Specific Players to Watch next year at UGA

amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know there are other threads relative to this one, but couldn’t find the right one, so started a new one. If you had to pick only 5 players that you are really excited to see play next year (try to only list the guys you FEEL CONFIDENT will be starters), who would they be? For me, it’s Fromm, Swift, Ridley, Grant and LeCounte. There are several right behind those, like Godwin, Poole, Holyfield, White, Nauta, Woerner and others, but list your top 5.

Comments

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior

1 Swift
    2 Fromm
    3 Hardman
    4 LeCounte
    5 Godwin

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophmore

Fromm
    Swift
    Slayer
    Godwin
    LeCounte

• KingPurpleLlamaKingPurpleLlama Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Swift
    Wilson (or whoever ends up being our right tackle)
    DeAndre Walker
    Lecounte
    Tyler Clark

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hardman and Clark are big also. Clark was the best DL we had in the playoff games and Hardman, although I don’t think he’ll be the “wow factor” WR, has shown he could be a difference maker as a return man as well as an explosive player on offense.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would say Gibbs...what is going to happen with him? I agree w/ LeCount, but when CKS says we would of loved to recruit 13 guys like Gibbs thats huge. Fromm is a big one bc he will need to step into the leadership void left by The Big Four. Swift will be key to carry on the tradition, I'd pick out one of our big receivers, Landers or JJ or if Ridley can continue the run we say in the NC...and someone to step up as a CB duno who...maybe Speed?

@cf_ugaman said:
    I would say Gibbs...what is going to happen with him? I agree w/ LeCount, but when CKS says we would of loved to recruit 13 guys like Gibbs thats huge. Fromm is a big one bc he will need to step into the leadership void left by The Big Four. Swift will be key to carry on the tradition, I'd pick out one of our big receivers, Landers or JJ or if Ridley can continue the run we say in the NC...and someone to step up as a CB duno who...maybe Speed?

Could be Bishop, Webb or Poole also. But I agree, we have to improve in the secondary

• godawgs17godawgs17 Posts: 76 ✭✭ Sophmore

Richie
    Holloman
    Beal
    D Walker
    Gibbs

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 244 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fromm
    Swift
    Deandre Walker
    Andrew Thomas
    Richard Lecounte

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Isaiah Wilson for the open O-line spot.
    D’Andre Swift Number one running back.
    Mark Webb from what I hear will be one of our CB's
    Trenton Thompson Will finally be healthy and show why he was the highest rated recruit in 2015.
    Jeremiah Holloman the hamstring will heal and he will show his size and speed.

@oldon42 said:
    Isaiah Wilson for the open O-line spot.
    D’Andre Swift Number one running back.
    Mark Webb from what I hear will be one of our CB's
    Trenton Thompson Will finally be healthy and show why he was the highest rated recruit in 2015.
    Jeremiah Holloman the hamstring will heal and he will show his size and speed.

Good call on Mark Webb I do hope he develops and starts to give us the big corner we need..

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 413 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ridley could become our go to receiver with the way he played in the Natty!!!

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Holyfield- think he gets the bruiser role but as the #2

Mecole- I think he just scratched the surface last yr. he gonna get a dynamic Spec team play and he had some drops earlier as he was still learning the position.

Andrew Thomas- want to see how he fills in at LT

Cb- Who ever comes out of camp as the CB- Webb, Speed, Gibbs, McGhee, etc

Julian Rochester- I thought his freshman yr was better than sophomore yr so I hope he breaks out

• ddodsonddodson Posts: 25 ✭ Freshman

Fromm - Another year of experience and a beefier O Line to protect him.
    Walker - Played steady early on, but became much more explosive towards the end of the season.
    Swift - Next year's bell cow along with Cook (if White is still healing).
    Ridley - National Championship game, enough said.
    Clark - I believe he will turn out to be a better player than Thompson.

Bonus: (Just for Fun)
    Anderson - I believe with some weight gain, he will take some first team reps.
    Salyer - I believe he will play a guard position and start his freshman year. There's something about them PACE boys.
    LeCounte - A better version of Sanders.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Big Ben for me - I am liking what I see so far.... really just want to see a line of hogs
    Who was that guy that plays D that has a medical issue, but went home - hope Gibbs is around and lives up to the hype
    J.R - what a great get, but has improvement and hope he takes the next step
    Count - nothing to say
    Zeus - Hope the legend lives

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭ Junior

Swift
    Wilson - read he's really looked good during bowl practice
    LeCounte
    Speed - CB/star?
    Walker - great upside, but he worries me some w/his once a game boneheaded play
    *Also looking forward to see Holyfield get more snaps.

• JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fromm
    Swift
    Rochester
    Lecounte
    Godwin
    And btw sorry for the dang down vote @amjadawgs this **** iPhone with my fat fingers

@Jesupdawg said:
    Fromm
    Swift
    Rochester
    Lecounte
    Godwin
    And btw sorry for the dang down vote @amjadawgs this **** iPhone with my fat fingers

Thought Godwin was a senior

@ddodson said:
    Fromm - Another year of experience and a beefier O Line to protect him.
    Walker - Played steady early on, but became much more explosive towards the end of the season.
    Swift - Next year's bell cow along with Cook (if White is still healing).
    Ridley - National Championship game, enough said.
    Clark - I believe he will turn out to be a better player than Thompson.

Bonus: (Just for Fun)
    Anderson - I believe with some weight gain, he will take some first team reps.
    Salyer - I believe he will play a guard position and start his freshman year. There's something about them PACE boys.
    LeCounte - A better version of Sanders.

Could definitely see Salyer taking Bakers guard spot

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Speed I think he is going to make a push into the starting role and his size will be huge factor next year.
    Walker going to be a force always was around the ball. Now his football IQ is lacking but he gives 100% every play.

• hall1138hall1138 Posts: 55 ✭✭ Sophmore

@JRT812 said:

@Jesupdawg said:
    Fromm
    Swift
    Rochester
    Lecounte
    Godwin

He is a Junior. He will be a great leader next year!

@hall1138 said:

@JRT812 said:

@Jesupdawg said:
    Fromm
    Swift
    Rochester
    Lecounte
    Godwin

As I’ve said many times, Godwin’s family is only 10 minutes away from me. I can’t swear it to be the gospel, but I did hear Godwin had some “adjustments” to make to fit CKS’ culture change, but he has FULLY bought in now. And I do agree, he will be a GREAT leader next season.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior
    1. Johnathan Ledbetter: everyone got to see what senior leadership did for this last team and Ledbetter should set the tone and the edge up front in 2018.

2. Elijah Holyfield: everyone knows about swift but UGA is where it is because they use multiple backs and pound the rock. Elijah should be the chubb to swift's michel in terms of running styles.

3. Tyler Clark: if Thompson comes back then I will go out on a limb and say UGA may have the best defense front in the country next year along with Rochester plugging the middle.

4. Riley Ridley: Wims was the most productive receiver in '17, big bodied guy, the year before it was Isaiah McKenzie, slot guy. I think Ridley needs to have a big year for UGA to be uber successful. I honestly thought he would breakout in 2017 but maybe I was just a year early on him.

5. DeAndre Baker: I know he is mulling over his options for the NFL, and like BA said on the podcast the other day, if we would have been looking for him to have a big year then his success wouldn't have been a surprise. But NFL guys want film and 1 awesome season of film is great but doing it back to back seasons is what gets you paid.

@hall1138 said:

@JRT812 said:

@Jesupdawg said:
    Fromm
    Swift
    Rochester
    Lecounte
    Godwin

Thanks for the clarification

• ddodsonddodson Posts: 25 ✭ Freshman

@dbrown7494 said:
    Speed I think he is going to make a push into the starting role and his size will be huge factor next year.
    Walker going to be a force always was around the ball. Now his football IQ is lacking but he gives 100% every play.

I agree about Speed. Pair him with potentially a Tyson Campbell, LeCounte, Baker, Gibbs and Reed and sprinkle in another year of good coaching from Smart and Tucker and the secondary could morph from suspect to strength. Exciting times are in store for the secondary!!!

• fmr33fmr33 Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophmore
    1. Deandre Walker - Hopefully the leader of the Wolfpack next year.
    2. Ben Cleveland - such a welcome addition to the line this year. Would leave to see him take the next step.
    3. Riley Ridley - as others mentioned his natty performance was inspiring and I hope he rises to the top of a dynamic group of receivers.
    4. Richie - would love to see him become the leader of the secondary along with DB
    5. Tyler Clark - looked fantastic down the stretch and would love to see him lead the DL

Honorable mention: Isaac Nauta. Would love to see his role continue to expand on the offense. Great potential!!!

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Isaiah Wilson to replace Andrew Thomas at RT when he moves to LT.
    Elijah Holyfield to pair up with Swift at least till Zamir White is ready. I tend to be much more cautious about Zamir White's recovery than most on the board.
    Jeremiah Holloman he looked real good before he hurt his hamstring.
    Richard LeCounte III & Mark Webb lots of holes in DB to fill.
    Matt Landers to fill Wims as Georgia's big receiver. I also like Tommy Bush Jr. but he has not yet signed.
    Devonte Wyatt with his speed and size, along with a year of JC should make an impression right away.
    Monty Rice, Nate, McBride, Walter Grant, Robert Beal Jr., Tae Crowder and Robert Beal Jr. Georgia needs to replace a lot of line backers I hope this group can do it.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Acrum21 said:

1. Tyler Clark: if Thompson comes back then I will go out on a limb and say UGA may have the best defense front in the country next year...

Agreed on Clark. He and Marshall from that group of DT's in 2016 have played exceptional. Hopefully Michail Carter can emerge as the player we all thought he would be. As for Rochester, he still seems to have trouble locating the QB on his pass rush; And he graded out pretty low in the NC game. However, I loved that knee to the ribs on Baker (he was pushed) in the Rose Bowl.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 231 ✭✭✭ Junior

McBride, LeCounte and Holyfield.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Want to see this retooled beefy line opening huge holes and giving Fromm all day to throw

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wilson
    LeCounte
    Swift
    Ridley
    Simmons