Recruiting Question of the Day: Hit me with it

JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 1,629 admin

In the effort to always try to do more for you guys, I'm going to try to post a recruiting question of the day from this board.

Simple rules:

• Please drop me a Q.O.T.D. here.
  • It will become a post on DawgNation
  • I hope to make this a daily feature in the stretch run up to 2/7.

I could call for them in FB comments on our posts. Or I could ask via Twitter. Or maybe even print up a bunch from our Wednesday Night Live shows. But that wouldn't take care of our forum guys.

We'll also try to re-post the answer here in this thread, too.

Comments

• DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophmore

What's Georgia's chances of signing both Tyson Campbell and Isaac Taylor-Stuart?

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What do you think the chances are that these final Recruits Sign with Georgia? Three star commits Jordan Davis and Tramel Walthour.
    Five star commits Tyson Campbell and Isaac Taylor-Stuart.
    Four star commits Tommy Bush Jr., Otis Reese, Rick Sandidge and Quay Walker. I know there is not room for all of them.

• DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophmore

Which players are likely to help plug the defensive middle at Nose Tackle in 2018/19?

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 310 ✭✭✭ Junior

Has Georgia ever has a recruiting class that consisted of all 4 or 5 star players?

• ArchDawg90ArchDawg90 Posts: 9 ✭✭ Sophmore
    edited January 16

Of the current 2018 signed & committed Dawgs, which one do you think gets on the field earliest & most often?

• sarceansarcean Posts: 56 ✭✭ Sophmore

@HunkerDown10 said:

@DawgBiscuit said:
    What's Georgia's chances of signing both Tyson Campbell and Isaac Taylor-Stuart?

ITS has cancelled his Georgia official and will instead visit Bama - ship has sailed. Campbell has taken the last DB spot and put a bow on that position group in this class.

on his twitter says he is rescheduling the Georgia one unless I read it wrong..."Don’t worry I’m rescheduling the other one"

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 134 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is UGA hoping to sign both Quay Walker and Otis Reese or is it a first come first serve type situation?

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

How are we looking on Sandidge? I’d love for UGA to grab Walker, Campbell and Sandidge. ITS IMO is Bama bound. Thanks Jeff!

• shhmittyshhmitty Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

What...if any strategies was learned from having most of the recruits sign during the Early Signing Day versus having most of a teams recruits sign on the later National Signing Day. There is obviously two different thoughts on this as UGA signed early and often, while Alabama and other teams appear to be holding more of their recruits for National signing day. Did this play a factor in the National Championship with Alabama being able to focus more on the current team?

• moosmoos Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Are we seriously pursuing Leon O'Neill? Tucker visited him, but it seems like we have a lot of Safety types on the roster already and we'd potentially have to give up a slot for another position (like DT) to take him. Not a knock on him, just a question about our available space

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Jeff, If/When did you realize that this class actually had the opportunity to become the first in the nation? I know it was discussed this year that it was going to be a down year/that we had no chance to be number one. Thanks!

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How many consecutive top five recruiting classes do you think it will it take for us to have the depth that Bama has now?

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With Chubb and Michel gone, do we see Fromm start to throw more?

If we went to a 50/50 split pass/run (in 2017 it was about 66% run, 33% pass), that would give Fromm an additional 196 attempts...at 8.9ypa that would give him 4383 yards. Obviously that isn't happening. In 2012 Murray had 386 passing attempts (Fromm had 305). If Fromm got 386 attempts, at 8.9ypa, that's 3,435 passing yards. Is that Heisman material?

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@andrews1253 said:
    Has Georgia ever has a recruiting class that consisted of all 4 or 5 star players?

No. 2017 was the closest.... until 2018.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 16

@JayDog said:
    How many consecutive top five recruiting classes do you think it will it take for us to have the depth that Bama has now?

A fifth ranked class will not cut it. Anything less than 300+ 247composite points in any one class would leave UGA behind. Of course, Bama may slide in recruiting making it easier to catch up, but that would probably make another team (Ohio State) King of the hill.
    That said, I will not be surprised when Georgia is the top Dawg in talent depth in three years; the 2019 class is set up to be EPIC, maybe pushing 330.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Could Georgia have a possible scenario of picking up 5 recruits before NSD in Feb?

Walker/Reese
    Davis
    Walthour
    Bush
    Campbell

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is ITS taking a UGA official, and what date?

• 313DAWG313DAWG Posts: 83 ✭✭ Sophmore

We've lost the best DT/NT in the state for 3 consecutive yrs, will this trend continue in 2019?!

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 240 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does the Stanford offer to JD Bertrand impact his recruiting thought process at all or is he just 100% locked in on Georgia?

• ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophmore
    edited January 16

Now that there is more information on players who are going to the NFL, players that are transferring, and players who unfortunately have to medically end their careers, do you still think the 2018 class will be 24 recruits or do you think the number will expand to 25?

• BigDawg96BigDawg96 Posts: 26 ✭ Freshman

Bertrand is 100000% all dawg.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 421 ✭✭✭ Junior

How many DT will we take this year for position need maybe over best available.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 421 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is Grey shirt good strategy when grabbing max talent. It can be a form of a insurance policy to have the best full 85 in fall camp.
    Grey shirt turns into the scholarship and nothing lost next year if a spot opens up, they usually do.
    Didn't we save a grey shirt when Chaucy transfered?

• SWARLES_BARKLEYSWARLES_BARKLEY Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

@dawgbybirth said:
    Is Grey shirt good strategy when grabbing max talent. It can be a form of a insurance policy to have the best full 85 in fall camp.
    Grey shirt turns into the scholarship and nothing lost next year if a spot opens up, they usually do.
    Didn't we save a grey shirt when Chaucy transfered?

Honest question - does grey shirting even work with the 25 limit in effect now? It seems like you’re still limited to 25, which is the main inhibitor. Grey shirting, as I understood it, was a creative solution to dealing with the 85 roster cap.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can a team blueshirt in consecutive years?

I was wondering if this process can be done in perpetuity as long as the overall scholarship number is 85 or less.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    How much Bojangles do you eat while you’re on the road? Does it rival Rusty Mansell’s intake?

Great question ... I love me some BoJangle