Hasslewood

Does anybody know why he took another trip to the vols. Is he just making sure there is any thing there. Is he going anywhere else but us.

«13

Comments

  • DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Dude, anybody can take a visit anywhere. Just because he’s committed doesn’t mean he’s signed.

  • Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    He's just enjoying the process imo...

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 11,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @j_j_j_s1 said:
    Does anybody know why he took another trip to the vols. Is he just making sure there is any thing there. Is he going anywhere else but us.

    There has been stuff making the rounds for awhile now suggesting Hazelwood might be a soft commit.
    With a year left to consider their options most 2019 commits might be considered soft.
    I try to avoid second guessing these high school kids, it serves no purpose.

  • WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @BojanglesInsider said:

    @j_j_j_s1 said:
    Does anybody know why he took another trip to the vols. Is he just making sure there is any thing there. Is he going anywhere else but us.

    Are you talking about the guy that ran shirtless through the streets on a cold winter night screaming "WE GOIN TO THE NATTY WOOO!!" ???? Dawg lock. Remember it's to our advantage if coaches like Pruitt waste time trying to flip the unflippable. At the same time our boy Jadon can go to these shady dumpster places like rocky top out of curiosity

    ...or talk sense into anyone considering the dumpster places. Why dive for banana peels and fried day old bologna, when you can get a red filet mignon with a big azz G stamped on it?

  • Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I'd much rather a commit got out and be assured that without a doubt Athens is the place for them 100%. How else are they supposed to know if they don't look around. They have EARNED it.

    Also dont forget that these commits meet up and build relationships on these visits. Its a chance to be swayed, yes, but its also a chance for him to get in someones else's ear and do the recruiting on the ground floor...."Hey man, have you taken a look at UGA yet?"

  • MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 475 ✭✭✭ Junior

    It's Haselwood. At least know how to spell the kid's name before you start a discussion. Or is spelling not your strong suit?

  • ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Just saw an article about Haselwood visiting Auburn for the 2nd time and that Georgia is probably concerned. Any thoughts on this?

  • jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @ColaDawg86 said:
    Just saw an article about Haselwood visiting Auburn for the 2nd time and that Georgia is probably concerned. Any thoughts on this?

    Can you share the source?

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @jarred_buck said:

    @ColaDawg86 said:
    Just saw an article about Haselwood visiting Auburn for the 2nd time and that Georgia is probably concerned. Any thoughts on this?

    Can you share the source?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/06/5-star_receiver_jadon_haselwoo.amp

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @ColaDawg86 said:
    Just saw an article about Haselwood visiting Auburn for the 2nd time and that Georgia is probably concerned. Any thoughts on this?

    I’m not too worried about it at this time. He’s said all along he was going to keep taking visits, and Auburn is a school that’s not too far away to go visit. Netori and Shaffer were his teammates in HS, so hopefully that continues to help. Auburn is still riding their high of beating Bama and UGA. UGA and Bama just need to put them in their place on the field this year, and the recruiting will then take care of itself.

  • ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2018

    I just found it interesting that Haselwood himself said that Georgia is probably concerned and didn't say anything of sort to say he is still committed to the Dawgs.

  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @ColaDawg86 said:
    Just saw an article about Haselwood visiting Auburn for the 2nd time and that Georgia is probably concerned. Any thoughts on this?

    Article is click bait. Read the kids quotes. Nothing to worry about here.

  • ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @CZCashvilleDawg said:

    @ColaDawg86 said:
    Just saw an article about Haselwood visiting Auburn for the 2nd time and that Georgia is probably concerned. Any thoughts on this?

    Article is click bait. Read the kids quotes. Nothing to worry about here.

    This is what I'm hoping it is.

  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    That article supports UGA more than anything. Those are the most political correct statements a kid could make. He was being nice “they gave me something to think about” aka “not really but it was fun”. “Next question” aka “of course I’m solid I just don’t wanna hurt your feelings (you can’t handle the truth)”. Just good times for him and his family. Haslewood only considers flipping if our offense is anemic in passing game this year

    Our 3 five stars are solid and will continue to be. Recent commits taking visits we should be cautiously optimistic/borderline worried.

  • moosmoos Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

    @MarkBoknecht said:
    It's Haselwood. At least know how to spell the kid's name before you start a discussion. Or is spelling not your strong suit?

    It's tact. It's the ability to point out a shortcoming or error without coming across like a jerk.

  • PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Win the East and the SEC Championship in 2018 and you got nothing to worry about.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Can we put Jadon in that Nolan Smith category yet? Kid is all dawg. Loves Coley. Loves Justin Fields. Loves Georgia. Unless we start running the ball 60 times a game, he's coming to Athens.

    If we see JJ Hollimon and Matt Landers get some highlight reel looks, it's only going to solidify what's already very solid

  • ShulaShula Posts: 342 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Jadon certainly isn’t in the Nolan Smith category.

  • tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Kasey said:
    Can we put Jadon in that Nolan Smith category yet? Kid is all dawg. Loves Coley. Loves Justin Fields. Loves Georgia. Unless we start running the ball 60 times a game, he's coming to Athens.

    If we see JJ Hollimon and Matt Landers get some highlight reel looks, it's only going to solidify what's already very solid

    You bring up a good point. Jadon will be a keen observer of the offense this season. He’s on record as having said in multi interviews that he wants to see it opened up and the wide receivers get more touches. He’s an Oklahoma legacy and Lincoln Riley (and perhaps even Shane Beamer) is in his ear about joining fellow five star wideouts Theo Wease and Arjei Henderson in Norman. We have the weapons for Fromm to throw for well over 300 yards a game and with Big Jim taking up tight end coaching, they will no longer be glorified OTs. I believe we’ll be fine with him.

  • dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2018

    Jadon pick one Bo Nix or Justin Fields to play with. No disrespect, not a hard call.
    Georgia has a better shot at flipping George Pickins to us from Auburn, then Jadon Hasslewood to Auburn.

    Our best recruiting and the fire comes when we are on the field in the fall for recruiting. Yes I want Pickins 6'5 play maker. He makes our receiving corp sick and matchs the balance of our elite line, QB, and RB's.

  • ShulaShula Posts: 342 ✭✭✭ Junior

    I don’t think Haslewood will flip but I do think Auburn is a threat and he said it himself that the UGA staff is concerned about his trips. Pickens will stay instate.

  • jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Teddy said:

    @jarred_buck said:

    @ColaDawg86 said:
    Just saw an article about Haselwood visiting Auburn for the 2nd time and that Georgia is probably concerned. Any thoughts on this?

    Can you share the source?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/06/5-star_receiver_jadon_haselwoo.amp

    Thanks! :D I really enjoyed the comments from all of the Auburn fans saying that UGA recruiting was in a huge downside because
    we were losing all of our top instate talent to other schools.

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Kasey said:
    Can we put Jadon in that Nolan Smith category yet? Kid is all dawg. Loves Coley. Loves Justin Fields. Loves Georgia. Unless we start running the ball 60 times a game, he's coming to Athens.

    If we see JJ Hollimon and Matt Landers get some highlight reel looks, it's only going to solidify what's already very solid

    Hardeman and Godwin too.
    Don’t forget Ridley. If he keeps his nose clean he could be all sec (2nd-3rd team)

  • dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @Shula said:
    I don’t think Haslewood will flip but I do think Auburn is a threat and he said it himself that the UGA staff is concerned about his trips. Pickens will stay instate.

    I guess if Pickens stays in state and it is not UAB then Auburn best. We are more in competition with Alabama then Auburn in some ways , we need to out recruit everyone, and get as many alpha dawgs then they get elephants n eagles.

  • ShulaShula Posts: 342 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @dawgbybirth said:

    @Shula said:
    I don’t think Haslewood will flip but I do think Auburn is a threat and he said it himself that the UGA staff is concerned about his trips. Pickens will stay instate.

    I guess if Pickens stays in state and it is not UAB then Auburn best. We are more in competition with Alabama then Auburn in some ways , we need to out recruit everyone, and get as many alpha dawgs then they get elephants n eagles.

    Pickens will sign with bama or Auburn.

  • bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I think with the addition of Coley, having new dynamics in the QB room and more "mobile" QBs the playbook is opened up significantly. We're still gonna run the ball, we're always gonna run the ball at UGA but I think you're going to see a lot of RPOs and play action this year. So with all that Jadon will be all Dawg imo.

  • brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    during the off-season, some of these schools like Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida can feed the recruits a bunch of bs because the season hasn’t begun, so everyone is even. But, when the season starts, they’re quickly reminded of what a real football program looks like.

«13
Sign In or Register to comment.