UGA 5-star recruiting: The photos from Saturday's win vs. Mississippi State offer up a lot of hope

JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,493 admin
edited September 2017 in Commit to the G (Recruiting)

There was a lot of goodwill going around up and down that Sanford Stadium sideline on Saturday night.

It looks to me like UGA's recruiting efforts might need its brakes checked after this one.

All gas. No brakes. All 5-stars and a lot more.

Don't believe me? Just see for yourself amid DawgNation's collection of just the 5-stars (all 8 of them) who were in Athens for that game.

Comments

• LawDawgLawDawg Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JeffSentell:

Speaking as an amateur, please keep those pro-tips coming! Thank you for all you do!

• dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

What a time to be a DAWG. Been following all these players for awhile now, hopefully they'll pull the trigger soon!!

• HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 559 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks @JeffSentell for all your tips, photos, insight and tireless effort you put in to bring us all of the latest information. You make a lot of the work days go by so much better. It was a pleasure meeting you on Saturday. Thanks.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    Pro tip: If you do not already, this is probably a good time to start following this UGA recruiting stuff.

If you already do, then this is probably not the time to take a break. It looks like there could be at least 2-3 pieces of news up ahead.

Thanks, great pictures. I saw one presumed typo where it said Salyer yet to make his college. I think you mean't make public :D

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,493 admin
    edited September 2017

@Denmen185 said:

@JeffSentell said:
    Pro tip: If you do not already, this is probably a good time to start following this UGA recruiting stuff.

If you already do, then this is probably not the time to take a break. It looks like there could be at least 2-3 pieces of news up ahead.

Thanks, great pictures. I saw one presumed typo where it said Salyer yet to make his college. I think you mean't make public :D

Must have misspelled that one. :wink:

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JeffSentell , this seems like a reach to me, but do you see any way that UGA could sign Becton, Tanner, Azeez, Anderson, and Henry?

Thanks for all of your great work.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@godawgs

@Denmen185 has somewhat probably the closest scholarship count for the 2018 class. Georgia, as of right now has 15 commits. Becton, Tanner, Azzez are already 3 of those 15. If Georgia lands Fields, Salyer, Hill, Cook, Johnson, Frierson, Ford, Anderson, and Henry, it would be cutting it close. That would be 24 commits in this class. I think the max Georgia can sign is 22 or 23. This is all dependent on the number of transfers, seniors, and NFL prospects who leave early.

edited September 2017

@DawgsofWar said:
    @godawgs

@Denmen185 has somewhat probably the closest scholarship count for the 2018 class. Georgia, as of right now has 15 commits. Becton, Tanner, Azzez are already 3 of those 15. If Georgia lands Fields, Salyer, Hill, Cook, Johnson, Frierson, Ford, Anderson, and Henry, it would be cutting it close. That would be 24 commits in this class. I think the max Georgia can sign is 22 or 23. This is all dependent on the number of transfers, seniors, and NFL prospects who leave early.

24 is the max. We had to Blue shirt Marvin and Crumpton but didn't sign Wyatt so I have 25 (NCAA max) +1 from 2017 that can be used on EE less 2 BS. Crumptom may have been changed to 2017 to replace Wyatt (based on 247 class) but that still means 25-Marvin = 24.
    We have 17 seniors plus 1 available from Hardin so would need 6 other departures to be able to get 24 and stay at/under the 85.

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I noticed that KJ Henry originally had a neutral shirt on, then threw on that gray UGA shirt by game time...

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@DawgsofWar said:
    @godawgs

24 is the max. We had to Blue shirt Marvin and Crumpton but didn't sign Wyatt so I have 25 (NCAA max) +1 from 2017 that can be used on EE less 2 BS. Crumptom may have been changed to 2017 to replace Wyatt (based on 247 class) but that still means 25-Marvin = 24.
    We have 17 seniors plus 1 available from Hardin so would need 6 other departures to be able to get 24 and stay at/under the 85.

You including Rod's scholarship as well?

@DawgsofWar said:

@Denmen185 said:

@DawgsofWar said:
    @godawgs

You including Rod's scholarship as well?

I think Rod took Manac's but may be wrong.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@DawgsofWar said:
    @godawgs

What about Sam madden?

@Hot__Dawg said:
    Great article & pics! When Salyer finally commits to tha G, he'll probably become my instant favorite. I mean, look at that face. Who could not love that guy. Looks like the guy at the fishing or hunting camp who never really leaves the camp, but sits by the beer cooler all day long cracking jokes and just making the whole trip lots of fun.

Probably the best summation. Pretty spot-on.

I think he and netori's personality will lighten any mood.

@bmauldin said:

@Denmen185 said:

@DawgsofWar said:
    @godawgs

What about Sam madden?

I think he is one who may consider transferring. He's a RS Soph so has 2 years left. If he goes to D1 school he would have to sit a year to play 1 (likely) or if he goes to D2 he could play 2 years.

@Denmen185 said:

@bmauldin said:

@Denmen185 said:

@DawgsofWar said:
    @godawgs

What about Sam madden?

I think he is one who may consider transferring. He's a RS Soph so has 2 years left. If he goes to D1 school he would have to sit a year to play 1 (likely) or if he goes to D2 he could play 2 years.

Who was the medical disqualification on the offensive line this past year?
    I can't remember for the life of me, but it was a scholarship player.

• rocco4UGArocco4UGA Posts: 149 ✭✭✭ Junior

@bmauldin said:

Sage Hardin

@rocco4UGA said:
    @bmauldin said:

Sage Hardin

@Denmen185 was Hardin taken into account?

@bmauldin said:

@rocco4UGA said:
    @bmauldin said:

Sage Hardin

Yes. 17 Seniors plus Hardin = 18 spots. Manac's went to Rod

@Denmen185 said:

@bmauldin said:

@rocco4UGA said:
    @bmauldin said:

Sage Hardin

Grad students in there too?

@bmauldin said:

@Denmen185 said:

@bmauldin said:

@rocco4UGA said:
    @bmauldin said:

Sage Hardin

Grad students in there too?

Yup. We have 19 JR, 22 Soph and 26 Fresh. Total 67 leaving 18 seniors/Grads/Medical.

Total Offense 40 (9 SR/G), defense 41(7) and 3 K/P (1).

• HankHank Posts: 315 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2017

Nice work @Denmen185 ...Magic # is 18 ?

Yup. We have 19 JR, 22 Soph and 26 Fresh. Total 67 leaving 18 seniors/Grads/Medical.

@Hank said:
    Nice work @Denmen185 ...Magic # is 18

We will likely lose the 6 needed to hit the 24 max we can sign. i am confident that will happen with/without Kirby's help. To replace the 18 vacancies and stay balanced we need to add 3 offensive players (1 QB, 1 RB and 1 OL) above that Kirby/players own choice will have to make room. On defense we are set although we have 2 extra ILB and need to get 1 DL/OLB and 1DB. These are all subjective based on how many play in a normal game (i.e. not mop-up). This obviously doesn't take account of possible switches like Roundtree back to DB etc.