Any Updates on Eason's Knee and returning?

RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 94 ✭✭✭ Junior

I apologize if this topic has been discussed recently, I just logged back in and there are a ton of new threads to sift through. I will happily end this thread and switch over to one that is ongoing if its already been talked about.

Now, Without getting into the debate over Fromm's performance, I simply wanted to ask when we expect Eason to be at Game ready with that knee of his?

Any word? @sethemerson anything at all? did you see him get out of a chair without his crutch/cane? lol

AND, based on that info, when do we expect Eason back in the fold practicing and possibly playing a game? Miss St. game? or later?

I am certain that they would prob keep him out of the game if he wasn't taking reps in practice the week prior. so we need him healed enough to practice at full on a Monday/early the week before a game.

I for one believe we will need him. Fromm may grow up fast, but I don't like having all our eggs in one basket. we at least need a backup.

Comments

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

He was limping around pretty bad with a cane after the Notre Dame game.

• sethemersonsethemerson Posts: 545 mod

I wouldn't expect him back before the end of this month, and I'd be surprised if it's soon after that.

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 1,104 admin

I'm hearing it will be three more weeks before he can return to practice, much less play.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 236 ✭✭✭ Junior

back just in time for the WLOCP :D

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 56 ✭ Freshman

Florida

• PigeonsPigeons Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bummer, this is terrible news. We need him back ASAP.

Time for Fromm to step up and show us why he was so highly ranked coming out of HS.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Pigeons said:

Time for Fromm to step up and show us why he was so highly ranked coming out of HS.

I do believe he has already done that sir.

• PigeonsPigeons Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 13

@amjadawgs said:

@Pigeons said:

I do believe he has already done that sir.

Not at all, IMO. He had looked okay but not great. Going on the road and winning his first start is tough, for sure. But he made many mistakes and threw some bad passes. Which is expected of a true Freshman!

I don't get why everyone was so critical of Eason in his true Freshman season but now everyone is acting like Fromm is a world beater. TBH he hasn't really looked like a much better passer than Eason did last year.

Unless he improves significantly over the next few weeks, he hasn't done enough to take the job from Eason.