Azeez Ojulari had a lot to say about Florida and UGA in advance of his coming decision

The rundown on Azeez Ojulari today:

• Ojulari is ready? Why?
  • It doesn't take everyone 2.5 years to pick a school
  • Comparison to a current FSU player
  • Who his father likes
  • Azeez on and off the field
  • Which schools satisfy the academic requirement?
  • Next week will be big for 2018

Comments

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 1,995 admin

Additional "points to ponder" from yesterday's Marietta HS stop.

• The Blue Devils are loaded. A Grayson clone this year. They have 11 guys with Power 5 offers.
    • Looks like 5-6 of those guys play TE/WR. Future 2020 5-star QB Harrison Bailey is going to throw for miles this year.
    • B.J. Ojulari, his 15-year-old brother, projects to be a bigger and longer version of Azeez.
    • Junior WR Ramel Keyton is very very good. Very good.
  • mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"He said that trip to Gainesville met every expectation he had for any school visit."
    "Ojulari made it very clear that he had seen everything he needed to see to commit to the Gators off of that one visit to that campus"
    “I just feel like if you are really ready and you have seen the place that you really like and like the best out of everyone you are looking at then this stuff is not that hard,”

Adding these three quotes together looks like a future Gator... Having some difficulty seeing his excitement towards Georgia, unless Jeff is using some intentional mis-direction to add some shock factor to next week.

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    Additional "points to ponder" from yesterday's Marietta HS stop.

• The Blue Devils are loaded. A Grayson clone this year. They have 11 guys with Power 5 offers.
    • Looks like 5-6 of those guys play TE/WR. Future 2020 5-star QB Harrison Bailey is going to throw for miles this year.
    • B.J. Ojulari, his 15-year-old brother, projects to be a bigger and longer version of Azeez.
    • Junior WR Ramel Keyton is very very good. Very good.

I am a big fan of Ramel and I am hopeful that we add him with Dominick and Jaden for 2019. Electric WR that would look good with what we have coming and on campus.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:
    "He said that trip to Gainesville met every expectation he had for any school visit."
    "Ojulari made it very clear that he had seen everything he needed to see to commit to the Gators off of that one visit to that campus"
    “I just feel like if you are really ready and you have seen the place that you really like and like the best out of everyone you are looking at then this stuff is not that hard,”

Adding these three quotes together looks like a future Gator... Having some difficulty seeing his excitement towards Georgia, unless Jeff is using some intentional mis-direction to add some shock factor to next week.

More likely, like in The Masters you can't win the tournament on Thursday but you can lose it. If UF are even in the leader's spot why wouldn't he hold off until he could visit again? He is saying that it's a close decision but why hastily set a commit date? UGA gets better and better and better with each visit says more to me. It's Thursday in Augusta and he saw all he needed at UF. He's a Dawg!

• SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:

The latter...

• moosmoos Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SnoopDawg said:
    The latter...

Chaos is a ladder...

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2720849-4-star-de-azeez-ojulari-commits-to-georgia-over-tennessee-and-florida

TL/DR
    "When it came down to the decision, me and my family sat down at the table and discussed everything to make sure it was the right school for me," Ojulari said in an essay for Rivals. "The last schools that we discussed were Tennessee, Georgia and Florida."

"I chose a school that if football was out of the picture I will still be able to go there and enjoy it, while getting a good degree at the same time. I felt comfortable when I was on campus. The atmosphere is great, they have great academics and I will be surrounded by great people."

"I've taking some visits—Auburn, Clemson and Florida in July for sure," Ojulari said, per Michael Clark of Scout. "I'm looking for a place where I can get a good degree, a place I can come in and help and where I fit in. I also want it to feel like family and feel comfortable."

Solid Dawg.

*Not sure where my original post went.