Gibbs is not enrolled in classes

benben Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Quick note here guys. I don’t post a lot, but I can confirm Gibbs is not enrolled in classes. Coaches trying to get him back for summer session, but it doesn’t look good.

Comments

• dawgdawg Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

FWIW, enrolled in classes or not, I have heard that it is looking good, and the coaches fully expect him to be back as ready for next season. Hopefully even spring ball.

• Eason4HeismanEason4Heisman Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior

@ben said:
    Quick note here guys. I don’t post a lot, but I can confirm Gibbs is not enrolled in classes. Coaches trying to get him back for summer session, but it doesn’t look good.

Fake News. I believe Mr. Sentell and Mr. Mansell more than you, thats for dang sure

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If he is not enrolled in classes, he cannot take part in spring practice. He could get a waiver to work with trainers but no practice.

• mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If this was true you know every major sporting site would be reporting on it by now. I'm not saying it isn't true b/c I don't know but its odd that nobody has reported on it yet. I mean Thompson left last year and everyone one knew about it.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Post #1: “I don’t a lot”, but..............

• shhmittyshhmitty Posts: 194 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does anyone know what's going on with him? I know it's been said that he has had some type of medical issue, but at this point it seems a little more than that.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Ben and very insightful!

Gentlemen, that is how to make a post that will not lead to any speculation/rumors while still providing concrete evidence to back up the statement. The bar has been set

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Ben and very insightful!

Gentlemen, that is how to make a post that will not lead to any speculation/rumors while still providing concrete evidence to back up the statement. The bar has been set

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

there's a difference between don't post a lot and don't post at all

• rg34rg34 Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Not enrolled part has been reported behind a paywall. The not looking good for summer part falls into the speculation category.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Listen to yesterday’s podcast with Jeff. His vibe is good on Gibbs return

Which podcast greygoose?

@mlee said:
    Which podcast greygoose?

DawgNation daily

• moosmoos Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    there's a difference between don't post a lot and don't post at all

And sometimes it's a bridge too far...

Just listened to it greygoose and Jeff didn’t seem to think we need to worry about Gibbs. Also if he wasn’t enrolled he and Brandon would have reported on it.. News like that would be every where..

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 407 ✭✭✭ Junior

More D Gibbs fake news part two. Probably the same guy creating a new account.

• SwiftyManSwiftyMan Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gibbs not being enrolled is not fake news. Confirmed by well connected alum I know (let’s just say there is a building named after a member of his family). Whether he will be back or not is speculation/crystal ball at this point

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SwiftyMan said:
    Gibbs not being enrolled is not fake news. Confirmed by well connected alum I know (let’s just say there is a building named after a member of his family). Whether he will be back or not is speculation/crystal ball at this point

You sir are fake news.

• SwiftyManSwiftyMan Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nice comment

@mlee said:
    Just listened to it greygoose and Jeff didn’t seem to think we need to worry about Gibbs. Also if he wasn’t enrolled he and Brandon would have reported on it.. News like that would be every where..

1. That my friend is why we trust our good buddy Mr. Jeff “intel” Sentell.

2. Rusty Mansell

3. Dean Legge

Honorable mentions. Chip Towers and Seth Emerson.

All these guys are plugged in and are credible trusted sources.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Eason4Heisman said:

@ben said:

Fake News. I believe Mr. Sentell and Mr. Mansell more than you, thats for dang sure

Have you decided on a date to announce a new handle?

• cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WildDawg said:
    Unless I hear it from CNN I'm not going to believe it...oh wait, they're fake news too.

I am heard that CNN and The Onion have begun merger talks.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish we knew “something” more concrete on Gibbs. There is definitely something pretty serious going on with him. He went from top level recruit to getting on the field as a true FR to AWOL. I do remember reading about him being in a really bad car crash in HS and sustaining some pretty significant injuries from that and I also “think” I saw that was the big reason he went from a 5 star as a HS JR to a high 4 star by his senior season. All of this may not even be correct, but I do remember reading some articles on it over the past couple of years.

I can say this though: I watched 2 of Grayson’s games in Gibbs’ senior season. I know he has a high ceiling, but he was “above average” at best on that Grayson team. J. Williams was the best player on the field in the 2 games I saw. I do hope he is OK health wise and still a Dawg when all is said and done. I also did listen to the podcast when @JeffSentell said there should be no worries about Gibbs. @JeffSentell, if it’s a personal issue, I understand why you cannot elaborate, but can you give us any more “tidbits” on Gibbs?

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some of y'all are nosey af. I get it, it's only natural to be curious, but give the boy his privacy. I imagine if some of these writers could report on it then they would. Let's just hope for the best and wait for news to come when Gibbs/UGA is ready for it to be released.

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

@greygoose01 said:

@mlee said:

2. Rusty Mansell

3. Dean Legge

Except for 2 years ago when Legge printed completely wrong “insider” information and had th retract...the death knell for “real journalists” but not so much in the digital age.

• WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

@AgDawg said:
    Some of y'all are nosey af. I get it, it's only natural to be curious, but give the boy his privacy. I imagine if some of these writers could report on it then they would. Let's just hope for the best and wait for news to come when Gibbs/UGA is ready for it to be released.

I agree, from what it sounds like there are some issues he's dealing with and we just need to let him have his space and figure things out. Hoping to see him balling by Summer though, but more importantly that everything is ok with him personally.

@dawfanfromalabam said:

@greygoose01 said:

@mlee said:

2. Rusty Mansell

3. Dean Legge

Except for 2 years ago when Legge printed completely wrong “insider” information and had th retract...the death knell for “real journalists” but not so much in the digital age.

Now you see why he's lowest on the list. I'd put Chip and Seth above him if I could, but they're more of an "all around" news reporter than recruiting insiders to me. Not a knock to them, just how I feel from reading their articles, Towers take, and the Mailbag.