Does Fields beat out Fromm?

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

Do you guys think that Fields will be out Fromm for the starting position next year?

Do y'all think Fields will even play any next year?

«13

Comments

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    No, he will not beat him out. Will he play...yes. There will be plenty of opportunity for garbage time next year. I would love to RS him next year, but I think we will only have 2 scholarship QBs on the roster.

  • amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    He will have to play. He will be 2nd in line at the beginning of camp. I am really excited about Fields, but I think Fromm holds on to the #1 spot .

  • UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    He'll play. But...Be the starter all year? I don't think so, unless, heaven forbid, we have another injury situation like we just had. That would mean we have had to start a true freshman all 3 years Kirby will have been here.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @law_dawg35 said:
    Do you guys think that Fields will be out Fromm for the starting position next year?

    Do y'all think Fields will even play any next year?

    Without a clear second string QB, Fields will probably not redshirt. In that case, he will play often. If we could perhaps get a JUCO or FCS QB in here to back up Fromm, (don't FCS players get to transfer without sitting out?) then Fields should redshirt. Of course, if he could beat Fromm for the starting job, then all bets are off. That is highly unlikely, however. Fromm is going to improve his game and his knowledge in the offseason. Our receiver corps will improve as well.

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Agree with the others. The interesting part is both our 2nd and 3rd string qb's are out

  • law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

    I dont think Fields will stick around more than 2 years if he's not starting. He is just way too talented, kinda like Eason.

  • Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 135 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 11

    The interesting part is that Jacob Eason hasnt confirmed anything to my knowledge

  • cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    I agree he doesn't beat Fromm, but he will play. And Fields won't transfer...I do see us picking up a 3rd scholly QB somewhere...just don't know where.

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @Midnite_Train said:
    The interesting part is that Jacob Eason hasnt confirmed anything to my knowledge

    Thought the same thing yesterday

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JRT812 said:

    @Midnite_Train said:
    The interesting part is that Jacob Eason hasnt confirmed anything to my knowledge

    Thought the same thing yesterday

    If Eason stays--Fields will redshirt.

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JayDog said:

    @JRT812 said:

    @Midnite_Train said:
    The interesting part is that Jacob Eason hasnt confirmed anything to my knowledge

    Thought the same thing yesterday

    If Eason stays--Fields will redshirt.

    That would be ideal! Then let Eason get a lot more play time during the regular season. Who knows...maybe he could have come in in the second half against Bama and got the ball moving. Two can play that game.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @pgjackson said:

    @JayDog said:

    @JRT812 said:

    @Midnite_Train said:
    The interesting part is that Jacob Eason hasnt confirmed anything to my knowledge

    Thought the same thing yesterday

    If Eason stays--Fields will redshirt.

    That would be ideal! Then let Eason get a lot more play time during the regular season. Who knows...maybe he could have come in in the second half against Bama and got the ball moving. Two can play that game.

    I believe Eason can beat Fromm to start. I assume Fromm is going to work on arm strength in the offseason. But Eason has so much arm talent--all he needs to do is show he has improved in the mental part of the game to beat Jake. He will certainly get to share time next year if he shows marginal improvement. They will fight it out on the field.

  • DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophmore

    @law_dawg35 said:
    I dont think Fields will stick around more than 2 years if he's not starting. He is just way too talented, kinda like Eason.

    Would it benefit him to leave even in that scenario?

    He's in for one year regardless. Assuming Fromm doesn't let go of the starting job, we'll go into 2019 with Fromm as a Junior and Fields as a sophmore.

    If Fields transfers... he'll either sit out Fromm's junior year at a new school or back him up at UGA. And at that point... Fromm could easily be heading on to the NFL. I'm not sure Fields would actually gain anything by leaving.

  • law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

    @DawginSC said:

    @law_dawg35 said:
    I dont think Fields will stick around more than 2 years if he's not starting. He is just way too talented, kinda like Eason.

    Would it benefit him to leave even in that scenario?

    He's in for one year regardless. Assuming Fromm doesn't let go of the starting job, we'll go into 2019 with Fromm as a Junior and Fields as a sophmore.

    If Fields transfers... he'll either sit out Fromm's junior year at a new school or back him up at UGA. And at that point... Fromm could easily be heading on to the NFL. I'm not sure Fields would actually gain anything by leaving.

    You maybe right....on a side note does Eason have to sit out a year if he transfers?

  • DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophmore

    Yes, Eason would have to sit out a year. 2 years if UGA didn't release him (we probably wound not release him to any SEC school but would to anywhere else).

  • PigeonsPigeons Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    No

  • godawgsgodawgs Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

    If Fields is accurate, can read defenses, and throws a catchable ball, then he has a chance at beating out Fromm. Those are three big ifs.

  • BrentBrent Posts: 23 ✭ Freshman

    @JayDog said:

    @pgjackson said:

    @JayDog said:

    @JRT812 said:

    @Midnite_Train said:
    The interesting part is that Jacob Eason hasnt confirmed anything to my knowledge

    Thought the same thing yesterday

    If Eason stays--Fields will redshirt.

    That would be ideal! Then let Eason get a lot more play time during the regular season. Who knows...maybe he could have come in in the second half against Bama and got the ball moving. Two can play that game.

    I believe Eason can beat Fromm to start. I assume Fromm is going to work on arm strength in the offseason. But Eason has so much arm talent--all he needs to do is show he has improved in the mental part of the game to beat Jake. He will certainly get to share time next year if he shows marginal improvement. They will fight it out on the field.

    There is little question that Eason is much more physically gifted. I personally like Eason more but I am thrilled with what Fromm did. Also, Eason is still unproved. He played an entire year but is far from what I think is his full potential. I sure hope he stays but it is not looking good.

    Fields on the other hand looks like he could be a better college player than Eason or Fromm. What a luxury we have at UGA. Go Dawgs.

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Fromm is going to be another Murray. Not as physically gifted as Eason (the way Murray wasn't as gifted as Stafford), but you don't need to be 6'5", 230lbs with a cannon in college. If I was picking my team and my QB choices are Staff and Murray, I'm taking Murray every time. The guy just had "it". Fromm has "it" also. I don't care about NFL potential...I don't even watch the NFL anymore. Fromm got it done this year and should be a lot better next year. With Chubb and Michel gone, I expect to see a lot more passing in 2018. The offense will be something like Fromm 3,100 yards, Swift 1300 yards, White 800 yards. We do need to be a little more balanced on offense.

  • Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

    Fromm baring any injury starts.

  • FunroeFunroe Posts: 116 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Whoever our QB is next year I just hope they learn to slide and get down when on the run lol

  • BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 201 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Fromm just lead us to a National Championship Game and y'all are STILL discussing whether or not Eason or Fields can beat him out? Fromm isn't the reason we lost that game. Conservative play calling in the second half and a weak secondary lost the game. Fromm is going to have a statue outside of Sanford once he leaves Athens.

  • donmdonm Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @DawginSC said:
    Yes, Eason would have to sit out a year. 2 years if UGA didn't release him (we probably wound not release him to any SEC school but would to anywhere else).

    depends upon where he transfers...FCS or Div II or JUCO - no sitting. FBS requires one year of sitting. I can't see him going anywhere but FBS, so he'd have to sit a year.

  • donmdonm Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @DawginSC said:

    @law_dawg35 said:
    I dont think Fields will stick around more than 2 years if he's not starting. He is just way too talented, kinda like Eason.

    Would it benefit him to leave even in that scenario?

    He's in for one year regardless. Assuming Fromm doesn't let go of the starting job, we'll go into 2019 with Fromm as a Junior and Fields as a sophmore.

    If Fields transfers... he'll either sit out Fromm's junior year at a new school or back him up at UGA. And at that point... Fromm could easily be heading on to the NFL. I'm not sure Fields would actually gain anything by leaving.

    This is crazy to talk about JF transferring. NO ONE knows what's going to happen tomorrow let alone in 2019. Yikes!!

  • law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

    I dont know if Eason will transfer...if he does he will only have a year of eligibility left....may benefit his to stay and try to win his job back.

  • BrentBrent Posts: 23 ✭ Freshman

    @BoroDawg said:
    Fromm just lead us to a National Championship Game and y'all are STILL discussing whether or not Eason or Fields can beat him out? Fromm isn't the reason we lost that game. Conservative play calling in the second half and a weak secondary lost the game. Fromm is going to have a statue outside of Sanford once he leaves Athens.

    Everything you said is correct, however, an upgrade is an upgrade. This is simply asking if we could have an upgrade at that position.

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    They will have at least one package set up specifically for him.

    You don’t park a Ferrari

  • oldon42oldon42 Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 11

    For some reason the new guy is thought to be better than the current players. I think the only player currently on the teams that could beat out Fromm next year is Eason. If in the unlikely event that he does not transfer.

    I think as a general rule with the level of talent at Georgia. Experience is going to be as if not more important than the difference in talent for any freshman. For 2018 the place where talent would most likely win out is at CB. If Georgia signs either or both Isaac Taylor-Stuart and or Tyson Campbell.

  • CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Fromm isn't losing his job. To be honest, I've seen Fields play in HS twice and I personally don't see what everyone is seeing hype wise. I think he is a very good player, but not the best QB in the nation. But again that is just my opinion.

    Either way Fromm isn't losing the starting spot.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @BoroDawg said:
    Fromm just lead us to a National Championship Game and y'all are STILL discussing whether or not Eason or Fields can beat him out? Fromm isn't the reason we lost that game. Conservative play calling in the second half and a weak secondary lost the game. Fromm is going to have a statue outside of Sanford once he leaves Athens.

    Every position is a competition--no matter who you are or what you've done. It is one of the things we love about Kirby. You have to win your job each and every week. As much as I love Fromm, I don't know yet if he is going to be better than Aaron Murray. That remains to be seen. As for why we lost the game--I agree. Got to keep the pedal to the metal.

«13
Sign In or Register to comment.