday at the expense of McMichael. I have to say that if Clemson is no longer in the Kyler McMichael Sweepstakes, I REALLY like our chances to land Kyler. Maybe there's no relation between the recruitment of the two. Anyone care to speculate, pontificate, or bloviate?

http://247sports.com/Player/Quindarious-Monday-89772
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/220684/kyler-mcmichael

P.S. Is Kyler's picture in announcing his top 6 a coincidence or is there a hidden- Commit to the G!- meaning? Am I the only one who noticed this?

Comments

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Noticed the trophy in the picture and that Monday is now trending to Clemson now that he has his offer. Would love to land Kyler with this class.

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 344 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bloviate! LOL You would think/ hope the trophy has some meaning, not just coincidence. As you've said before, signing Smith, McMicheal, Dean & hopefully Johnson would be great. Oh, almost forgot Wildgoose!

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@spradlin24 said:
    Noticed the trophy in the picture and that Monday is now trending to Clemson now that he has his offer. Would love to land Kyler with this class.

You nailed exactly what I was referring to. Monday is trending to Clemson- and away from Auburn. If we can' t land him, I'll take that. And if that helps us with Kyler, then that's a win win: a 2 for 2. I do think there's something to that trophy he has in his possession on that Twitter pic.

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 963 admin

Monday = More of a safety type
    McMichael = Definitely a corner type.

I know. I know. Elite defenses want guys that can do it all and not have to sub in and out when guys go up-tempo. Monday is very skilled. I thought he was one of the state's Top 5 DB's when I saw him back at Rising Seniors last December. Feel the same way about McMichael, too.

I wouldn't presume that any new developments with QM automatically means this with KM.