Swift for Heisman!

BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

My God A Freshman.

Comments

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can you imagine him and Zeus next year?!?!

He had a couple of awesome runs, even got to see his high step he uses to see if he can cut back inside or throw a db off stride like he used in his HUDL film.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 215 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree with Swift and White, but was impressed with the speed Holyfield showed. The future is bright!

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not w Chaney

How can u make 2 five star qbs look bad

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

@ladawg said:

Yeah Chaney is pedestrian at best....

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

@ladawg said:
    Not w Chaney

Amen!

It's not just Chaney.. Kirby picked him, and okays it.. but that mecole drop is not Chaney's fault

Mecole is no 5 star.. I'm sorry, but he's not

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 347 ✭✭✭ Junior

@ladawg said:

Easy -- put an under-sized line in front of them.

• NoogaDawgNoogaDawg Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

Hardman is explosive with the ball in his hands whether it's a run, catch, or return. Getting the ball to stay in his hands (because of his drops) is the issue. It's something that will fix itself as he gets more experience.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keep in mind, second game at receiver and ball was under thrown.
    Catching footballs isn't hard, but running full speed, adjusting to under throw in traffic (3 guys were just behind him.)

He will learn from this and make a huge play down the line that wins one for us.

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've stated on here repeatedly how valuable of a pickup Swift was for the Dawgs.

I wouldn't be surprised if James Cook started looking elsewhere because of him

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 1,312 admin

A few quick thoughts:

• Swift is all that and still not completely 100 percent healthy. Chew on that for a second. B)
    • Mecole doesn't have elite hands, but his burst is among the Top 5 players in the SEC. That's a 5-star. He's got the burst of a Percy Harvin. Just need to work on those hands and get him the ball on quick shots like screens and jet sweeps.
    • Cook likes the fact that Chubb and Michel are leaving. Wants to be in a rotation.
  • KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 441 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 11

I guess I'm confused. He has 73 yards rushing and 14 yards receiving, and no TDs. He got some great blocking on a run to the edge and broke a tackle. I guess I'm not really seeing the Heisman hype through 2 games I was promised by ladawg before the season.

Now if we want to talk about what my guy JD King is doing out there in Oklahoma then I'm here for that.

• KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 441 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry guys, didn't mean to kill the hype train there. Y'all keep going I'll shut up.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 91 ✭✭ Sophmore

Mecole is a football player. Has a catch on offense, we punt and he makes the tackle, our D holds them and they punt it back to Mecole. He is fun to watch. Bright future for sure.

• RockdaleBulldogs1992RockdaleBulldogs1992 Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophmore

4 the Hardway will Ballout soon enough once he fully understand his role in the offense.