Have there been any announcements yet about players leaving early?

DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I scanned through the site but didn't notice. I expected to hear something by now... especially about the more obvious guys.

Comments

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 298 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I haven't heard a single concrete announcement from a jr. Maybe someone else has?

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nope.... was wonderingnthe same thing. I'm assuming Raquon is gone, but have no idea about the others.

Did hear the LSU had 6 declare early..... wow....

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 12

Yeah, I've seen plenty of announcements from other teams and the deadline is January 15th... which is next Monday. I expected Roquan at least to be announced. I'm getting a completely unfounded optimistic thought that Roquan might stay.

Realistically... that sounds silly. But the delay in announcing is starting to make me wonder...

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 298 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DawginSC said:
    Yeah, I've seen plenty of announcements from other teams and the deadline is January 15th... which is next Monday. I expected Roquan at least to be announced. I'm getting a completely unfounded optimistic thought that Roquan might stay.

Realistically... that sounds silly. But the delay in announcing is starting to make me wonder...

If the deadline is Monday, then it is very interesting that no one has declared yet. The delay is really intriguing. Could Roquan and DeAndre really be considering coming back?

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

According to NFL.COM:

"Underclassmen have until Jan. 15 to file declaration papers with the league. The official list of underclassmen accepted by the NFL will be released to NFL teams on Jan. 19."

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It seems it would help with recruiting if they would already declare. Although, I guess a few days doesn’t matter that much. But if Baker leaves early, then that has to peak the interest of Campbell and ITS that much more. There’s already playing time available at CB, but if Baker left then it’d be wide open at both spots. Also, if Roquan left, then that has to help with Walker.

• tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Teddy said:
    It seems it would help with recruiting if they would already declare. Although, I guess a few days doesn’t matter that much. But if Baker leaves early, then that has to peak the interest of Campbell and ITS that much more. There’s already playing time available at CB, but if Baker left then it’d be wide open at both spots. Also, if Roquan left, then that has to help with Walker.

No offense to walker, but Id take 1 more year of Quan over 4 years of walker any day.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tymoon31 said:

@Teddy said:

No offense to walker, but Id take 1 more year of Quan over 4 years of walker any day.

I’ll take both. Greed is good with Kirby at the helm. Don’t settle like Richt.

• tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Teddy said:

@tymoon31 said:

@Teddy said:

I’ll take both. Greed is good with Kirby at the helm. Don’t settle like Richt.

I completely agree, just sayin if I had to choose. But Walker could learn a lot from Roquan.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The rumor mill says Roquan mother wants him to stay and get the degree. He is the first kid in the family to go to college and she wants the degree. His dad also said we might be hurting for money as a family but we if he goes pro it is his money. Not the family money. So I’m going to go 60-40 on staying or leaving with him. I think Baker will probably stay as well.

• ag05047ag05047 Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Trent Thompson announced he’s leaving early

• mleemlee Posts: 660 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope all the kids that leave get drafted or make it on free agency if they leave.. Making the league min is a lot of money for playing a game! Good luck to all the UGA Grads and early departures!

• donmdonm Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dbrown7494 said:
    The rumor mill says Roquan mother wants him to stay and get the degree. He is the first kid in the family to go to college and she wants the degree. His dad also said we might be hurting for money as a family but we if he goes pro it is his money. Not the family money. So I’m going to go 60-40 on staying or leaving with him. I think Baker will probably stay as well.

what an awesome thing for his dad to say. Good on him.