How yall see this QB deal playing out?

SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Snoop wants to know

How yall see this QB deal playing out? 48 votes

Fields commits to G
31%
GeorgiaDawgs912godawgs17BamaDawgamjadawgs313DAWGBullyDawgbobbypiperColDawgCarlos74dtf53godawgsshooterboi1017justinmryoungdawg14RWPDawg2330 15 votes
Coral commits to G
54%
RetiredRedcoatBigGAdawgBradDogdawghouseHankdawgnmsReeldawgdaddydawg72tiger_62082Palm_City_DawgCZCashvilleDawgNoogaDawgTdub0199georgiaboycf_ugamanmoosJJandJjaynole81dawgPoundCake 26 votes
Fields and Coral commit to G
2%
cliffhanger 1 vote
Neither commit to G
12%
SavageDawg17mattmd2levanderSnoopDawghashmarkThelordjohnson 6 votes

Comments

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,317 mod
    Neither commit to G

Tapped wrong option, meant to vote for Fields!

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Coral commits to G

Although I prefer Fields and think he could be better than Watson, Corral seems more likely (at this point). The recent offer to a 2018 tight end at Long Beach Poly is further anecdotal evidence that we're preparing for all scenarios. We could find out soon enough because I wouldn't be surprised if Justin commits before the end of summer. He'll likely choose between us, Florida State, and Florida; I don't see Auburn as a serious contender at this time. At the end of the day, being able to land one of two five star QBs is a lot better than where we were a few weeks ago at that position. Whoever comes in should redshirt - as should Fromm IMHO.

• booneyspencebooneyspence Posts: 92 ✭✭ Sophmore

We definitely need a dual threat QB, college football and the CFPs has been dominated by DTs, FIELDS is a must!

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 18
    Fields commits to G

I seem to be in the minority. I think we get fields .... However my biggest fear is that we float corral along til he commits elsewhere and then we lose fields .... That would **** big time

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 113 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Fields commits to G

Alabama will be all in on Corral and unfortunately I think they will land him

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 287 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Coral commits to G

I vote for this even though it's not my preferred outcome. I prefer Fields for reasons stated elsewhere on this board, but the question wasn't about preference. It was about likelihood.

• hashmarkhashmark Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophmore
    Neither commit to G

hey snoop usc is in your area why did corral de commit

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fields seems to be FSU bound and Coral has been fond of UGA for a while. The deck is stacked at Bama just like it is at UGA so that should not be an issue. Bama also has Tua's little brother coming to Bama as a QB in 2019. He is highly rated as well. Bama is also looking to be in a good spot with Harrison Bailey in 2020 with the recent trips he has taken.

I would like to land Fields personally, but he is constantly talking about fit in the offense and FSU would be a perfect fit for him with Jimbo.

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Coral commits to G

@spradlin24 said:
    Fields seems to be FSU bound and Coral has been fond of UGA for a while. The deck is stacked at Bama just like it is at UGA so that should not be an issue. Bama also has Tua's little brother coming to Bama as a QB in 2019. He is highly rated as well. Bama is also looking to be in a good spot with Harrison Bailey in 2020 with the recent trips he has taken.

I would like to land Fields personally, but he is constantly talking about fit in the offense and FSU would be a perfect fit for him with Jimbo.

We have a lot of work to do with Harrison Bailey. He seems to be higher on Florida and Bama than us at the moment. Yikes!

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Neither commit to G

I just think we're too stacked at QB right now. Especially if Kirby decides to redshirt Fromm this fall. Not saying he will, but either situation leaves us stacked for the 2018 class. Unless these guys are just generational talents, I say we go ahead and focus on getting the best 2019 has to offer.

• BradDogBradDog Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Coral commits to G

Corral is the scheme fit.

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 1,247 admin

The best that 2019 has to offer is probably not going to cut it.

UGA has only thought to offer three QBs in 2019. They break down to:

• Auburn legacy Bo Nix
    • Texas A&M commit Grant Gunnell
    • The nation's top dual-threat Micheal Johnson, Jr.

The Johnson narrative is pretty telling. Noted QB trainer. Hired by Michigan to be an analyst earlier this year. That lasted for about three weeks. Oregon hired his Dad back in March to be its WR coach. Safe to say the Ducks are in a good spot now.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Coral commits to G

@BradDog said:
    Corral is the scheme fit.

I agree, He is borderline DT and gives us the RPO and utilizes our O line strength in 2018/19

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Coral commits to G

@tiger_62082 said:
    We have a lot of work to do with Harrison Bailey. He seems to be higher on Florida and Bama than us at the moment. Yikes!

This is unfathomable to me...we cannot let him go somewhere other than UGA!

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kids are committing and decommitting and recommitting left and right.. this is all gonna play out so different than we think... I'm looking at possibles now and we could have the #3 class again or 14th... same with 19'... I'm loving the roller coaster.. 72 days til we put the hurt on app state

• moosmoos Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Coral commits to G

I think we all have our preference, but we'll all grin from ear to ear if we land either of these guys.

• Carlos74Carlos74 Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman
    Fields commits to G

I'm putting my money on Fields, due to the in state opportunity.... Stay Home and Play at Home.. He seems to have a better up side at 6'3" and 221lbs.... All I hear is how Eason is so much taller than Fromm at 6'2".... Coral is also 6'2"... What do we gain with another Pro Style other than depth.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Coral commits to G

Fields is on a two day trip to UF right now....

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/justin-fields-visit-florida

Coral commits to G

@Tdub0199 said:

A stretch to call it 2 days as he got there yesterday evening and will be there "all day" today. Not sure what all day means as it is a long drive (assumption) back to Kennesaw. Of course Florida is in this thing but by no means does this visit mean that's his leader

• Farm16Farm16 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Corral is pretty mobile so I wouldn't class him in there with Fromm and Eason, he has a cannon and can run. I look at Corral as a close Arron Murray type QB someone who can run if need be but who can sling it.

Coral commits to G

@Denmen185 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

A stretch to call it 2 days as he got there yesterday evening and will be there "all day" today. Not sure what all day means as it is a long drive (assumption) back to Kennesaw. Of course Florida is in this thing but by no means does this visit mean that's his leader

Fields just tweeted a picture of his Opening Uniform that looks to be taken in his kitchen. Old picture or already back from trip to UF?????

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 324 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Coral commits to G

Still time to change my vote to Fields? If so, I'm now going large and shoving my entire pile of chips on him.

• jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Two freakin crystal balls for Fields this morning!!!

Coral commits to G

Rusty and Kipp!!!!

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 324 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Coral commits to G

Rumormill in overdrive this AM

Coral commits to G

@SnoopDawg yeah I know man, I honestly love your post and comments!!!!

• AkonAkon Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Coral commits to G

The Kipp and Rusty crystal ball coming down like Thor's hammer

• HankHank Posts: 230 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Coral commits to G

@Tdub0199 said:
    @SnoopDawg yeah I know man, I honestly love your post and comments!!!!

Me Too !!