Trent Going Pro

chattanoogadawgchattanoogadawg Posts: 103 ✭✭✭ Junior

Really don't get this one. Still, best of luck. I'm sure he will kill it like all our NFL Dawgs.

Comments

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I heard his family was in need. I wish him all the best.

• chattanoogadawgchattanoogadawg Posts: 103 ✭✭✭ Junior

@oldon42 Seems likely. I just feel for the guy because he could have made much more draft day $ if he waited.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very thoughtful statement by Trent. I wish him all the luck in the professional ranks and hopes he has a chance to walk through the Arch in Athens in the future.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Suddenly looking a little thin on DL.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

I feel like he would have stayed 4 years if Rocker was still coaching. DGD and good luck at the next level big guy!

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 50 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm wondering if he didn't get along with the new coaching staff. I know him and Rocker were close.

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 137 ✭✭✭ Junior

Go ahead and add Raquon Smith to that list too even if his dad didn't have cancer, he's still way too good of a player to not go. This is why I said 2018 Georgia is going 11-2 or 10-3. Losing that senior leadership along with key juniors will be though. 2019 Georgia should be better, and I expect the 2020 team to be back where we left off and win it all.

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

How's the DL looking? DL recruiting hasn't been as phenomenal as other positions the last 2 years.

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 137 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JKFlyfish said:
    How's the DL looking? DL recruiting hasn't been as phenomenal as other positions the last 2 years.

Please tell me this isn't true..... I need to look back at our 2018 recruiting class and see if the majority of those positions were defense or offense.

Trent will be missed next year but losing Atkins to graduation and his role in the defensive scheme with his body type is what concerns me the most.

I think Netori Johnson can be a tremendous OG at Georgia, but with so many at that position, I wonder if he is a consideration at DT to replace Atkins since we missed on Cooper. My preference would be to leave Netori at OG if we can sign Sandidge. Making this move would be contingent on Hayes being viable as a second team OT along with Mays/Wilson RT which would keep Cleveland at Guard.

• chattanoogadawgchattanoogadawg Posts: 103 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ledbetter, Clark, Marshall, Rochester, Michail Carter, Malik Herring, Hawkins-Muckle, Wyatt, Barnett. Think we'll be able to make something of that...

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@chattanoogadawg said:
    Ledbetter, Clark, Marshall, Rochester, Michail Carter, Malik Herring, Hawkins-Muckle, Wyatt, Barnett. Think we'll be able to make something of that...

Hopefully we add one more this class because next year you lose Ledbetter and Hawkins-Muckle with a chance that Clark would go early the way he has played this year. 2019 we will have to go after big fellas heavy with the bulk of this group listed are all going to be Juniors next season.

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

But he promised he was staying a few weeks ago. Just goes to show you have no idea what these players are being told plus he's been hurt on a off for the last year.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@chattanoogadawg said:
    @oldon42 Seems likely. I just feel for the guy because he could have made much more draft day $ if he waited.

Still gonna make more $ than most of us in our lifetime though. Gonna miss him, but wish him the best too.

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

He was a DGD. Make that money.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

Can't fault him for wanting to go pro. And to a kid another year seems like forever.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good for TT. I hope he does well. I also hope his enthusiasm for the game has rub off on some of the younger players. This guy played until the whistle blew and never quit after the play went past him. Don't know how many downfield tackles he made, but if was great to see his effort to get to the ball.
    DGD TT!!!

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@CoachRob16 said:
    But he promised he was staying a few weeks ago. Just goes to show you have no idea what these players are being told plus he's been hurt on a off for the last year.

Per the article I read earlier, that post was centered around being proud of the class and not meaning he was coming back.

Not surprised he isn't coming back. I would have been more surprised by him coming back than if Quan said he was staying

I remember at the end of the SEC Championship the Auburn Center kept going at it with Trenton after the whistle two plays in a row. The third time he tried to bait Trenton, Trenton took a step back and pointed up to the scoreboard. The Aurburn player put his head down and walked back to the huddle while I LMAO.

• hall1138hall1138 Posts: 51 ✭✭ Sophmore

Good Luck Trent!!