Eason to UW

chattanoogadawgchattanoogadawg Posts: 103 ✭✭✭ Junior
«1

Comments

  • BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 982 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I wouldn't be surprised... if he does, I wish him the best of luck.

  • chattanoogadawgchattanoogadawg Posts: 103 ✭✭✭ Junior

    I wish this kid nothing but the best. Hell, I hope he goes #1 in the draft. He acted mature beyond his years at all times throughout this season.

  • Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 135 ✭✭✭ Junior

    **** good Dawg! He was the beginning of the righting of the UGA battleship.
    Really hope he tears it up out there in the PAC 12

  • tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I thought WAZZU had the more favorable depth chart than UDUB for QBs. Best of luck to him

  • shooterboi1017shooterboi1017 Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophmore

    Man he can actually beat out Fromm tho.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Unless he just wants to go home--wouldn't he have a better chance to play here rather than Washington? I don't keep up with them, but don't they have a pretty good starting QB?

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JayDog said:
    Unless he just wants to go home--wouldn't he have a better chance to play here rather than Washington? I don't keep up with them, but don't they have a pretty good starting QB?

    He’s a rising senior. Has to sit out a year and then beat out two newcomers this year

  • donmdonm Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @shooterboi1017 said:
    Man he can actually beat out Fromm tho.

    He already did that....sort of.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    So who do we chase for QB in the 2019 class?

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @donm said:

    @shooterboi1017 said:
    Man he can actually beat out Fromm tho.

    He already did that....sort of.

    He did, but no turning back now. Unfortunate for Eason and I was really looking forward to his progression.

  • jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 50 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @JayDog said:
    So who do we chase for QB in the 2019 class?

    Max Duggan
    Michael Johnson
    Bo Nix

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @tiger_62082 said:
    I thought WAZZU had the more favorable depth chart than UDUB for QBs. Best of luck to him

    They do, but comparing WAZZU to UW is like comparing GaSo to UGA. WAZZU is definitely the low-rent district of the P12. UW's athletic budget is literally double WAZZU's. I would love to see him at WAZZU...but there is a reason they never get top recruits.

  • bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 333 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Nothing has been confirmed yet

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Man, that picture breaks my heart

  • ag05047ag05047 Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

    @JRT812 said:
    Man, that picture breaks my heart

    Mine as well...you hate it for Eason to be taken out of the game the way he was but you also love to see him mentoring Fromm the best he can. Great, great teammate.

  • Eason4HeismanEason4Heisman Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @shooterboi1017 said:
    Man he can actually beat out Fromm tho.

    You daggum right can!

  • mooreearlmooreearl Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

    WSU is coached by Mike Leach and runs an air raid spread offense. The next successful NFL QB from that system will be the first. And going way back to Tim Couch at Kentucky - for whom Leach was the OC - there has been a lot of evidence that systems like that don't produce good pro QBs. Remember the infamous "Peyton Manning versus Ryan Leaf" draft? Leaf was a WSU product and at the time WSU ran a version of the spread that was very similar to what Leach runs. (The Washington-Oregon area was pretty much the birthplace of the spread and run-and-shoot type offenses.)

    Now Washington runs a spread offense too. But Chris Peterson's scheme is more of a spread-pro style blend. They do a lot more running, and a lot more NFL-style routes. If Eason wins the job, Peterson would adapt by emphasizing the pro-style and vertical passing elements of his offense - stuff that his current QB Jake Browning and many of his previous QBs at Boise couldn't do because they couldn't throw the ball more than 35 yards in the air, let alone throw deep outs and such - and de-emphasizing the spread elements. My guess is that Peterson would be glad to do so, because 5 star QB recruits don't go to UW every day. A guy named Jake Locker was a local legend in high school football and when he was at Washington they talked about him the same way that Gators talk about Tim Tebow, and he was only a 4 star recruit. 5 star QBs usually leave Washington for USC, UCLA etc.

    Like it was said in another post on this topic, in retrospect Eason should have followed Richt to Miami. Richt's current QB is a dual threat guy recruited by the previous regime who can't pass very well and despite his dual threat label actually isn't very fast or elusive as a runner either. Eason would have beaten that guy out this year easily and led Miami to 11 or 12 wins as a true sophomore, meaning that he would have entered the draft in 2019 as a strong contender to be the #1 overall draft pick. Now he is going to have to wait that long just to get on the field at a program that has the offensive line and WRs capable of giving him a chance, which UGA did not have when he started in 2016.

  • JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @JRT812 said:
    Man, that picture breaks my heart

    Me too brother... me too.

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @mooreearl said:
    WSU is coached by Mike Leach and runs an air raid spread offense. The next successful NFL QB from that system will be the first. And going way back to Tim Couch at Kentucky - for whom Leach was the OC - there has been a lot of evidence that systems like that don't produce good pro QBs. Remember the infamous "Peyton Manning versus Ryan Leaf" draft? Leaf was a WSU product and at the time WSU ran a version of the spread that was very similar to what Leach runs. (The Washington-Oregon area was pretty much the birthplace of the spread and run-and-shoot type offenses.)

    Now Washington runs a spread offense too. But Chris Peterson's scheme is more of a spread-pro style blend. They do a lot more running, and a lot more NFL-style routes. If Eason wins the job, Peterson would adapt by emphasizing the pro-style and vertical passing elements of his offense - stuff that his current QB Jake Browning and many of his previous QBs at Boise couldn't do because they couldn't throw the ball more than 35 yards in the air, let alone throw deep outs and such - and de-emphasizing the spread elements. My guess is that Peterson would be glad to do so, because 5 star QB recruits don't go to UW every day. A guy named Jake Locker was a local legend in high school football and when he was at Washington they talked about him the same way that Gators talk about Tim Tebow, and he was only a 4 star recruit. 5 star QBs usually leave Washington for USC, UCLA etc.

    Like it was said in another post on this topic, in retrospect Eason should have followed Richt to Miami. Richt's current QB is a dual threat guy recruited by the previous regime who can't pass very well and despite his dual threat label actually isn't very fast or elusive as a runner either. Eason would have beaten that guy out this year easily and led Miami to 11 or 12 wins as a true sophomore, meaning that he would have entered the draft in 2019 as a strong contender to be the #1 overall draft pick. Now he is going to have to wait that long just to get on the field at a program that has the offensive line and WRs capable of giving him a chance, which UGA did not have when he started in 2016.

    All true, but there was a time in the early late 80's to late 90's when WAZZU was called "QB U". We had:

    Mark Ripien (83-85, Superbowl MVP)
    Tim Rosenbaugh (87-88, 7th in Heisman voting, played for the Cardinals)
    Drew Bledsoe (90-92, you know the story there),
    Ryan Leaf (95-97, you also know the story there).

    For about 15 years, WAZZU was cranking out NFL starting QBs like crazy. There was also Jack Thompson, The Throwin' Samoan, from 75-78. At the time he broke the NCAA record for most career passing yards at 7,818 yards. He was the #1 QB in the 79 draft by the Bengals.

  • donmdonm Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Does ANYONE think that since no announcement has been made and JE is in class at UGA (he is, isn't he) he might not be leaving. Maybe he wants to see what shakes out in the spring? Maybe he is a competitor and wants his job back? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part. THAT would be a great story - spurned QB comes back to win starting job and leads UGA to ......

  • DawggonedDawggoned Posts: 43 ✭ Freshman

    @donm said:
    Does ANYONE think that since no announcement has been made and JE is in class at UGA (he is, isn't he) he might not be leaving. Maybe he wants to see what shakes out in the spring? Maybe he is a competitor and wants his job back? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part. THAT would be a great story - spurned QB comes back to win starting job and leads UGA to ......

    "spurned QB comes back to win starting job and leads UGA to". LOL

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    I do find it odd nothing official yet and apparently had a "change of heart" from the beginning. I would have thought his decision would have been made a long time ago that he was leaving

  • UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Good luck to him. He showed the utmost class in handling this situation, helped Fromm out in every way he could, and stuck with us even after CMR was let go....because he sure didn't have to.

    A DGD, no matter what.

  • UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @JRT812 said:
    I do find it odd nothing official yet and apparently had a "change of heart" from the beginning. I would have thought his decision would have been made a long time ago that he was leaving

    I was told by someone 'in the know' that his decision was made a while back, he told the coaches, and he asked them to bench him so that he would be healthy when he did leave......but, of course, that's just hearsay.

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @UnderDog68 said:

    @JRT812 said:
    I do find it odd nothing official yet and apparently had a "change of heart" from the beginning. I would have thought his decision would have been made a long time ago that he was leaving

    I was told by someone 'in the know' that his decision was made a while back, he told the coaches, and he asked them to bench him so that he would be healthy when he did leave......but, of course, that's just hearsay.

    Well that would make sense and a smart move on his part.

  • mooreearlmooreearl Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

    @pgjackson said:

    @mooreearl said:
    WSU is coached by Mike Leach and runs an air raid spread offense. The next successful NFL QB from that system will be the first. And going way back to Tim Couch at Kentucky - for whom Leach was the OC - there has been a lot of evidence that systems like that don't produce good pro QBs. Remember the infamous "Peyton Manning versus Ryan Leaf" draft? Leaf was a WSU product and at the time WSU ran a version of the spread that was very similar to what Leach runs. (The Washington-Oregon area was pretty much the birthplace of the spread and run-and-shoot type offenses.)

    Now Washington runs a spread offense too. But Chris Peterson's scheme is more of a spread-pro style blend. They do a lot more running, and a lot more NFL-style routes. If Eason wins the job, Peterson would adapt by emphasizing the pro-style and vertical passing elements of his offense - stuff that his current QB Jake Browning and many of his previous QBs at Boise couldn't do because they couldn't throw the ball more than 35 yards in the air, let alone throw deep outs and such - and de-emphasizing the spread elements. My guess is that Peterson would be glad to do so, because 5 star QB recruits don't go to UW every day. A guy named Jake Locker was a local legend in high school football and when he was at Washington they talked about him the same way that Gators talk about Tim Tebow, and he was only a 4 star recruit. 5 star QBs usually leave Washington for USC, UCLA etc.

    Like it was said in another post on this topic, in retrospect Eason should have followed Richt to Miami. Richt's current QB is a dual threat guy recruited by the previous regime who can't pass very well and despite his dual threat label actually isn't very fast or elusive as a runner either. Eason would have beaten that guy out this year easily and led Miami to 11 or 12 wins as a true sophomore, meaning that he would have entered the draft in 2019 as a strong contender to be the #1 overall draft pick. Now he is going to have to wait that long just to get on the field at a program that has the offensive line and WRs capable of giving him a chance, which UGA did not have when he started in 2016.

    All true, but there was a time in the early late 80's to late 90's when WAZZU was called "QB U". We had:

    Mark Ripien (83-85, Superbowl MVP)
    Tim Rosenbaugh (87-88, 7th in Heisman voting, played for the Cardinals)
    Drew Bledsoe (90-92, you know the story there),
    Ryan Leaf (95-97, you also know the story there).

    For about 15 years, WAZZU was cranking out NFL starting QBs like crazy. There was also Jack Thompson, The Throwin' Samoan, from 75-78. At the time he broke the NCAA record for most career passing yards at 7,818 yards. He was the #1 QB in the 79 draft by the Bengals.

    I forgot about Rypien, Rosenbach and especially Bledsoe. So I will grant you that. However, none of those guys were particularly highly rated recruits, not even Bledsoe.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.