Georgia releases complete 2018 football schedule with dates

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,142 mod

Georgia may have inadvertently released its full 2018 football schedule on Wednesday morning.

The Georgia football account tweeted out the Bulldogs 2018 schedule only to delete the tweet 15 minutes later.

Here is that schedule. Home games are in bold, and SEC games have an asterisk next to them.

9/1 vs. Austin Peay
9/8 at South Carolina*
9/15 vs. Middle Tennessee
9/22 at Missouri*
9/29 vs. Tennessee*
10/6 vs. Vanderbilt*
10/13 at LSU*
10/20 – BYE
10/27 vs. Florida (Jacksonville)*
11/3 at Kentucky*
11/10 vs. Auburn*
11/17 vs. UMass
11/24 vs. Georgia Tech

The biggest things to note are that the South Carolina game has been moved back to the beginning of the schedule, where as the 2016 and 2017 games both happened later in the season. Georgia will also go over a month without a home game, as the Bulldogs visit LSU, have a bye week, face Florida in Jacksonville and then travel to Kentucky from Oct. 13 through Nov. 3.

There will be no games in Sanford Stadium between October 7th-November 9th.

Tagged:

Comments

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 94 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 13

I thought we were going to play Notre Dame next year? Wasn't it supposed to be a home and home series?? Or is the next ND game in 2019? @SavageDawg17

Just kidding. I think it is 2019 when they visit us in Athens....Positive outlook on that: gives us a year to get the young Defense we will have in 2018 up to speed(after we lose some starters at the end of this year; not too worried about 2018, but there will be some young guns with big shoes to fill)

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophmore

@RedDawg said:
    I thought we were going to play Notre Dame next year? Wasn't it supposed to be a home and home series?? Or is the next ND game in 2019? @SavageDawg17

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,142 mod

@RedDawg said:

Correct, 2019 for ND in Athens

@SavageDawg17 said:

@RedDawg said:

Correct, 2019 for ND in Athens

Thanks Guys! I got a bit confused for a second... :)

@Midnite_Train said:
    @RedDawg a hilarious tweet I saw went something along the lines of:

Great game Notre Dame, see you again in:

lmao that is awesome

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

This schedule reminds me of the 1998 and 2008 schedules. Both teams had wins over subpar LSU teams in Death Valley, but ended up getting blown out by Florida (badly) and losing to Georgia Tech. The 2008 schedule also had LSU in Death Valley right before Florida in Jacksonville, the only difference is that this time there's a bye week. 1998 Georgia finished 9-3 but 2008 Georgia finished 10-3. Both were disappointing seasons after having spectacular 1997 and 2007 seasons. I don't like the Kentucky game being right after Florida either.

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 464 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

One one the worst OOC schedule I can remember and I wish they would go back to having Auburn home one year and GT home the next. Having them both at home in one year is great, but sucks the following year.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 56 ✭ Freshman

I figure we are about due to play A&M sometime in the near future

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

in 2021 and/or 2022, UGA will win a national championship. This has been a public service announcement. That is all.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    One one the worst OOC schedule I can remember and I wish they would go back to having Auburn home one year and GT home the next. Having them both at home in one year is great, but sucks the following year.

UGA could offer both Tech fans free seats in Sanford and just play at home every year. :D

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:
    in 2021 and/or 2022, UGA will win a national championship. This has been a public service announcement. That is all.

Sorry, even though I agree with you I think 2019 is our first in modern times. Our O line will be at it's dominating best and our receiving corps will be lights out to go with 3 potent backs.

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman
    edited September 14

@TheSmartWay said:

My gut feeling believes it's gonna happen in 2020 actually. Kirby Smart's 5th year, which means more head coaching experience. Breaking the national title drought exactly 40 years apart. 15 years from our last SEC title in 2005 (assuming we don't do it this season). Season opener on Monday night against Virginia. Alabama in Tuscaloosa for the first time in a long time (we've won the last 2 down there). The upcoming recruits we're putting together including Jake Fromm being a senior by then and Zamir White being a junior.