What will Saban do?

amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
edited January 11 in Football

I don’t think he’s going anywhere right now, but one more NC ….. Maybe? What do you think? If Saban wins another championship at Bama, will he?

What will Saban do? 64 votes

Stay at Bama
75%
donmBamaDawgJayDogHankmagicdawgJoelSidneyKellydawgnmsBrentBullyDawgSWARLES_BARKLEYtfk_fanboyJMFDbubbadawgArchDawg90thehutch40jtdawg2020willpruden3CoachRob16HotDawgsAndMustarddawg 48 votes
Retire
15%
amjadawgsCZCashvilleDawgBiffLowmangeorgiaduck22SavannahDawg1AgDawgTARDAWGHotDiggetyDawgag05047RTR4everRTR 10 votes
Give the NFL another shot
9%
BiggerBadDawghall1138bstripDiablo_and_DocinsertusernamehereDAWGbyGraceofGod 6 votes

Comments

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Stay at Bama

I don't think he considers retiring until he passes Bear Bryant's record on NC wins.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Stay at Bama

He isn't going anywhere.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

I don't think he's ever going to retire whether it be college level or pro level he's going to have to be pushed out the door he's too competitive. Now as far as him going to the NFL who knows?

• bstripbstrip Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman
    Give the NFL another shot

I think there’s a possibility he leaves for the NFL if a team he likes would give him complete control of the team and draft.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@bstrip said:
    I think there’s a possibility he leaves for the NFL if a team he likes would give him complete control of the team and draft.

Yeah the ultimate bucket list if you’re a head coach would be to topple bear Bryant’s record, and then also go win some Super Bowls. At least it would be for me

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Stay at Bama

Making over $10 million a year he isn't going anywhere.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Stay at Bama

@JayDog said:
    I don't think he considers retiring until he passes Bear Bryant's record on NC wins.

^^THIS^^ And honestly, I hope it's next year so he'll carry his A$$ on.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Retire from coaching and take his unopened bottle of Coke to the Gameday Set replacing Corso if Spurrier does not get the gig first.

Stay at Bama

@BobcatGrad said:
    Retire from coaching and take his unopened bottle of Coke to the Gameday Set replacing Corso if Spurrier does not get the gig first.

I hope Spurrier does NOT get that gig. I will not watch him crap on Georgia all season.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 330 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 11
    Stay at Bama

Stays at Bama.

He tried the NFL and the egos there are bigger than his

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

None of the above. Retires in roughly 4 years from Bama, whether he wins all 4 years or none. That’ll put him at 70 years old.

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 11
    Stay at Bama

But this depends on how long it takes for him to win another natty... dude is getting old

Saban is 66 years old

(Not to offend any of you fine folks that around his age, my point is this Job is the definition of HIGH STRESS)

I don't know about yall, but he has millions in the bank and at some point ,soon I imagine, hes gonna wake up and say "Im too old for this $&*t" He wouldn't stay at Bama just for money, he there still because he loves the game.

My guess is that 70 years old mark is when he starts heavily considering retiring. So hes got 4 years in my assumption.

He would immediately be offered tons of TV Panel/host gigs to come on and review games and speculate (which I'm sure he would get paid well for) So it aint about the money.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 151 ✭✭✭ Junior

He’s gonna do whatever the heck Miss Terri tells him to do!

• KingKirbyKingKirby Posts: 17 ✭✭ Sophmore
    Stay at Bama

Saban appears to be a really young 66.

He looks to be in better shape than Bobby Bowden who was forced out at 80 or Joe Paterno who was fired just before his 85th birthday.

Those guys coached to much older ages than most, but I'm not ready to discount the possibility that Saban is at Bama for another 15 years.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Stay at Bama

Don’t understand why he would go back to the NFL. Dude is set and living like a king. He is making bank and making history, and the work is left for his other coaches as far as recruiting goes.

He ain’t going anywhere and hope he doesn’t until we at least hit them back next year

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BobcatGrad said:

Lord please no, don't let them hire Spurrier. I halfway expect the SEC Network to give him some type of job next year. I like watching the SEC guys, but not w/ him. I. H. A. T. E. Spurrier

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Stay at Bama

@daddydawg72 said:

@BobcatGrad said:

Lord please no, don't let them hire Spurrier. I halfway expect the SEC Network to give him some type of job next year. I like watching the SEC guys, but not w/ him. I. H. A. T. E. Spurrier

That would probably make me want to wish I hit a deer on the road travling home. Totaling my truck and ejecting me out of the truck. Unconscious and being scooped up by Bambi’s hood, only to wake up and learn how to adjust with life living with a pack of deer like kind from jungle book

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Stay at Bama

Saban is not going anywhere until he retires which will probably not be for another three to five years at least. If we want to be the man we are going to have to figure out how to beat the man. He's going to be there awhile yet

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 284 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is this like "What would Jesus do?"

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Retire

@BoulderDawg said:
    Is this like "What would Jesus do?"

Although COMPLETE opposites, I did intend that. B)

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Retire

I worded the question (or at least intended to) as to preface the poll choices “assuming he wins another NC.” Firstly, GREAT responses guys/girls! I know he seems cemented at Bama, but if he wins another, wouldn’t that put him ahead of the Bear? And like some of you, I see no reason he would give the NFL another shot, but we have to remember what goes along with coaching dynasties – EGO DYNASTIES. I think he would retire, but wouldn’t rule out another NFL shot.

• RTR4everRTRRTR4everRTR Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman
    Retire

3-4 yrs. Retire. But I think passing Bear is important to him even though he won't say it. He for sure wants 1 more natty.

• RaiderbeaterRaiderbeater Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman

He doesn’t start considering it until 70. 4 years at least.

Good news is I’m rather young (in the grand scheme of things) and Kirby is only 42....with no heir apparent at Alabama. ;)

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Stay at Bama

Saban isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 16
    Stay at Bama

Saban made $7.125M in 2017 plus a signing bonus of $4M (He does not make $11M every year). He will make $7.125M in 2018, $7.525M in 2019 and 2020, and $10.325 in 2021 (which includes a bonus of $3.6M).
    I think He will retire after the 2021 season.

• shhmittyshhmitty Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JayDog said:

@BobcatGrad said:

I hope Spurrier does NOT get that gig. I will not watch him crap on Georgia all season.

Living in South Carolina, I would make it a point to listen to as many press conferences of Spurriers as I could. He is a hoot, and I always would end up laughing my arse off at the stuff he would say. You can't take Spurrier personal, if you do he'll get under your skin, if you don't he's the funniest person you'll ever hear speak.

Stay at Bama

@shhmitty said:

@JayDog said:

@BobcatGrad said:

Living in South Carolina, I would make it a point to listen to as many press conferences of Spurriers as I could. He is a hoot, and I always would end up laughing my arse off at the stuff he would say. You can't take Spurrier personal, if you do he'll get under your skin, if you don't he's the funniest person you'll ever hear speak.

His hatred for UGA is well documented. He is more than just kidding around when he talks about us.