Hate it. Good luck

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not seeing that anywhere.

• tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭ Junior

@pgjackson said:
    Not seeing that anywhere.

He put it out on twitter.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, now that it has happened, and I knew it was coming...this sucks. Great comments on his twitter.

I just hope he remembers the UGA is the only "DAWGS". UW is the "Dogs". Seriously.

Go Cougs!!!! Bone the Dogs.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 339 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hate it but knew it was coming. Good luck big fella, be pulling for ya’ !

• mleemlee Posts: 408 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well that stinks but can't fault the kid for wanting to play.. I will be cheering for him unless he meets our dawgs in a playoff battle.. Then its Dawgs first Skinny second..

• donmdonm Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope he balls out and has a great NFL career. I just hate what happened to him, but kind of understand. I, too, am of the opinion that they dawgs would have had a great season if he had been inserted back into the lineup. Time to move on...one less thing to fret about now.

• pastordawgpastordawg Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophmore

Wish him the best wherever he lands he was a good Dawg

• JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

@donm said:
    I, too, am of the opinion that they dawgs would have had a great season if he had been inserted back into the lineup.

Is it to hard to ask what do you classify as a great season?

• Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 247 ✭✭✭ Junior

We never got a chance this last season to see whether he has learned to play under center. If he hasn't, he can still do well in the pac 12. and he will get a chance in the NFL either way.
    He was a class act and a DGD.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Jesupdawg said:

@donm said:
    I, too, am of the opinion that they dawgs would have had a great season if he had been inserted back into the lineup.

Guessing 15-0 and the natty.....lol!

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well there ya go... dang it. The unknowns are going to kill me between the what if's from the calls in the championship game and what does Eason really look like as a QB now that he is not a Fr.

• DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 136 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anybody catch what Big Ben Watson tweeted to him. Dawgnation is wonderful.

Blessings on your next step. Glad you wore the red and black. I’m a transfer product myself. As it was for me, sometimes it’s the best move. Looking forward to watching you succeed!

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenjaminSWatson/status/951898241708318723

• donmdonm Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Jesupdawg said:

@donm said:

13-2 and a loss in the NCS game. I was trying to say the dawgs might have been equally successful (had a great season) if Eason hadn't gotten hurt or had earned his job back. Wasn't at all saying 13-2 wasn't a great season.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@donm said:

@Jesupdawg said:

@donm said:

13-2 and a loss in the NCS game. I was trying to say the dawgs might have been equally successful (had a great season) if Eason hadn't gotten hurt or had earned his job back. Wasn't at all saying 13-2 wasn't a great season.

As great as Fromm was this season. I do not think he was the reason for the great season other than where would Georgia have been without him after Eason was hurt.. I think it had more to do with the O-line running backs and defense. There was a reason that for most of the season Fromm was thought of as a game manager.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 396 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wish him well but there's more to this, why not stay and compete with Fromm? By the time JE was healthy the team had gelled and had too much momentum. He handled it with class but still it seems like he's running from competition but that's just me.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Eason is making a business decision. He wants to be a pro Quarterback. He has 2 years of eligibility left. If he stays at Georgia what are the realistic odds he is going to beat out Fromm next year. The only way he come out ahead by staying at Georgia is by starting next year and playing well enough to be a high draft choice. If he goes to Washington and sits out a year. He still has two 2 years of eligibility left. and a degree. plus a year and a half towards a masters.

• levanderlevander Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:
    I wish him well but there's more to this, why not stay and compete with Fromm? By the time JE was healthy the team had gelled and had too much momentum. He handled it with class but still it seems like he's running from competition but that's just me.

Some of you guys really buy the “it depends on practice” bit hook, line, and sinker...

I’m sure if you goof off in practice and act silly, Kirby will bench you. Or if you’re just phoning it in, Kirby will bench you. But when you got two talented QB’s working hard, there’s just no really way to know which one is going to perform better in-game just based on practice. However, Jake had a LOT more in-game time behind center this year. And people were very happy with how he played.

Jacob is not winning that job back short of extenuating circumstances like a Fromm injury.

So weird to me so many of you guys bought that, “whoever practices best” line when it came to Jake vs Jacob after Jacob got healthy.

Chaney admitted it was simply on field performance in his Rose Bowl press conference.

@levander said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

Some of you guys really buy the “it depends on practice” bit hook, line, and sinker...

I’m sure if you goof off in practice and act silly, Kirby will bench you. Or if you’re just phoning it in, Kirby will bench you. But when you got two talented QB’s working hard, there’s just no really way to know which one is going to perform better in-game just based on practice. However, Jake had a LOT more in-game time behind center this year. And people were very happy with how he played.

Jacob is not winning that job back short of extenuating circumstances like a Fromm injury.

So weird to me so many of you guys bought that, “whoever practices best” line when it came to Jake vs Jacob after Jacob got healthy.

Chaney admitted it was simply on field performance in his Rose Bowl press conference.

@levander said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

100% agree

Also, even though we didn’t get to experience the year with Eason, it sure felt there was a connection and smoothness with the offense while Fromm was running it.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t think this is so much of an issue that he does not want to compete, but the fact the team wants to utilize the RPO, and Eason’s limited mobility is not a good match.

A QB Room of Eason, Fromm and Trevor Lawrence has a more comparable skill set than a QB Room of Eason, Fromm and Fields. If you consider Stetson Bennett, his skill set is more similar to Fields than it is Lawrence. The offense is headed in a different direction than in 2015 when Jacob committed to Richt.

I also think that watching his parents traveling so far in a season where he did not dress for several games and then being a backup was a consideration. If Jacob’s skill set was more comparable with the other Quarterbacks and the schemes and his parents lived in the Southeast it would be an easier decision to stay.

I look forward to following Jacob in the future and wish him great success.

• hall1138hall1138 Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophmore

He will do great things for his home state. Good Luck DGD!

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read every post above and most were great, but a few seemed to disparage Eason and or his decision. If I misunderstood I apologize, if I didn't then let me say YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG.

Eason has shown nothing but the right stuff. He (a teenager) handled this situation better that most of us would have.

I wish him nothing but the best. I hope he rips the PAC 12 a new Ahole and goes #2 in the draft 3 years from now right behind a cat name Fromm.