If Fields bolts to the BAYOU or elsewhere ?

BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Do we still stand to flip M. Corral and bring him into the fold. I mean Florida is a dumpster fire right now. Do we even need a QB for 2018?

Comments

• Dawghandler85Dawghandler85 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't know about our chances with Corral but we absolutely have to get a QB in the '18 class. Ramsey leaves after this season which would leave us with 2 scholarship QB's in Eason and Fromm. One of them gets hurt and your back up is a walk on or someone like Mecole with HS experience running the wild cat. I still think we get Fields but if we don't I'm hoping the staff has a plan B, C and D.

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It seem as though no quality recruit wants to come sit behind Fromm and Eason. You would think that Fromm starting against ND would show recruits that anything could happen and they should not be afraid to compete. Go to to the school of your choice and let the best man win should be their philosophy. But yeah, I put it at about 55% we get Fields .

@Palm_City_Dawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:
    Do we still stand to flip M. Corral and bring him into the fold. I mean Florida is a dumpster fire right now. Do we even need a QB for 2018?

If asked, I think Corral will flip somewhere. The situation at UF is going to continue to deteriorate team-wise throughout the season; I can't imagine any 5 star QB would willingly join a team in that much disarray!

Amen! It's a wreck at the moment.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In spite of all the week one drama I still think the chances of signing Fields is better than 50/ 50. I have always thought the strategy was to flip Corral if we didn't get Fields. Kirby>McElwain.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that if Fields and his father were serious about LSU he would have driven to get a feel for time and distance during the season.
    I really don't think he is big on FSU either as whilst he has taken like 3 2 day visits they have been get there late leave early type visits. I think it's between AU and UGA

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 309 ✭✭✭ Junior

I still think Saban will take a late run at this kid....In any case no one recruit will make or break the program.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoulderDawg

Alabama may take a run at him, but their qb room is as tough as our, just more of them.

Au may have crept back in, Saturday will be a big test for them.

I'd rather have JF than anyone else qb-wise, but my initial thoughts are that plan b,c,d
    Are corral, flip Trevor Lawrence (packed qb room), bohannon.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Isn't this just a knock off copy of another thread? Dude you seem to start another (notice I didn't say new) thread everyday.

forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/2388/lsu-coming-after-fields#latest

@BamaDawg said:
    Isn't this just a knock off copy of another thread? Dude you seem to start another (notice I didn't say new) thread everyday.

forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/2388/lsu-coming-after-fields#latest

Thanks for the daily harassment , you're a stand up guy. I hope it makes you feel better to go around policing a college football message board . Get a real life and let people be at peace. Wow, this guy!

• icebuddyicebuddy Posts: 266 ✭✭✭ Junior

When Fromm balls out this year and UGA wins 10 or 11 games, will Eason stick around?

@Dawgy_Fresh said:

@icebuddy said:
    When Fromm balls out this year and UGA wins 10 or 11 games, will Eason stick around?

I'd be surprised if Eason doesn't come back as the starter once he heals.

Eason will be the starter without a doubt. That's what Chaney wants.

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This kid is doing big things this year on a very talented Troup team. Pretty sure they have to play Cartersville but not totally sure. If I am right you will see how good he can be when they line up because Cartersville is one of the most talented teams in the state regardless of class.

@spradlin24 said:

This kid is doing big things this year on a very talented Troup team. Pretty sure they have to play Cartersville but not totally sure. If I am right you will see how good he can be when they line up because Cartersville is one of the most talented teams in the state regardless of class.

We want Fields of GOLD......

• PigeonsPigeons Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We want fewer threads!

@tiger_62082 said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@spradlin24 said:

That would be ideal. However, the topic is on contingency plans

True.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@spradlin24 said:

My alma mater, yes, we do play Cartersville, last game of the season @home, should be a good measuring stick for our QB

• PigeonsPigeons Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This thread is still going? I figured OP would have started a new thread by now.

@tiger_62082 said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@spradlin24 said:

Case in point you have just started another "Contingency Plan" Thread!!!!!!!

@tiger_62082 said:

@Denmen185 said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@spradlin24 said:

You mad, dude? Who died and made you a moderator here and controller of content? Seriously there are more serious things in the world to worry about than being angry about posters starting threads. If you're looking for free time, help volunteer in Texas for the victims of Hurricane Harvey, joing the Kurds on the ground in fighting IS, or go to a local bar, get drunk, and meet a woman to destress. Geez, you newbies have are so pretentious & have a bigger God complex than Kimg Jong Un.

https://media.tenor.co/images/588671a24892d686508fa1bd6fbf5567/tenor.gif

1. Why would I go to Texas when I live in Florida (in a mandatory evacuation zone BTW)
    2. I am not pretentious as demonstrated by the fact that I made almost 1,500 posts and only started maybe 3 threads. I am not the one who needs my name in lights by starting a new thread which is really just a comment on an existing one started by someone else.
    3. Multiple threads on the same subject leads to a less cohesive discussion of a topic especially as there are now probably 10 "Fields" discussions going on.
  • georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 302 ✭✭✭ Junior

I upvoted @Denmen185 post because he's right...it's much easier to follow one thread about Fields, one recruiting thread, etc.
    There doesn't have to be a new thread started every time a thought pops into someone's head.

Oh, I downvoted your post because you're still a condescending jerk off!

@tiger_62082 said:

@Denmen185 said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@spradlin24 said:

You mad, dude? Who died and made you a moderator here and controller of content? Seriously there are more serious things in the world to worry about than being angry about posters starting threads. If you're looking for free time, help volunteer in Texas for the victims of Hurricane Harvey, joing the Kurds on the ground in fighting IS, or go to a local bar, get drunk, and meet a woman to destress. Geez, you newbies have are so pretentious & have a bigger God complex than Kimg Jong Un.

https://media.tenor.co/images/588671a24892d686508fa1bd6fbf5567/tenor.gif

Amen Brotha. Too many Thread gods, I say just don't click on it. Getting triggered by a new thread.....PRICELESS!!!

@georgiaboy said:
    I upvoted @Denmen185 post because he's right...it's much easier to follow one thread about Fields, one recruiting thread, etc.
    There doesn't have to be a new thread started every time a thought pops into someone's head.

Sad, triggered by a thread. I suppose you want Chaney fired too. Everybody is so easily triggered by nothing. Just don click if you know it's a related subject. Why are you guys so freaking triggered. Geez, y'all act like the Auburn fan seeing their QB getting his soul **** 11 times. It ain't that serious guy, just R-E-L-A-X. Gooooo Dawgs!

@BigDawgEatin said:

@georgiaboy said:

Sad, triggered by a thread. I suppose you want Chaney fired too. Everybody is so easily triggered by nothing. Just don click if you know it's a related subject. Why are you guys so freaking triggered. Geez, y'all act like the Auburn fan seeing their QB getting his soul **** 11 times. It ain't that serious guy, just R-E-L-A-X. Gooooo Dawgs!

The fact that it is a related subject is the problem. Are you suggesting that members should only be concerned with a small sample of opinions. The Forum is here to promote a discussion between Dawg fans whether they agree or disagree others. The starting of needless related threads merely detracts from the experience. The use of personal insults against others is unnecessary.

@Hank @BigDawgEatin Please explain what you take exception to in my post. Do you think that the discussions are not aided by having 1 coherent thread as opposed to many or that personal attacks are acceptable?

• HankHank Posts: 309 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2017

@Denmen185 said:
    @Hank @BigDawgEatin Please explain what you take exception to in my post. Do you think that the discussions are not aided by having 1 coherent thread as opposed to many or that personal attacks are acceptable?

OH BOY , Here we go again Denmen . I am only speaking for my self . You confronted me on this one time before and it didn't end well . So here we are again . Not sure why I have to explain anything to you , You are not a Admin or Mod . but yet you run around the forum like you are ? Not sure how old you are or what sex , But you act like a 14 year girl having her first menstrual cycle . I think you might want to talk to your mom about this . I can vote up or down anyone at anytime with out explaining anything to you. Please don't confront me again . Thanks .

• GaDawg10GaDawg10 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

@Pigeons said:
    We want fewer threads!

Amen

@Hank said:

@Denmen185 said:

OH BOY , Here we go again Denmen . I am only speaking for my self . You confronted me on this one time before and it didn't end well . So here we are again . Not sure why I have to explain anything to you , You are not a Admin or Mod . but yet you run around the forum like you are ? Not sure how old you are or what sex , But you act like a 14 year girl having her first menstrual cycle . I think you might want to talk to your mom about this . I can vote up or down anyone at anytime with out explaining anything to you. Please don't confront me again . Thanks .

The previous occasion it was due to me down voting a Thread and when asked why I explained and rather than just disagreeing you/your friends proceeded to make personal insults and posted Memes depicting civil war which resulted in mass genocide.
    In this instance I just stated an opinion and was personally attacked for doing so. No I am not a Mod and don't want to be but I think common courtesy should prevail. In both instances my parents were mentioned who FYI are both dead so yes I take exception to that comment. I am certainly old enough to know that mature people act with respect towards others at all times. lesson to be learned here.
    I think that the fact that you didn't answer the question directly or clearly but instead chose to add more insults speaks volumes.
    I don't go looking for confrontation but will defend myself when being subjected to personal attack (and those that support same) so hopefully it won't arise again.