What is the lure for "All Out" Aaron Brule' and UGA?

He's a potential UGA commit in the next two weeks.

• Sounds like he is down to UGA and Mississippi State and TCU
  • Watch out here for in-state LSU, though
  • Can he really play CB, ILB, OLB and S in Athens?
  • Why do they call him a "Category 5" on his highlight tape?

Comments

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 1,314 admin

Other tidbits to know:

• He's about 6-2 and 210 pounds.
    • Clocks around the 4.6-4.7 range in the 40.
    • Plays a lot of ILB and LB in HS ball.
    • Film shows an ability to find the ball and get the man on the ground.
    • This staff is looking for guys that can tackle.
    • Also: Mel Tucker has been trying to get this kid to camp for two summers.
  • DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

IMO, I think Georgia would be best at recruiting him at ILB. In his film, he looked very natural at that position. I'm sure he can transition to CB, but Georgia hasn't recruited anybody at ILB for the 2018 class. He has the size of a CB though. At the end of the day, KS and Co will find a place for this kid to play. Mel Tucker (if pitching him to play CB at Georgia) should throw out the Malkom Parrish pitch to him since they both have something in common: being able to get the man on the ground.

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell do you think it is worth going hard after a guy that is waiting on another school to offer. Say he commits to UGA and then February rolls around with an LSU late offer due to missing out on a top target causing him to drop and run to them. He looks the part for sure, but what are the chances LSU eventually pulls the trigger on this kid.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@spradlin24 said:
    @JeffSentell do you think it is worth going hard after a guy that is waiting on another school to offer. Say he commits to UGA and then February rolls around with an LSU late offer due to missing out on a top target causing him to drop and run to them. He looks the part for sure, but what are the chances LSU eventually pulls the trigger on this kid.

Totally agree. We could be left at the alter come February. I don't think that you take that risk unless it's a 5* but it's not a situation that will occur in that instance. If Kirby is really, really high on Brule he should at the very least say you sign in December or I will recruit above you (if it's not too late by then).

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's trending to Mississippi State bigly on 247Sports

• andycappsandycapps Posts: 284 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 18

Kind of seems like a safety or CB to me at UGA. He's kind of a tweener. From what I've seen, I don't know that he has the frame to put on the weight for ILB.

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby wants him at star I bet... cb/ilb sounds like the ideal star

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm going to note that a lot of people recently jumped on the state bandwagon but the one to pay attention to was the TCU insider did switch to UGA so we shall see. This one seems far from over.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dbrown7494 said:
    I'm going to note that a lot of people recently jumped on the state bandwagon but the one to pay attention to was the TCU insider did switch to UGA so we shall see. This one seems far from over.

The problem is more he will flip to LSU if he gets a comittable offer so do you hold a spot for him or turn someone else away?

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Denmen185 It sounds obvious from the way Coach Tucker acted he wanted him on campus. If a coach wanted him on campus that bad; he wants him in some type of way. Now I would go for him. Yes I also have other eggs out there but I still go for him.

Also y'all are worried about him taking off an running to LSU with offer. How many times can we count a guy got his dream Georgia offer and then went somewhere else. I think the same thing could happen here. Depends on where tucker and company can get the relationship too.

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dbrown7494 said:
    @Denmen185 It sounds obvious from the way Coach Tucker acted he wanted him on campus. If a coach wanted him on campus that bad; he wants him in some type of way. Now I would go for him. Yes I also have other eggs out there but I still go for him.

Also y'all are worried about him taking off an running to LSU with offer. How many times can we count a guy got his dream Georgia offer and then went somewhere else. I think the same thing could happen here. Depends on where tucker and company can get the relationship too.

Could be Donte Jackson 2.0

• SavannahDawg1SavannahDawg1 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

He wants the LSU offer.. and they have been leaking commits like a siv. He will eventually end up a tiger ( after committing to the bulldogs.. Miss State bulldogs that is)