Zamir White off to a sizzling start of his senior season...{Video}

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,405 mod

Even though the Scots lost to Mallard Creek, check out these numbers and highlights:

Averaged 17.5 YPC & 65 YPR :o

Via Adam Friedman Twitter:

Tagged:

Comments

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,405 mod
    edited August 17

One of Zeus's two receptions on the night, both resulted in touchdowns:

Bonus: UGA commit Elijah Moore taking this 70-yd catch to the house...

• levanderlevander Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Zamir reminds me of Gurley. With Gurley's agility and speed, I'd be watching the game and laughing, "He's so good it's not even fair!" I see that same agility and speed when I see Zamir run.

• PigeonsPigeons Posts: 278 ✭✭✭ Junior

300+ AP yards and 4 the is a great night.

• donmdonm Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

drooling already for 18.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just wanted to bump this thread up again. A lot of much deserved excitement for our new guys this week, but this kid is amazing. Game changer for the Dawgs. Just makes me excited about the games we'll all get to experience in the next few years.

• mleemlee Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can't wait to watch him play for the dawgs! The backfield at UGA will be loaded again next yr!

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Zeus is such an impressive runner...if we get Cook to go with him and Swift etc. we will be set for the next three years at least.

• mleemlee Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jeff need some good news about Zeus and his commitment to UGA! Your buddy at SEC Country getting rumors started that Zeus could be a flip to Bama! I thought that Zeus was all Dawg and was done with his recruitment... This might be Chris getting his feelings hurt that another RB didn't choose Bama today too! So tired of Saban!

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 24

@mlee said:
    Jeff need some good news about Zeus and his commitment to UGA! Your buddy at SEC Country getting rumors started that Zeus could be a flip to Bama! I thought that Zeus was all Dawg and was done with his recruitment... This might be Chris getting his feelings hurt that another RB didn't choose Bama today too! So tired of Saban!

I saw that same article. It makes me nervous.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting-running-back-targets-2018-class-asa-martin-auburn-tigers

• thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Since when did Zamir "tell the Bama coaches he was going there"? I thought he told CKS a few weeks before his ceremony he was going to rock the Red and Black?

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If, and that's a BIG IF, this quote holds true from his article, there may be some concern, It's kinda a big if for more than just Zeus:

perhaps another underwhelming season by Georgia

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 472 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 25

From Kirschner's article: "He actually told the Alabama staff the night before his decision that he was going to choose the Tide."

I don't believe it, not for one second.

• swampdawgswampdawg Posts: 27 ✭ Freshman

I have a very hard time believing this Bama BS , before watching all of his highlights I had hoped for him to commit to UGA because in every interview I watched and article I read it was his maturity and honesty that came across in his personality that stood out to me , as much as his talent . It was the maturity and honesty when he made his decision and proclaimed that he was closing down further recruiting and wouldn't be taking any more official visits that made me proud that he had made the decision to be a Georgia Bulldog and I was glad to have a young man of such good character join our program . I don't believe that same young man who values his family and friend's would change as this story claim's he has . Go Dawgs

• SWARLES_BARKLEYSWARLES_BARKLEY Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everything that's been written about Zamir indicates he's a no-nonsense guy. I'd be surprised if he outright told Bama coaches he was going there the night before. Not when, by all accounts, he'd been pretty locked in to Georgia for a long time.

• SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Listen yall Zeus is a Dawg LOCK!

My main man Sentell on the podcast today said it best, Dogs of war fans don't need to worry about Zeus - worry about Fields, Salyer, Hill, Cook, Johnson if you want to worry about something - but certainly not Zamir.

Kirshner has to have some click bait to give Bama fans some promise cause Bama is ranked 28th in recruiting as of now and has missed on many RB targets.

Click.Bait. that is all

• donmdonm Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Until NSD, ANYTHING is possible...right?

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 98 ✭✭✭ Junior

2020 UGA Bulldawgs! 40 years from 1980! Junior RB Zamir White behind QB Jake Fromm or Justin Fields, and he's gonna hand it to Zeus, Zeus breaking tackles, running left, right, Zeus to the 50, Zeus to the 40, Zeus to the 30, 20, 10, 5, ZEUS TOUCHDOWN! TOUCHDOWN ZEUS!!!!

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe we build a statue after the 2019 ND game to touchdown Zesus