DawgNation Daily 490: 5 thoughts on UGA’s big recruiting weekend

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,504 mod

On episode No. 490 (July 14, 2017) of the @DawgNationDaily podcast, Georgia Bulldogs fans can hear a discussion about a big weekend for UGA recruiting.

Beginning of the show: Georgia got a commitment from 3-star tight end John FitzPatrick on Thursday to kick off what should be a busy recruiting weekend for the Bulldogs. That includes the scheduled visit to Athens, Ga., this weekend from 5-star quarterback Justin Fields. I’ll share some thoughts about what could unfold for UGA on Friday’s show.

10-minute mark: SEC Country’s Benjamin Wolk joins the show. Some of the topics covered include:

• Fields’ visit to Auburn
  • 4-star wide receiver Kearis Jackson’s decision not to make his scheduled visit to Auburn
  • And a description of what UGA’s latest commit brings to the 2018 class

25-minute mark: I take a look at some other SEC headlines, including a prediction for which Georgia players will be preseason All-SEC selections.

End of show: I congratulate UGA running back Nick Chubb for being named Collegiate Athlete of the Year at the Atlanta Sports Awards on Thursday night — and discuss the possibility that this honor is the first in a series of accolades that could come Chubb’s way as he prepares to enter his final season at UGA.