Wyatt

TeddyTeddy Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anyone have VIP access to 247? Article about Wyatt's status. Just curious what it said.

http://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Devonte-Wyatt-arrival-date-recruiting-status-confirmed-107283087

Comments

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 69 ✭✭ Sophmore

He can enroll in December.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks, @georgiaboy

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

He must have one full semester of transferable credits and maintain a 2.5 GPA. If he does, then he can enroll at UGA in December/January.

@godawgs said:
    He must have one full semester of transferable credits and maintain a 2.5 GPA. If he does, then he can enroll at UGA in December/January.

Thanks, I knew he could enroll in January if he kept his grades up. They said that months ago, wonder why this is a VIP article?

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Love this kid! A true "Cinderella" story in the making here!

• levanderlevander Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 11

Was there anything at all that was different than what Sentell posted weeks ago on this free site?

At least some kind of small update or something?

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 48 ✭✭ Sophmore

@JeffSentell said:
    It also uses a different source than the information which was presented here.

Wyatt's plan is to re-enroll in January. He told DawgNation that on Aug. 23.

Jeff bringing the heat!!

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

Here is Sentell's article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/former-dt-signee-devonte-wyatt-shares-plan-return-uga/amp

Looks like every quote was directly from Wyatt in Sentell's article.

The 247 article had quotes directly from Wyatt's JUCO coach and none from Wyatt. It also included Wyatt's stats through 2 games.

So basically, Sentell had the better article. I'd rather hear from the horse than the horse's coach.

Well, minus 2 games,of stats because it was more recent. Somehow though, I think any knucklehead journalist writing a story could have gotten the stats.

Thanks everyone. I figured DawgNation kept us more up-to-date than 24/7, just wanted to double check and make sure Wyatt was still all Dawg come January. I consider him a big and underrated piece of the 2017 or 18 class, no matter which class he technically gets assigned. The sooner he's on campus the better though.

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 214 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Teddy said:
    Thanks everyone. I figured DawgNation kept us more up-to-date than 24/7, just wanted to double check and make sure Wyatt was still all Dawg come January. I consider him a big and underrated piece of the 2017 or 18 class, no matter which class he technically gets assigned. The sooner he's on campus the better though.

I would assume that since he is enrolling in January that he will be counted as an early enrollment for 2018. In any case I am just glad that he is still on the way. He will be a very important get for the D.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 360 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wyatt enrolling in 2018 will be a great help to Georgia's defensive line. I think Georgia will be able to get a commitment from Walthour, Sandidge, and maybe Trout. Wyatt enrolling in 2018 will definitely help fill the void of that spot if Georgia is unable to get Sandidge and Trout.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wyatt is going to be a force. So freaking fast! Going to be tough in the sec.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe that Wyatt and Cooper are the top 2 but Kirby would take Sandidge if he commits before Cooper. Wyatt is a lock subject to grades.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Denmen185 said:
    I believe that Wyatt and Cooper are the top 2 but Kirby would take Sandidge if he commits before Cooper. Wyatt is a lock subject to grades.

Any indication Cooper would flip?

@bmauldin said:

@Denmen185 said:

Any indication Cooper would flip?

Haven't seen any but I did see that Kirby was still going hard after him and Wynn. Now Wyatt is officially a 2018 commit that likely leaves 1 spot maybe 2 for Cooper, Wynn, Sandidge or Trout. I would say that Cooper and Sandidge are the most likely options.

edited September 14

Good news for Devonte Wyatt fans!

Right now, he's the #1 ranked overall JUCO recruit in the nation:

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege

@levander said:
    Good news for Devonte Wyatt fans!

Right now, he's the #1 ranked overall JUCO recruit in the nation:

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege

He quietly moved us up to #17 in the class rankings for 2018. Here we come